Oracle Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.5

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Pretty straightforward. One phone interview followed by 6 onsite.

Onsite interviews were - 3 coding, 2 technical but not coding - one managerial. Lunch interview with manager in which he asked design questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Great process
    Tel
    Domain exp, what can be extracted from your past work.
    Face to face
    paper presentation
    coding
    discussions
    HR
    negotiation
    Basics of comp. science, Multiple choice qs, 1 coding question, paper presentation
    4 interviews
    4 people in total interviewed
    HR separate
    Salary was bad please negotiate
    Oracle Oracle Oracle Oracle Oracle Oracle Oracle Oracle Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

I was contacted by HR of Oracle directly. Had 5 rounds of interview. 1st was telephonic, 2nd F2F with manager, 3rd written, 4th another F2F interview and last was a final call with the director. Position was for testing so even the questions were related to that. About my previous experience and questions related to testing, java,selenium and Linux.

Interview Questions
    It was impossible to negotiate with the team. The HR did not budge even a bit on what they were offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Consists of multiple technical interviews with no HR round. The technical interview was good. I had 3 rounds of technical interview wherein most of the questions were of technical nature, surprisingly Oracle does not have a HR interview as per their interview process.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

3 telephonic interviews, 1 written test, 2 face to face

Interview Questions
    • You should have good basics and approach to problem. That's what they check.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

You get a call usually from HR. The hiring manager may call you directly especially in case of referrals. So be respectful during the first contact.

Interview Questions
    • Your registered users are increasing exponentially. How will you handle it. This was a question on scalability ten years back when clouds were only associated with rains   View Answer
    Not much. Infact I took a tiny pay cut since I was trying to get into product development

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Hiring process is initiated directly by Hiring Manager, there are at most 4-5 rounds of interview. Problem solving and analytic skills are tested at length.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

Initially was a phone screening round . I only had 3 years or experience so was asked to take a couple of written tests which included 'C' and other IQ and quantitative tests. Maybe depends on the group for which you are interviewing . I was interviewing for Server Technologies .

Next was a small panel with a couple of senior folks who grilled me on different areas in 'C' and Unix Systems and Network Programming .

Next was a 1:1 with a PMTS/CMTS kind of person . He gets deep inside Unix internals and 'C' programming and Makefiles and debugging and lot of other things.

The last guy gave the go ahead and I talked to the HR person .

Interview Questions
    • Can't think or remember anything .. Maybe the technical questions and it was really challenging with my limited knowledge at that time.   Answer Question
    I wasn't in a position to negotiate much , since I was on a lower salary . Had asked for a 30% hike and was told that I was asking for too much .

When I got the offer , it was almost a 100% hike of my current salary. So was pretty satisfied .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

1. Telephonic Round -- 1 round
    2. Face -to- Face -- 4 rounds
    3. Another Face-to-Face -- 1 round

Job role was Application maintenance, mainly defects fixing

Interview Questions
    • 1. Design a textpad, define the classes and interaction
      2. How CVS will maintain versions internally ?
      3. How do you choose potatoes in the market?
        View Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Two face to face. One telephonic and teleconferencing round and another face to face. Except for the telephonic round, all happened in person in oracle campus. First two rounds are easy and third interview is a telephonic round where the person in US has called me up. This interview is slightly difficult than first two. All three interviews posed basic java questions, junit, & selenium questions. teleconference round is also in oracle campus. This is a HR round where I was asked why I'm changing, most of the time is spent on that. Last round is also a HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to change the current organization?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation, I said my expectation. I got more than what I asked for.