Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview, onsite interview met 4-5 interviewer, onsite presentation. make sure know SQL and Oracle DB very well. Programming or DBA background or previous sales experience are very important. if not, you have to have good GPA.

Interview Questions

• censorious related question to test technical and soft skills   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

This was one of the easiest interviews. I was recruited from the Cal Poly, SLO career fair. I handed a recruiter my resume and they emailed me regarding an interest in my resume. From there, I underwent a series of three over-the-phone interviews. One, with a recruiter, and the other two with two different managers. All three interviews were extremely easy, with some of the most generic questions. I answered them honestly and confidently and was hired 2 weeks later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Couple of initial phone interviews followed by onsite interview with managers. My situation was unique case in that they wanted to fill role quickly so everything was stream-lined and happened very fast.

Interview Questions

• Goals within the next couple of years.   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview by hr and she suggested me to review DB and java , linux before real interview .
    the on-site interview started from a paper test then a 3 round of one - on - one test.
    the interview had some basic questions regarding of data structure and algorithm

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with an online application. Approximately two weeks later, I had a phone screen with the CEO. About a month later, I had my first onsite interview with a group of leads/managers and a 1:1 interview with the CEO. I also had a second onsite interview about three weeks after the first onsite interview. The second onsite interview was the same as the first. I was one of the two final candidates for the job, but unfortunately, I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Signal integrity questions about transmission line termination techniques.   Answer Question
    • State Machines in Verilog and the different advantages/disadvantages various coding schemes like Gray Code or One-Hot.   1 Answer
    • Questions on the use of a vector network analyzer.   Answer Question

Undefined Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1) Phone screening with recruiter
    Step 2) Social Event - Held at the Four Seasons in Redwood City, mingle with many other candidates and several hiring managers from Oracle's various sales teams prior to a presentation from an executive, and a group interview in which 4-7 candidates speak with a pair of managers from a selected sales team.
    Step 3) At a time determined prior to the Social event, if you receive a call back candidates are brought back in for one on one interviews with managers on different teams.
    Step 4) Additional Phone interview

I ended the process at this point and accepted a position with a different company

Interview Questions

• 1) How many years have you worked as a quota carrying sales rep?
      2) List your typical steps during a sales cycle?
      3) How have you been successful?
      4) How did you succeed at hitting your sales goal while the rest of your team did not?

Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair and met three employees from Oracle. I was contacted by a college recruiter within the following two weeks and went through three different interviews. The first interview was over the phone with the college recruiter and was extremely basic. The second interview was over the phone with a sales manager and the questions were very similar to the first interview but with a little more depth. The final interview was in person, on Oracle's campus, and was with another manager. The final interview felt more like a conversation than anything. I was asked one or two situational questions (what would you do if...?) but overall, the questions were basic sales questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received ten accounts that required locating and contacting human resource managers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to the oracle recruiting email address, and got a reply from the HR. Later, she called me asking for some basic information. It was not like a phone interview. Then my resume was reviewed by groups in Oracle. About one month later, I got the onsite interview invitation with the group descriptions. Then I speak with five groups. Some groups are in Massachusetts, then the form would be a video interview. Video interviews were basically more technical. Others asked about the resume and projects I did in school, together with some small technical questions. They were not very hard. The time for each group was 1 hour and a quarter. And I speak with several persons in that group. Between successive interviews, there was a quarter for rest. Interviewers were very friendly, and made the interview more like a talking or discussion. Now I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume, and some little coding problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions

• It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an on-site interview that was very intense. Overall the hiring process was smooth and efficient, with interviewers helping to establish a friendly but professional dialogue with the interviewee. As I said before, the on-site at HQ was intense, but I came out of it feeling great and confident in my performance.