Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.9

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Oracle in March 2008.

1. Resume review
    2. Phone Screening
    3. On-Site interviews

Interview Questions
    • 1. Real coding questions in the programming languages
      2. Mathematical Algorithms
        View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Applied for a consultant position at university. Was promptly notified and had an interview within the next three days.

Interview Questions
    • None: asked very basic questions regarding experience.   Answer Question

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Director of Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Very laid-back. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I got invited to a meeting with the hiring manager. We "clicked" quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. It didn't really feel like an interview, more of a discussion.   Answer Question
    The only thing that one can negotiate is the starting salary. There is nothing else on the offer. So my advise is: negotiate it well, you don't know when you will have a raise.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question
    Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.