Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

1. Resume review 2. Phone Screening 3. On-Site interviews

Interview Questions

• 1. Real coding questions in the programming languages 2. Mathematical Algorithms   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Interview

Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

This was one of the easiest interviews. I was recruited from the Cal Poly, SLO career fair. I handed a recruiter my resume and they emailed me regarding an interest in my resume. From there, I underwent a series of three over-the-phone interviews. One, with a recruiter, and the other two with two different managers. All three interviews were extremely easy, with some of the most generic questions. I answered them honestly and confidently and was hired 2 weeks later.

Director of Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Very laid-back. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I got invited to a meeting with the hiring manager. We "clicked" quickly.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember. It didn't really feel like an interview, more of a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only thing that one can negotiate is the starting salary. There is nothing else on the offer. So my advise is: negotiate it well, you don't know when you will have a raise.

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Oracle Direct Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview (panel interview- 3 people) It took 3 months after the interview for them to make the offer because of how long their "Workflow" takes. The whole process was extremely frustrating and I almost accepted another job because it took so long. They told me they wanted to hire me the day after I interviewed and it took 3 months after that for them to make the offer. The whole process should have been a red flag of what was to come...

Interview Questions

• What was your sales cycle like at your last position?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied for a consultant position at university. Was promptly notified and had an interview within the next three days.

Interview Questions

• None: asked very basic questions regarding experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

phone which takes 1 hour, then called to do an onsite interview, there are 5 or 6, I don't really remember, overall the interview experience is good, questions been asked are all quite easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no gegotiation