Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.9

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview. A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Hiring Process is Slow, Interview Process can be challenging, More Behavioral Questions, Followed by OS and Coding questions

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

On-site interview with 8 teams spread across 2 days. Interviews are greatly team dependent. Oracle does awesome work. So if you get into a good tea, it is a not to miss opportunity.

Negotiation

Not much

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through a college recruiter on campus. Had a phone screen with recruiter and then two phone interviews with the hiring manager. Relatively simple interview process. They ask behavioral questions as well as give you a run down on the company and product line you would be supporting.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Wasn't too excited about the project.

Solution Consultant/Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin there were two position up for offer but no job description qualification or skills etc. i emailed recruiter I will be interested in Sales and not in any technical role. Never got a chance to talk to recruiter, that was red flag already. She scheduled an interview with Hiring manager, had a good discussion with Hiring Manager, mostly on roles and responsibilities and my interest. There were multiple interviews scheduled following my call with HM. 2 Phones and 4 in person in 4 different days. Interview with Director (4th in person) was final from my side. seems like he was not prepared, He asked about my knowledge with Oracle products and emphasis importance of Oracle product knowledge for the role. He is with oracle for 18 yrs and when I asked, yet he did not know whats adoption rate for Oracle's Exadata or NOSQL products, quite ironic. I thought interview with director would be final one and they will make decision yes/no , but he wanted me to talk to a Solution architect as well. I thought they should have had me talk to Soln architect prior to meeting with Director rather than later. Besides it seemed the Sales director did not plan well for the interview. I made my mind to declined to pursue further due to mismtach of skills. I had good conversation with rest of oracle's team, upbeat and enthusiastic, I was interested until I met the director.

Principal User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process took forever. Went back in for multiple interviews. I was given a design exercise, and had to present that to a panel, so they could evaluate thinking and visual aesthetic/skills. After going through the process and getting selected it took months to receive the offer. Apparently not unusual, but in this case it seems to have been unusually long.

Interview Questions

• Cant really say that I had anything to difficult or unexpected from a personal perspective. I tend to be pretty open and transparent, avoid saying what I think they want to hear. That makes it easier for me to answer questions, and it allows one to show up more authentically.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews - 2 with other sales reps and one with my boss-to-be. overall, I thought the experience was pretty good, and I am looking forward to working there. There is definitely a bias toward action, and I got an upbeat feel about the place. Work hard, work hard and play hard.

Interview Questions

• Not really any one question. They wanted me to go through a role-play with them on a sales call, so I did. it didn't seem too bad; I think they liked it because it had Oracle products in it. Also, I didn't bash the competition when in my answer, which they seemed to like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much. Came back on everything - car, signing bonus, stock, etc. but they pretty much said this is it and I took it.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial Phone interview -> Hiring Manager phone interview -> in person #1 -> in person #2 -> Offer letter (usually, depends on hiring manager / job opportunity) Traditional interview process for a large company. Things can take time but make sure to touch base with your recruiter / hiring manager as things progress if the next steps are unclear.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at Oracle? What do you know about Oracle?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have in sales and IT?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good sales professional?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Got a call that my resume was short listed. Was callked for the interview. One day process. Total of Three rounds. Each round was with team member, manager and then director of the team respectively. Got a call after 6 months saying I got shortlisted for the job and if i wanted to accept the same.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about course work you did in college or project report without even looking at the question   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation