Oracle

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

It really depends on the organization and the hiring manager. My hiring process was pretty perfunctory but I don't believe this is standard. The manager hired off my resume, basically, then met me in person to see if I could speak and breathe. I also interviewed with a couple of her directs and that was much more comprehensive and determined a good culture fit. Additionally I met with the VP of the organization who did a realistic, quick interview and assessed me as a good addition to the group. As it turned out the original hiring manager was a bad egg and I failed to identify this in the interview. It took time but Oracle actually was able to remove this person due to her poor management skills.

Interview Questions
  • How have you handled X situation (pretty standard kind of question)   View Answer
What I learned is that when you transfer jobs at Oracle they don't increase your salary or title. So there was no negotiation. Unfortunate.