Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Through college recruiting program. HR contact me after I sent my resume via email.
    No phone interview, just a full day, five-team in a roll on-site interview. Then got the offer

Interview Questions
    • First, the interviewer taught me how to write BASIC. Then I was asked to write a program using BASIC. The program is not a very tricky one.   Answer Question

Oracle Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Process took 2-3 weeks. Applied in March/April 2013. Applied online, and heard back from a recruiter within a week. She was very friendly throughout. She scheduled interviews with three different teams on different days. After the last one, heard back about an offer within a day. The entire process proceeded smoothly, and my recruiter replied promptly. The earlier you apply, the higher chance that they will be able to find teams that match your interests.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the types of algorithms you've worked with. This was followed up by specific questions about a particular algorithm I mentioned.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

I went through the campus recruiting process. I had two interviews, one phone interview and one in-person interview at my school's career center. Both were very straightforward and all behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I was asked behavioral questions based on my resume that I had submitted to them. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me right away if I'd be available for an in-person interview in the next two days. At that interview, they asked some follow-up questions to the answers I had given in the phone interview. I was given an offer on the spot.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Initial phone screening. then 6 rounds of interview at onsite. after 3 weeks got a call from senior director regarding the offer negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 boxes of balls (each ball weighing exactly10 gm) with one box with defective balls (each one of the defective balls weigh 9 gm). You are given an electronic weighing machine and only one chance at it. How will find out which box has the defective balls?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Applied online through Linkedin
    phone interview with recruiter
    phone interview with manager
    presentation with group including managers and other sales consultants

Interview Questions
    • Present some type of technology to us for 30 minutes over webex   Answer Question

HCM Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and waited about a month until the Open House. (In the future, I would try to not to wait this long to interview) So, the recruiter was a little vague on the Open House but it was essentially a meet and greet of the hiring managers, new sales reps and other candidates. (Don't worry if you do not have a IT of software background, 75% of the people did not)

Expect that there will be a lot of people at the Open House (roughly 100). They encourage you to talk to as many Oracle employees (the managers, new sales reps, they are wearing red lanyards) as possible. You essentially have to sell yourself to make yourself memorable as they are one the deciding factors to you getting hired.

*To clarify - this is an inside sales position. Which includes cold-calling, growing a territory, working with a Field Sales Rep and a multitude of other people to support you. Essentially, you are the quarterback, calling all the plays. Selling cycle is roughly 1.5 months with commission paid out the same time. Oracle will not always let contracts go through (which can be a pain) if they feel the company that wants their product would not be a good partner for them.*

Then, they herd you into the auditorium and you're split into groups of 8 (some tables had less). You're sitting with your competition so make sure you present yourself really well and have good questions about the position, the company and HCM. (Human Capital Management) Some will dominate the conversation in the table so make sure you are heard.

So, this goes on for about 45 minutes with an exchange of information with the Oracle employee. (I had an Oracle Hiring Manager) Then, they automatically set you up with an interview time within the next few days. They are three back to back interviews for 30 minutes. (On a side note, they mentioned if they do not feel a fit with you or vice versa, you will receive an email that same night of the Open House)

The 3 round interview was average in difficulty but all three ask you some of the same behavioral questions to see if you are consistent with your answers and to get a feel of your personality. They debrief for a few minutes while you wait in the room till the next interviewer comes in.

They like go-gotters, competitive, driven, hungry and passionate people. Make sure to always close them, meaning, ask what the next steps are, if there is anything holding them back from hiring you and address those concerns immediately. You won't have a lot of time to ask questions so when you do, make them good.

Then, I got a pretty fast response (within 3 days) to go forward and start the on boarding process which includes a very extensive check of your criminal and employment background. This part can take up to a few weeks to a couple months depending on how easy HireRight can get a hold of previous employers.

Next, there will be an 8 week training course to learn your product and selling techniques considering you pass the aforementioned background check and negotiate your base salary to your liking. (btw, they say the Training program is pass/fail, it's not. They are investing thousands of dollars in you and paying you to go to training, do you think they would want to loose that investment?)

Interview Questions
    Negotiate your base. They say you can't but you can so might as well get as much as you can because it seems like you won't be getting any raises.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

I was referred by another Oracle employee. I had two phone interviews, one with a Senior Director and one with a VP. The Senior Director's questions related to what I had experience with and how large each project was. Very personable and comfortable. The VP asked situational questions and wanted to understand the way I analyze and approach situations. I gave honest, pragmatic answers.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you work at three different companies in the past 5 years?   View Answer
    Initially I was promised a higher salary, then executive management cut it by 10K, claiming 'I could grow into the position'. This past year, there were no (official) raises, so zero "growing into' dollars for me. I decided to accept the job based on being virtual and my immediate management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

phone which takes 1 hour, then called to do an onsite interview, there are 5 or 6, I don't really remember, overall the interview experience is good, questions been asked are all quite easy

no gegotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

First a phone chat lasts about one hour without technique question. Then a five-hour onsite interviewed with four engineerer. The onsite interviews are all about technique questions.

Interview Questions
    • Reading code about multi-thread.
      Writing code about linked list adding.

Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Initially thru executive recruiter, followed by several phnoe interviews and subsequently 1:1 interviews. FInally background check. Long and slow process in my case.