Oracle

2.8

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all java related:
      1) static in java
      6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
      7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
      8) rest web service problem
      9) tic tac toe problem
      thats most of them i remember.

Answer Question

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
    Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Questions

I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Questions
    • Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   View Answer
    not too much space to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.

Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

For new graduate employment, one phone interview+one on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • phone interview, since graduate employment without much experience, some problems appeared in the advanced process technology seems no way to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Online application, got three phone interviews within two weeks. The calls are from different groups of their harware design team. The questions are not hard, mostly related to your projects. I remember there are logic design, layout, data structure and so on. No tricky questions overall, just some basic stuff.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Phone interview was technical. Coding questions on binary trees, find the error in some code. Also on mutex, locks, memory management.
    Onsite interview was also some coding on bitmaps, binary trees, mutexes.
    Not too difficult. People were nice.

Interview Questions

Salary was lower than market.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

I visited the offices twice to meet with the team and the senior leadership. The whole process took about 3 days. Phone interview followed by a long distance call with someone in India plus 1.5 days of in-person interviews.

It is disappointing at several levels to be

1. Interviewed by somebody in India who has little idea about contemporary processes and systems. This man ridiculed my current position without understanding the role or its responsibilities. A very nasty experience. As an interviewee, we are supposed to grin and take the hits ? At one point, he grumbled why they even had this position open and then twisted his unhappiness into yet another sub-standard question. Here is a classic "Why do companies make products?". Jealous much?

2. Ignored after the interview process and not even get a rejection letter. Oracle was too busy for that. Respect much?

3. Interviewed by the hiring manager who didn't show sufficient and necessary technical strength. His in-person interview was interrupted by phone calls. And this crucial interview lasted less than 30 minutes and he had to cut and run. The whole thing seemed unplanned and not really a priority. Interview much?

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any. Simple questions. Asked by uninterested and uninteresting folks.   Answer Question

Hardware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

The interview process is long and slow overall. Went through about 5 phone interviews in a span of about 4 weeks. First phone screening was with HR, then hiring manager, then a bunch of other senior engineers and finally an on-site interview with 4 different engineers (some of which I've spoken to on the phone before). Still a couple of weeks to wait for the approval from upper management after the unofficial acceptance from the hiring manager. A background check was also performed.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions overall, most stuff can be found online. Very typical entry level engineering questions such as solving a circuit using KVL/KCL, simple MOSFET applications, simple flipflop applications, draw a simple state machine, and demonstrate basic understanding of circuit boards.   Answer Question