Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Question – Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went through the campus recruiting process. I had two interviews, one phone interview and one in-person interview at my school's career center. Both were very straightforward and all behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I was asked behavioral questions based on my resume that I had submitted to them. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me right away if I'd be available for an in-person interview in the next two days. At that interview, they asked some follow-up questions to the answers I had given in the phone interview. I was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no technical or case questions asked.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – On-site interview with 8 teams spread across 2 days. Interviews are greatly team dependent. Oracle does awesome work. So if you get into a good tea, it is a not to miss opportunity.

Negotiation Details – Not much

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview

Redwood City, CA

Interview Details – Got a call for onsite interview from the HR. Guess it was based on Career fair where I had submitted my resume. The process is good like 7-10 teams on 1-2 locations based on your interest is what you get and cracking at least one of them is sure to happen. One of the easiest interviews one may expect. Its mostly skill matching they look for so while choosing the teams choose ones you like the most and keep asking for more teams in case you don't find the given set interesting - this is important if you are considering this company very seriously !

Reason for Declining – Had better ones.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews - 2 with other sales reps and one with my boss-to-be. overall, I thought the experience was pretty good, and I am looking forward to working there. There is definitely a bias toward action, and I got an upbeat feel about the place. Work hard, work hard and play hard.

Interview Question – Not really any one question. They wanted me to go through a role-play with them on a sales call, so I did. it didn't seem too bad; I think they liked it because it had Oracle products in it. Also, I didn't bash the competition when in my answer, which they seemed to like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. Came back on everything - car, signing bonus, stock, etc. but they pretty much said this is it and I took it.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Interview Details – For QA, it was mostly managerial and less technical. I had to speak with my Manager, Sr. Manager, Director and VP. There were very less technical questions from them. It was mostly a test of attitude. I had one technical round and it was quite easy. I was just asked to write a String concatenation program and different algorithms in doing it.

Negotiation Details – HR was very harsh while negotiating. He straight away declined my request. But Manager was kind enough to talk with upper management and we somehow came up to a pay where both agreed

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview.
A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Hiring Process is Slow, Interview Process can be challenging, More Behavioral Questions, Followed by OS and Coding questions

Interview Question – Roadmapping, Customer Value Proposition   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details – There was a phone screen followed by three rounds of personal interviews. Expect a lengthy process, it took about one month before I got offer in my hand.

Interview Question – They ask you to write code on the board, they give you few puzzles to slove.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer low salary at first, I had to bargain to get more salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle