Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

two phone interviews. No coding questions. All ask me about my research projects. Ask one by one into details.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2008.

I was referred in by an employee who spoke highly of Oracle and thought I would fit in. While every large company has its issues with beaurocracy and politics, the people I met seemed to cut to the chase and, as long as you're in HQ, you can get involved in strategy and larger decisions. People worked hard and were in the office late.

The interviews focused on what I had done and was interested in doing and determining whether it would be a good fit. I felt like they were very interested in cultural fit which was a positive but the all the questions were very simple and didn't really focus on my capabilities and problem-solving capability.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a project succeeded and one that failed and how you contirbuted to each.   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

One phone interview, then an afternoon of 1:1 interviews on site. After that, another day of 4 1:1 interviews, and finally a phone negotiation with HR.

First technical interviews were very standard and focused on my background and included a group interview and impromptu presentation. Questions focused on Java programming and some general algorithm analysis, as well as one or two 'brain teaser'/problem solving questions. Second set were more geared towards fit and focused on goals, interests, and chances for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Two people are each stuck on their own island, connected by a ferryman with a lockable box. Each person has their own lock and key, but can't send the key along with the box. One person wants to send the other a diamond, but it must be placed into the box and locked or it will be stolen by the ferryman. How do you send the diamond without the ferryman stealing it?   View Answers (5)
    I didn't need to negotiate much as I wasn't looking for a salary bump. I was more interested in the change of responsibility. It helps to hone in on your desired salary and position up front, because there's not much else that can be negotiated. You will want to agree to everything because once it hits Larry Ellison's office and gets his approval there's not much else that can be changed.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

The group I interviewed with was very friendly and made it easy to feel comfortable with. The interviews were more of a chance for both parties to get to know each other a bit, rather than a drilling of questions about my resume. There was a phone interview with the director, a panel interview with the team, a 1:1 interview with a more senior level group member and then lastly a 1:1 interview with the director.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of how a Hard Disk Drive and Server System work?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Questions
    • Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   View Answer
    not too much space to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2011.

Strange experience:
    1. Applied a researcher position through my university career center.
    2. One recruiter emailed me that I was approved by VP as a qualified candidate (I had no idea what it meant) and distributed my resume to hiring managers who are interested.
    3. One hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview regarding a hardware engineer position.
    4. Phone interview was short and easy. Then I was invited for an onsite interview.
    5. In the meanwhile, the recruiter initiated a background check for me (I had no idea why he initiated one so early).
    6. On-site interview was easy. Several one-on-one interviews with hiring manager, and other engineers in his team. They also gave me a lab and campus tour.
    7. After around a month, I was invited for a second on-site interview with higher management and other senior engineers.
    8. The hiring manager promised me to make a decision after one week. But after one month, he still didn't have an answer for me.
    8. The process took a long time. During the wait, I followed up with the hiring manager several times and he kept expressing his interests in me, but just can't give me an offer due to some internal issues that I don't really understand. I was left hanging in the wind for a long time and they still haven't made the decision yet. I don't wanna wait anymore and would treat it as a rejection and move on.
    9. I still don't receive the refund of my travel expense as of yet.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between brittle and elastic materials?   Answer Question
    • Write down heat transfer equations in different forms.   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Went to a Oracle Job Fair and they asked to come for Onsite.
    Computer Architecture, Logic Design. Lot of Cache related question SMC CMC , Parallel Comp arch
    directory based protocol , consistency coherency etc

Interview Questions
    • Parallel Computer architecture, -Gave the MP structure and then asked How would you maintain coherency   View Answer
    • Cache related puzzle ...create a memory access trace which leads to certain percentage miss on particular cache dimension.   Answer Question

Had better offer from other companies and didn't want to work on SPARC architecture

Lead generation rep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2007.

I initially applied online and interviewed with 3 different managers in person. I then interviewed with the Director over the phone and they hired me in a junior sales rep role that consisted of generating leads over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the products and what what is your IT knowledge. Can you do an eg. cold call on the spot.   Answer Question
    Yes, you have to negotiate with Oracle. The maximum base they are allowed to offer in the US is 65k, which is what everyone should ask for. If they want you, this is not hard to obtain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

Hiring was off campus career fair at Stanford. In interview I had to answer coding style questions, RTL verification questions, circuit timing questions, etc.

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
    Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Questions

I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!