Oracle Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.6

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I had two phone interview, and one on site. Both are easy. got the offer 10 days later. Accepted the offer and went from there. I was scared at first, but it was one of the best decisions I made. The company has also Oracle university to take training classes.

Interview Questions

• nothing really hard, just know your resume and be able to support whats on it talk about your past projects and how did you do them. Talk about leadership, and what is your role on the project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions

• My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process went quickly, from initial email contact to phone interview in less than 3 days. 7 days later there was a Skype interview that went very well. It was very well thought out on the interviewers side and was a positive experience over all. The fact that the req was put on hold through Q4 just knocked the wind out of my sails.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work in such a high stress position?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Very long process. Took almost 3 months.

Interview Questions

• simple questions on your background and experience mostly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted directly by a recruiter within Oracle's organization. From start to finish the hire/offer process took approximately one and a half months and encompassed 4 interviews. Each interview was conducted by a higher ranking individual and ended with the hiring manager. The offer was extended but finalization of the process took another month. The application process is online and fairly easy to get through while the background check was extesive.

Interview Questions

• What was the "easiest" JD Edwards implementation you have ever participated in, and why was it easy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary as the offer was on par with what I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview asking general questions about work background. Then some questions on activities outside my work environment. Technical questions on how well I new some of the basics of the job being applied for. The interviewer was very pleasant and relaxed. He made me comfortable during the process.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in August 2009.

Interview

Requires strong technical skills, speciality in Oracle products

Interview Questions

• Complex System intgeration questions, ERP module speciality and Integration questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

I met with the local hiring manager at the airport along with another employee which was unusual. The process went relatively quickly as I was referred by a current employee. I had expected to go to an initial training course for the module I was hired for but went straight to work onsite, hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• One manager wanted to know every single version and release of every software application and module I had experience with. I found that very unusual and difficult to go back and get all of it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I provided the current salary I was making and giving 10% more, plus the opportunity to earn overtime which I was pleased with.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Overall Good experience 1. An online test comprising of general aptitude, computer science basics, coding, structures, english. It was a complete mcq test with sufficient time alloted in each section. 2. A proportional number of students were selected for the next round. The interview was interactive with a company official asking basic questions about you and your CV. 3. The HR interview was a bit rigorous trying to see if you could cope pressure and how would you work in a crisis or how would you make your decisions.

Interview Questions

• How is the Indian currency determined as compared to other countries and why does its vary?   Answer Question
    • How would you make decisions in a crisis period ?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

2 technical round and one HR round. 1 telephonic round(about an hour on weblogic) and one more face to face round at PTP office. Now a days they were not giving much salary so Hikes are like service base company not a product base company. I myself clear 3 times interview(in a year) but HR will never come back as salary is a issue here. So first ask clearly about salary and then attend those interview.

Interview Questions

• Weblogic performance tuning related question , Grid link DS implementation and JVM tuning questions , Some scenerio based issues. Interview was very good and i enjoyed by giving almost 85 % answers.   Answer Question