Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Sales Operations Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Hired through acquisition. Had opportunity to speak to and interact with multiple groups that my previous position touched. Was mapped to the group that would receive the most value from my skill set.

Interview Question – Where would you like to go?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – Typical process. One round with Recruiter, One round with hiring manager and an on-site interview with 4-5 peer of the hiring manager. The process was quick. Scheduling was done quick . Location was easy to get to. The team was quick to respond. Be prepare to just listen and not ask any question. Some questions were totally irrelevant .

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Most of the managers did not seem very motivated. They switched over from consulting and are happy with steady check.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was 10k less than original offer. They like to play dodge ball. I accepted the original offer and they came back and said sorry we didnt realize we could not pay you that much. We have to drop it by 10k. Seems like bait and switch. I declined because I found that process very unethical.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round interviews are basic personality/behavioral questions on resume topics and your interest in the company. The second round is more focused on your qualifications and nailing down why you would be a good candidate for Sales. You are forced to sell your self and have evidence or examples of why sales is right for you.

Interview Question – Can you make a cold call?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Question – can you work without resources   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation take it or leave it

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by another Oracle employee. I had two phone interviews, one with a Senior Director and one with a VP. The Senior Director's questions related to what I had experience with and how large each project was. Very personable and comfortable. The VP asked situational questions and wanted to understand the way I analyze and approach situations. I gave honest, pragmatic answers.

Interview Question – Why did you work at three different companies in the past 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initially I was promised a higher salary, then executive management cut it by 10K, claiming 'I could grow into the position'. This past year, there were no (official) raises, so zero "growing into' dollars for me. I decided to accept the job based on being virtual and my immediate management.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Menlo Park, CA

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer V Interview

Software Engineer V
Redwood City, CA

I interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

Interview Details – For software engineers - about 4 interviews: 2 technical, 1 manager, 1 hr. sometimes an interview by a matrix manager or the manager's manager.
Mostly recruiting via headhunting (linked-in).

Interview Question – No question database - when i interview i ask a combination of questions (some ad hock).   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Question – Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interview. 1st with my Manager about my expertise, skills etc. Second was with a peer and totally Java fundamentals. The onsite interview was 3-4 hours. Totally techinal and involved coding and real time software problem solving.