Oracle

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

The recruiter reached out to me and did a phone screen with me, which I thought went very well. The recruiter told me at the end of the call that I would definitely hear from the hiring manager by the end of the week for another phone interview. After never hearing back from the hiring manager, I reached out to the recruiter again, and she said that because Oracle's big annual conference was going on, there was a delay in getting back to me. She told me that I would definitely hear about the next round of interviews as soon as the conference was over. I never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager, and it's been almost two months. It's fine if the hiring manager decided to not proceed to the next stage of the interview process, but it would have been nice to have gotten that confirmation from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were all pretty standard (i.e., What relevant background do you bring to the position? Why are you looking to switch positions?). It didn't get difficult since it was just the initial screen by the recruiter.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Senior Manager Interview

Initial screening, HR round includes salary discussion, technical round or functional round to test the grip on technical or functional stuff, The focus will be mainly on the key word provided in CV. Will be called for final round if cleared the first round technical or functional round. Offer follows if selected.