Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair and met three employees from Oracle. I was contacted by a college recruiter within the following two weeks and went through three different interviews. The first interview was over the phone with the college recruiter and was extremely basic. The second interview was over the phone with a sales manager and the questions were very similar to the first interview but with a little more depth. The final interview was in person, on Oracle's campus, and was with another manager. The final interview felt more like a conversation than anything. I was asked one or two situational questions (what would you do if...?) but overall, the questions were basic sales questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you received ten accounts that required locating and contacting human resource managers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to the oracle recruiting email address, and got a reply from the HR. Later, she called me asking for some basic information. It was not like a phone interview. Then my resume was reviewed by groups in Oracle. About one month later, I got the onsite interview invitation with the group descriptions. Then I speak with five groups. Some groups are in Massachusetts, then the form would be a video interview. Video interviews were basically more technical. Others asked about the resume and projects I did in school, together with some small technical questions. They were not very hard. The time for each group was 1 hour and a quarter. And I speak with several persons in that group. Between successive interviews, there was a quarter for rest. Interviewers were very friendly, and made the interview more like a talking or discussion. Now I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume, and some little coding problems.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an on-site interview that was very intense. Overall the hiring process was smooth and efficient, with interviewers helping to establish a friendly but professional dialogue with the interviewee. As I said before, the on-site at HQ was intense, but I came out of it feeling great and confident in my performance.

Oracle Direct Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview (panel interview- 3 people) It took 3 months after the interview for them to make the offer because of how long their "Workflow" takes. The whole process was extremely frustrating and I almost accepted another job because it took so long. They told me they wanted to hire me the day after I interviewed and it took 3 months after that for them to make the offer. The whole process should have been a red flag of what was to come...

Interview Questions

• What was your sales cycle like at your last position?   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview process with multiple technical calls. The approval process was long. I did not think I was going to get a call back. I am glad I did not give up, I am very satisfied with my new job. The interviewers were SMEs on the Oracle products giving appropriate feedback on the accuracy of my responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe the usage of Oracle's table partitioning and how it is used to improve performance on queries.   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

One round interview. Met four interviewers from each section of the tax team. One-on-one with each of interviewer for about 10-30 minutes each. I was asked when will I be able to start working at the very beginning. Then Self-introduction at first. Some technical questions related to tax terminologies like business start up expense treatment, etc. Excel skill level. Be prepared to answer any questions on the resume items. Also prepare at least 10 questions for the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• business start up expense treatment   1 Answer

Visa issue

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews: 2 in person interviews and 1 phone interview. One interview was with the HR recruiter and the others were with Sales Reps. The first interview with the HR recruiter was a general interview asking basic question (Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in this position? Tell me examples of times you were involved in sales? If not that's okay. Why are you a good fit for sales?). The other interviews went into more detail but were similar to the first interview.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with an online application. Approximately two weeks later, I had a phone screen with the CEO. About a month later, I had my first onsite interview with a group of leads/managers and a 1:1 interview with the CEO. I also had a second onsite interview about three weeks after the first onsite interview. The second onsite interview was the same as the first. I was one of the two final candidates for the job, but unfortunately, I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Signal integrity questions about transmission line termination techniques.   Answer Question
    • State Machines in Verilog and the different advantages/disadvantages various coding schemes like Gray Code or One-Hot.   1 Answer
    • Questions on the use of a vector network analyzer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

4 interviews with international tax groups and transfer pricing groups. The interviews were more like chatting, based on my resume. They were super nice and the office building was gorgeous..

Timing issue.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was very standard. I was first contacted by an in-house recruiter for a brief conversation. Next a phone interview was held with the hiring manager. I was then invited for an in-person interview with the VP of the group I was applying for. Each interview lasted approximately 30-60 minutes.