Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.9

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Questions
    no negotiation take it or leave it

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

No negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

First round interviews are basic personality/behavioral questions on resume topics and your interest in the company. The second round is more focused on your qualifications and nailing down why you would be a good candidate for Sales. You are forced to sell your self and have evidence or examples of why sales is right for you.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

I applied for the job and a couples week later the recruiter called to set up an interview, from there I spoke with the hiring manger and then the rest of the team. The process seemed a little disorganized for such a large company. Once I spoke with the recruiter, it was all in the hiring managers hands. The hiring manager was a really nice person but you could tell they were very busy and didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to the interviews. Once I interviewed with the hiring manger then they wanted me to speak to the team I would be working with. I ended up having to set up all these calls and felt like I was somewhat of a bother to these people but they were super nice once I was able to get them on the phone. All the interviews went really well. Once they were done I had to continue to do the follow-up and finally was told that they went with an internal candidate. I would never have known if I had not followed up with the hiring manger (multiple times). I was obviously bummed I did not get the job but the level of disorganization and how hard I had to work to get the interviews made me a little nervous.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do to engage the speakers with social media?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

An senior engineer of that group asked me some technical questions about web technologies such as AJAX, XML, JSON and some C++ questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions
    • A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer
    Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.