Oracle Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight-forward. They started with going over the projects and experiences and parts they were interested in. They asked about previous experiences and to elaborate on projects. Then moved onto talking about the company itself and why I chose this position and what other positions I might be looking for. They also asked about the salary I'd be looking for. Ended with any questions I wanted to ask.

Hardware Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

contacted by recruiter. set up multiple phone screens and you interview on site with those who are interested. While the phone interview questions are relevant to the position the onsite questions were meaningless. There were 0 technical questions, only puzzles. The whole process is extremely biased and the is definitely hiring favoritism as qualified candidates have not been hired while unqualified are hired (given they share a "similar" trait as the hiring manager).

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was hurried and it appeared that the manager (hiring) was hurried and under some pressure from other needs. A follow-up was suggested and I accepted. However, the follow-up never materialized, though I attempted multiple follow-up communications. This is the second such opportunity I have had to interview with Oracle and though different the situation seemed to be the same, the hiring manager in the first opportunity came right out and said that this was not a problem he created, but was his to fix. I don't know if this is due to arrogance or stress existence in the organization but something is wrong.

Interview Questions

• Given a goal to displace an entrenched competitor, how would you position your solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Some of the interviewers were chatting with somebody using their cell phones. They didn't respect people! I decided not to answer any questions when I found that. I don't want to work with these people!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

Negotiation

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Received the job through my schools career fair. Went through a process of two phone call interviews and one in person interview. First interview = questions based off your resume Second interview = what you know about Oracle Third interview = See your personality (in person) and assess whether or not you're the right fit for Oracle (few questions with scenarios were also given).

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all java related: 1) static in java 2) multithreading - lock related api and methods 3) multiple inheritance, access modifiers 4) states of threads 5) communication () of threads 6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap 7) sql queries on outer join and inner join 8) rest web service problem 9) tic tac toe problem thats most of them i remember.   Answer Question

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Questions

I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Hardware Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

2 phone plus 5 on-site all day interview. All day technical interview with a varied field of interest to test the knowledge on various aspects of hardware logic, system and circuit design.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Technical screening was pretty intense (online via InterviewZen). Lasted 45 minutes comprising hands-on programming, and an additional offline assignment that was to be submitted within 48 hours. In-person interviews lasted 5 hours with 5 people. Team was very friendly and cordial through the entire process. Offline assignment involved writing a Java implementation for a small IMAP RFC (including comments describing what data structures were being used and why). In person interviews were much easier, very general questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Was given detailed requirements to write 4 java programs on InterviewZen. An additional assignment was given to be finished offline and sent back within 48 hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate; would strongly advise otherwise. Please negotiate before joining. Little chance of getting a raise for a few years after joining.