Oracle

Very Easy Interview

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a consultant position at university. Was promptly notified and had an interview within the next three days.

Interview Question – None: asked very basic questions regarding experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening. then 6 rounds of interview at onsite. after 3 weeks got a call from senior director regarding the offer negotiation.

Interview Question – You have 10 boxes of balls (each ball weighing exactly10 gm) with one box with defective balls (each one of the defective balls weigh 9 gm). You are given an electronic weighing machine and only one chance at it. How will find out which box has the defective balls?   View Answer

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through a referral to a specific team. There were 4-5 rounds of interviews (all over telephone and no on-site which was kind of strange).
The process took much longer than expected, but later I found it was because of budget cuts that they didn't hire for that product in that year.

Interview Question – They asked my work related questions, some puzzles, some technical stuff like coding / steps to host a website etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The package offered was good enough and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2009.

Interview Details – Good hiring interview process and training and coaching to new employee.

Interview Question – A lot of detailed questions is asked about your industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I am able to negotiate 5% higher than what they initially offered me.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – First a phone chat lasts about one hour without technique question. Then a five-hour onsite interviewed with four engineerer. The onsite interviews are all about technique questions.

Interview Question – Reading code about multi-thread.
Writing code about linked list adding.
  Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oracle in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by the recruiter and they asked me to fly to the HQ in Redwood Shores. I talked to five different teams. Each interview took about 1.5 hours. The interview style vary from team to team and from person to person. Overall, the experience was great and I enjoyed the day I spent at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with Oracle through college recruiting 4 years ago. If you graduate from their list of target school, it is easy to get an onsite. Before the onsite, the recruiter sent you a list of groups that are interested in interviewing you. You can pick 6-7 to interview with. It a whole day process. Each team you usually talk to their hire manager and one developer. Not much technical questions with the manager. The developer would ask some technical questions.

Interview Question – How to find the shortest path from city A to B.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Initially thru executive recruiter, followed by several phnoe interviews and subsequently 1:1 interviews. FInally background check. Long and slow process in my case.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I interviewed at Oracle in March 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Resume review

View Answer

Oracle Applications Database Administrator Interview

Oracle Applications Database Administrator
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2008.

Interview Details – Numerous phone interviews first, then an in-person grilling. At any time or on the phone or in person, the interviewer will pumel you with technical questions. The answers are meant to be very specific, and if you don't know it, don't fake it or pretend you do or it or you will make it worse. Also often the it is not clear who is interviewing you, for what position or group - try to get names and clarification first.

Interview Question – Various obscure and deep technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to negotiate before they put an offer in writing - when you get the letter it is too late. Also, ask for as much as you can, because you will very likely stay near that salary for a long time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle