Oracle

100 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Question – My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Tax Interview

Tax
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call that my resume was short listed. Was callked for the interview. One day process. Total of Three rounds. Each round was with team member, manager and then director of the team respectively. Got a call after 6 months saying I got shortlisted for the job and if i wanted to accept the same.

Interview Question – Technical questions about course work you did in college or project report without even looking at the question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

Reason for Declining – They were hiring too many people it seemed like

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Question – A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Interview Details – A series of on-site interviews with hiring managers. The internal recruiters are on top of their game bringing in top candidates as Oracle is constantly hiring. It's important to develop relationships with these recruiters as much as with the hiring managers. One hiring manager was about to leave for another company, delaying the process, but the hiring manager put things back on track. My offer was communicated as a voicemail a week after my last interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about our sales organization.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracles negotiation is internal, abstracted away from the candidate.

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Principal Member of Technical Staff
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then!

I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Question – If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Associate Internet Sales Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through Linkedin
phone interview with recruiter
phone interview with manager
presentation with group including managers and other sales consultants

Interview Question – Present some type of technology to us for 30 minutes over webex   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of technical interview followed by last round with manager

Interview Question – Related to Application Egnine   View Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Social Media Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and a couples week later the recruiter called to set up an interview, from there I spoke with the hiring manger and then the rest of the team. The process seemed a little disorganized for such a large company. Once I spoke with the recruiter, it was all in the hiring managers hands. The hiring manager was a really nice person but you could tell they were very busy and didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to the interviews. Once I interviewed with the hiring manger then they wanted me to speak to the team I would be working with. I ended up having to set up all these calls and felt like I was somewhat of a bother to these people but they were super nice once I was able to get them on the phone. All the interviews went really well. Once they were done I had to continue to do the follow-up and finally was told that they went with an internal candidate. I would never have known if I had not followed up with the hiring manger (multiple times). I was obviously bummed I did not get the job but the level of disorganization and how hard I had to work to get the interviews made me a little nervous.

Interview Question – What I would do to engage the speakers with social media?   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!