Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First round interviews are basic personality/behavioral questions on resume topics and your interest in the company. The second round is more focused on your qualifications and nailing down why you would be a good candidate for Sales. You are forced to sell your self and have evidence or examples of why sales is right for you.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job and a couples week later the recruiter called to set up an interview, from there I spoke with the hiring manger and then the rest of the team. The process seemed a little disorganized for such a large company. Once I spoke with the recruiter, it was all in the hiring managers hands. The hiring manager was a really nice person but you could tell they were very busy and didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to the interviews. Once I interviewed with the hiring manger then they wanted me to speak to the team I would be working with. I ended up having to set up all these calls and felt like I was somewhat of a bother to these people but they were super nice once I was able to get them on the phone. All the interviews went really well. Once they were done I had to continue to do the follow-up and finally was told that they went with an internal candidate. I would never have known if I had not followed up with the hiring manger (multiple times). I was obviously bummed I did not get the job but the level of disorganization and how hard I had to work to get the interviews made me a little nervous.

Interview Questions

• What I would do to engage the speakers with social media?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

This was one of the easiest interviews. I was recruited from the Cal Poly, SLO career fair. I handed a recruiter my resume and they emailed me regarding an interest in my resume. From there, I underwent a series of three over-the-phone interviews. One, with a recruiter, and the other two with two different managers. All three interviews were extremely easy, with some of the most generic questions. I answered them honestly and confidently and was hired 2 weeks later.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

An senior engineer of that group asked me some technical questions about web technologies such as AJAX, XML, JSON and some C++ questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions

• A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Typical process. One round with Recruiter, One round with hiring manager and an on-site interview with 4-5 peer of the hiring manager. The process was quick. Scheduling was done quick . Location was easy to get to. The team was quick to respond. Be prepare to just listen and not ask any question. Some questions were totally irrelevant .

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Most of the managers did not seem very motivated. They switched over from consulting and are happy with steady check.   Answer Question

Offer was 10k less than original offer. They like to play dodge ball. I accepted the original offer and they came back and said sorry we didnt realize we could not pay you that much. We have to drop it by 10k. Seems like bait and switch. I declined because I found that process very unethical.

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a call for onsite interview from the HR. Guess it was based on Career fair where I had submitted my resume. The process is good like 7-10 teams on 1-2 locations based on your interest is what you get and cracking at least one of them is sure to happen. One of the easiest interviews one may expect. Its mostly skill matching they look for so while choosing the teams choose ones you like the most and keep asking for more teams in case you don't find the given set interesting - this is important if you are considering this company very seriously !

Had better ones.