Oracle

2.9

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

One round interview. Met four interviewers from each section of the tax team. One-on-one with each of interviewer for about 10-30 minutes each. I was asked when will I be able to start working at the very beginning. Then Self-introduction at first. Some technical questions related to tax terminologies like business start up expense treatment, etc. Excel skill level. Be prepared to answer any questions on the resume items. Also prepare at least 10 questions for the interviewers.

Visa issue

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Three rounds of interviews: 2 in person interviews and 1 phone interview. One interview was with the HR recruiter and the others were with Sales Reps. The first interview with the HR recruiter was a general interview asking basic question (Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in this position? Tell me examples of times you were involved in sales? If not that's okay. Why are you a good fit for sales?). The other interviews went into more detail but were similar to the first interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

4 interviews with international tax groups and transfer pricing groups. The interviews were more like chatting, based on my resume. They were super nice and the office building was gorgeous..

Timing issue.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions
    • My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview offered after an academic visit to the company headquarter: during the visit, the contact of the company and the professor agreed on looking for an internship opportunities for some students, and in few hours we were given the chance of an interview. Two days later, the interview lasted 3 hours and consisted in several company employees asking the most diverse questions about CS and in particular about my work field and thesis, from general questions about my prior work to very detailed questions. Moreover, some interviewers checkedmy programming and designing skills by asking me to program with C language and to design a circuit that implements a memory.

Interview Questions
    • Which changes would you make to the CPU cache architecture to improve it? Would you be able to design a memory?   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then!

I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Questions
    • If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Global Licensing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

1. Email from Internal Recruiter in April 2014
    2. 1-hour interview with internal recruiter who acted very antsy that they had to get the position filled, this was in mid May 2014
    3. Did not hear anything until the beginning of June and after repeatedly emailing, I was given 1- day to be onsite. Never mind the fact I already have a full-time demanding job and cannot cancel scheduled meetings at the last minute. Finally the interview was put into place fort
    4. Phone interview set up - 30 minutes with senior manager (on the east coast) and director in san francisco. Then I was told it would be narrowed down and I would "hear back from them within a week". It has now been 8 weeks and I stopped emailing them 6 weeks ago after the director had promised I would hear something after July 4th weekend. It is now August 13th and they have disappeared.
    Not impressed and extremely disappointed with how I was been treated. I felt the job is completely what I wanted and ironically, I worked with Oracle at my previous company. If this is honestly how they treat their candidates, I will never apply again.

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions. You do not need to regurgitate your resume   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

For project manager position in Oracle Utilities Analytics (formerly DataRaker) group. Internal recruiter initiated by contacting me through LinkedIn. Recruiter phone interview was immediate followed by hiring manager phone interview. Hiring manager said they would like to bring me in for on-site, which was scheduled then canceled. I was told that due to people being out of the office, they had to re-schedule but I never heard back from either the recruiter or the hiring manager, even after I followed up a couple of weeks later.

I felt pressure from both the recruiter and the hiring manager to be rushed along, and, although they were courteous enough, I felt like a commodity. For example, when I asked to schedule the phone screen a day or two out, the recruiter asked if I could move it up if we did 7 or 8 pm. He was 30 min late, at 7 pm. He asked for my resume but didn't send me the job posting until I asked for it. The hiring manager phone interview was for 2 pm on the same day he emailed me. After the on site was canceled, there was no communication, not even a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the specific questions but it was mostly reviewing the resume.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

They were hiring too many people it seemed like

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.