Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was technical. Coding questions on binary trees, find the error in some code. Also on mutex, locks, memory management.
Onsite interview was also some coding on bitmaps, binary trees, mutexes.
Not too difficult. People were nice.

Interview Question – A puzzle   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was lower than market.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews and 1 face 2 face interviews. Lots of questions from actual day to day experience on the previous jobs, and same importance on the current job. It took 3 months from the start of interview to geting offer letter, and requires good amount of patience to complete whole process of hiring.

Interview Question – Nothing special in their interview questions.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – two phone interviews. No coding questions. All ask me about my research projects. Ask one by one into details.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Verification Interview

Verification
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2012.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview, and after a week set an onsite interview with four technical staffs.

Interview Question – Computer architecture, cache related question.   Answer Question

VLSI ENGINEER Interview

VLSI ENGINEER
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Applied through our career fair.
Phone interview questions: Setup time and hold time. Setup time and hold time violation. CMOS inverter's five working area. Some digital logic things.

Interview Question – Setup time and hold time violation.   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details – The group I interviewed with was very friendly and made it easy to feel comfortable with. The interviews were more of a chance for both parties to get to know each other a bit, rather than a drilling of questions about my resume. There was a phone interview with the director, a panel interview with the team, a 1:1 interview with a more senior level group member and then lastly a 1:1 interview with the director.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of how a Hard Disk Drive and Server System work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview, then an afternoon of 1:1 interviews on site. After that, another day of 4 1:1 interviews, and finally a phone negotiation with HR.

First technical interviews were very standard and focused on my background and included a group interview and impromptu presentation. Questions focused on Java programming and some general algorithm analysis, as well as one or two 'brain teaser'/problem solving questions. Second set were more geared towards fit and focused on goals, interests, and chances for me to ask questions.

Interview Question – Two people are each stuck on their own island, connected by a ferryman with a lockable box. Each person has their own lock and key, but can't send the key along with the box. One person wants to send the other a diamond, but it must be placed into the box and locked or it will be stolen by the ferryman. How do you send the diamond without the ferryman stealing it?   View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate much as I wasn't looking for a salary bump. I was more interested in the change of responsibility. It helps to hone in on your desired salary and position up front, because there's not much else that can be negotiated. You will want to agree to everything because once it hits Larry Ellison's office and gets his approval there's not much else that can be changed.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Interview Details – Went to a Oracle Job Fair and they asked to come for Onsite.
Computer Architecture, Logic Design. Lot of Cache related question SMC CMC , Parallel Comp arch
directory based protocol , consistency coherency etc

Interview Questions

• Parallel Computer architecture, -Gave the MP structure and then asked How would you maintain coherency   View Answer
  • Cache related puzzle ...create a memory access trace which leads to certain percentage miss on particular cache dimension.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better offer from other companies and didn't want to work on SPARC architecture

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2011.

Interview Details – Strange experience:
1. Applied a researcher position through my university career center.
2. One recruiter emailed me that I was approved by VP as a qualified candidate (I had no idea what it meant) and distributed my resume to hiring managers who are interested.
3. One hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview regarding a hardware engineer position.
4. Phone interview was short and easy. Then I was invited for an onsite interview.
5. In the meanwhile, the recruiter initiated a background check for me (I had no idea why he initiated one so early).
6. On-site interview was easy. Several one-on-one interviews with hiring manager, and other engineers in his team. They also gave me a lab and campus tour.
7. After around a month, I was invited for a second on-site interview with higher management and other senior engineers.
8. The hiring manager promised me to make a decision after one week. But after one month, he still didn't have an answer for me.
8. The process took a long time. During the wait, I followed up with the hiring manager several times and he kept expressing his interests in me, but just can't give me an offer due to some internal issues that I don't really understand. I was left hanging in the wind for a long time and they still haven't made the decision yet. I don't wanna wait anymore and would treat it as a rejection and move on.
9. I still don't receive the refund of my travel expense as of yet.

Interview Questions

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details – At first the manager introduced his team for me, after that I gave a talk about 30 mins, and finally, one engineer asked some questions for 30 minutes over two hours. The questions cover various aspects including my research, industrial experiences, and CAD/coding skills.

Interview Question – Basic architecture questions such as out of order, branch prediction, and cache design   Answer Question