Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is quite simple. Depends on what team and what position you are interviewing with. I met with three teams at the Oracle HQs in Redwood shores in a single day. Also had a lunch with an alumni of my school. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the time with some basic questions on Java, multithreading and Algortihms.

Interview Questions

• Some teams ask technical(Algorithms and Java) questions while others concentrate on behavioral and communication skills. Algorithm question- Print the complete ancestral chain in a given n-Array tree.(You have to print all the parents till the root of each node of a given n-Array tree)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall, very relaxed. There were two interviewers from the team and they both just asked questions to get to know me. The office is very nice and inviting and the location is beautiful. The actual interview lasted no more than 45 minutes and was conducted in a small office room. The interviewers walked me out afterward and told me we would be in contact. The position went to someone else though.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter, and had simple phone interview, then was arranged for the campus interview. i was interviewed by three managers for around one and half hours. first manager asked very detailed questions, they wanted to make sure that you are comfortable for the cold calling and work under pressure... second and last manager asked more broad questions...

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Heard about the opening through my university recruitment program. Went to info session, really liked the people. Applied, in a week had a few phone interviews, as well as one on site in person interview. Positive experience, almost all the questions were behavioral. Learned about great training, career opportunities, benefits, MBA option.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer. How did you manage the situation?   1 Answer

Undefined Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1) Phone screening with recruiter Step 2) Social Event - Held at the Four Seasons in Redwood City, mingle with many other candidates and several hiring managers from Oracle's various sales teams prior to a presentation from an executive, and a group interview in which 4-7 candidates speak with a pair of managers from a selected sales team. Step 3) At a time determined prior to the Social event, if you receive a call back candidates are brought back in for one on one interviews with managers on different teams. Step 4) Additional Phone interview I ended the process at this point and accepted a position with a different company

Interview Questions

• 1) How many years have you worked as a quota carrying sales rep? 2) List your typical steps during a sales cycle? 3) How have you been successful? 4) How did you succeed at hitting your sales goal while the rest of your team did not?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got the recruiter's information from a friend and was given a phone interview right away. I later had 2 in person interviews. It was not intimidating at all. You just have to be passionate about sales. Although I was really confident, I wasn't really passionate about working in sales and they were able to tell.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions

• It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair and met three employees from Oracle. I was contacted by a college recruiter within the following two weeks and went through three different interviews. The first interview was over the phone with the college recruiter and was extremely basic. The second interview was over the phone with a sales manager and the questions were very similar to the first interview but with a little more depth. The final interview was in person, on Oracle's campus, and was with another manager. The final interview felt more like a conversation than anything. I was asked one or two situational questions (what would you do if...?) but overall, the questions were basic sales questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received ten accounts that required locating and contacting human resource managers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to the oracle recruiting email address, and got a reply from the HR. Later, she called me asking for some basic information. It was not like a phone interview. Then my resume was reviewed by groups in Oracle. About one month later, I got the onsite interview invitation with the group descriptions. Then I speak with five groups. Some groups are in Massachusetts, then the form would be a video interview. Video interviews were basically more technical. Others asked about the resume and projects I did in school, together with some small technical questions. They were not very hard. The time for each group was 1 hour and a quarter. And I speak with several persons in that group. Between successive interviews, there was a quarter for rest. Interviewers were very friendly, and made the interview more like a talking or discussion. Now I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume, and some little coding problems.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an on-site interview that was very intense. Overall the hiring process was smooth and efficient, with interviewers helping to establish a friendly but professional dialogue with the interviewee. As I said before, the on-site at HQ was intense, but I came out of it feeling great and confident in my performance.