Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

102 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

I went through the campus recruiting process. I had two interviews, one phone interview and one in-person interview at my school's career center. Both were very straightforward and all behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I was asked behavioral questions based on my resume that I had submitted to them. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me right away if I'd be available for an in-person interview in the next two days. At that interview, they asked some follow-up questions to the answers I had given in the phone interview. I was given an offer on the spot.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

On-site interview with 8 teams spread across 2 days. Interviews are greatly team dependent. Oracle does awesome work. So if you get into a good tea, it is a not to miss opportunity.

Not much

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Got a call for onsite interview from the HR. Guess it was based on Career fair where I had submitted my resume. The process is good like 7-10 teams on 1-2 locations based on your interest is what you get and cracking at least one of them is sure to happen. One of the easiest interviews one may expect. Its mostly skill matching they look for so while choosing the teams choose ones you like the most and keep asking for more teams in case you don't find the given set interesting - this is important if you are considering this company very seriously !

Had better ones.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

I had 3 interviews - 2 with other sales reps and one with my boss-to-be. overall, I thought the experience was pretty good, and I am looking forward to working there. There is definitely a bias toward action, and I got an upbeat feel about the place. Work hard, work hard and play hard.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any one question. They wanted me to go through a role-play with them on a sales call, so I did. it didn't seem too bad; I think they liked it because it had Oracle products in it. Also, I didn't bash the competition when in my answer, which they seemed to like.   Answer Question
    Not much. Came back on everything - car, signing bonus, stock, etc. but they pretty much said this is it and I took it.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

For QA, it was mostly managerial and less technical. I had to speak with my Manager, Sr. Manager, Director and VP. There were very less technical questions from them. It was mostly a test of attitude. I had one technical round and it was quite easy. I was just asked to write a String concatenation program and different algorithms in doing it.

HR was very harsh while negotiating. He straight away declined my request. But Manager was kind enough to talk with upper management and we somehow came up to a pay where both agreed

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview.
    A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Hiring Process is Slow, Interview Process can be challenging, More Behavioral Questions, Followed by OS and Coding questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

There was a phone screen followed by three rounds of personal interviews. Expect a lengthy process, it took about one month before I got offer in my hand.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to write code on the board, they give you few puzzles to slove.   Answer Question
    They offer low salary at first, I had to bargain to get more salary.

Solution Consultant/Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin there were two position up for offer but no job description qualification or skills etc. i emailed recruiter I will be interested in Sales and not in any technical role. Never got a chance to talk to recruiter, that was red flag already. She scheduled an interview with Hiring manager, had a good discussion with Hiring Manager, mostly on roles and responsibilities and my interest. There were multiple interviews scheduled following my call with HM. 2 Phones and 4 in person in 4 different days. Interview with Director (4th in person) was final from my side. seems like he was not prepared, He asked about my knowledge with Oracle products and emphasis importance of Oracle product knowledge for the role. He is with oracle for 18 yrs and when I asked, yet he did not know whats adoption rate for Oracle's Exadata or NOSQL products, quite ironic. I thought interview with director would be final one and they will make decision yes/no , but he wanted me to talk to a Solution architect as well. I thought they should have had me talk to Soln architect prior to meeting with Director rather than later. Besides it seemed the Sales director did not plan well for the interview. I made my mind to declined to pursue further due to mismtach of skills. I had good conversation with rest of oracle's team, upbeat and enthusiastic, I was interested until I met the director.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2009.

Rather straight forward. Since it is a technical sales position, technical knowledge is an expectation. An opportunity to do a presentation was provided. Managers generally are looking for someone who can articulate complex technology concepts and features into simple benefits and opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was, What books are you currently reading?   Answer Question