Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

2.9

102 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

For software engineers - about 4 interviews: 2 technical, 1 manager, 1 hr. sometimes an interview by a matrix manager or the manager's manager.
    Mostly recruiting via headhunting (linked-in).

Interview Questions
    • No question database - when i interview i ask a combination of questions (some ad hock).   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

I had 2 phone interview. 1st with my Manager about my expertise, skills etc. Second was with a peer and totally Java fundamentals. The onsite interview was 3-4 hours. Totally techinal and involved coding and real time software problem solving.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I was an employee referral. Interview process consisted of resume review, 2 phone interviews, and one technical presentation given to hiring manager, department director, and three remote team members.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Director of Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Very laid-back. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I got invited to a meeting with the hiring manager. We "clicked" quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. It didn't really feel like an interview, more of a discussion.   Answer Question
    The only thing that one can negotiate is the starting salary. There is nothing else on the offer. So my advise is: negotiate it well, you don't know when you will have a raise.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

An senior engineer of that group asked me some technical questions about web technologies such as AJAX, XML, JSON and some C++ questions.

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question
    Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations