Oracle

96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I interviewed at Oracle in March 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Resume review

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Menlo Park, CA

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Question – Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Associate Internet Sales Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a consultant position at university. Was promptly notified and had an interview within the next three days.

Interview Question – None: asked very basic questions regarding experience.   Answer Question

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Question – Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Director of Pricing Interview

Director of Pricing
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very laid-back. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I got invited to a meeting with the hiring manager. We "clicked" quickly.

Interview Question – I don't remember. It didn't really feel like an interview, more of a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only thing that one can negotiate is the starting salary. There is nothing else on the offer. So my advise is: negotiate it well, you don't know when you will have a raise.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Question – Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 96 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.