Oracle

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2009.

Interview Details – Via headhunter. Job interview with the hiring manager. Details about work experience, examples of problems addressed in the past.

Interview Question – Described a business problem they were currently experiencing and asked how I would address it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. Offer take it or leave it.

Burlington, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview- I needed a job and the team I was interviewing had a spot, so I was hired fast.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no

Senior Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2008.

Interview Details – Process was fairly short in my case but I wouldn't call it typical. Had preliminary phone discussions with hiring manager (I had a good recommendation from an ex co-worker). Then was invited to give a whiteboard presentation on a topic of my choice to an audience of ~10 product managers and developers. Handled questions.

Interview Question – Had to pick a topic that I was comfortable with- it had to be interesting to the audience, somewhat familiar yet not too much so as to leave room for questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was interested in the job more than the package.

Senior Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was slow but organized. Many phone interviews which made sense because the position was a tele-work position. A good mixture of technical and soft-skills type of questions. The hiring manager however insisted on a face-to-face interview which seemed reasonable but contributed to a much longer time frame to actually receive a job offer. The delays coupled with Oracle's internal processes made the entire process last 5 months but it was worth it.

Interview Question – How would you navigate a wide range of resources to help solve customer/partner questions?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Interview Details – Relevant questions to role. Skills matching and interview with potential teammates.
In person and over the phone.

Be prepared to interview with folks you think have no bearing on your role, but remember them because you need a strong network to survive at this company.

Hiring process can take a long time, up to 5 months. So you need to be sure you really want the role and stay committed.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room once offer was decided.

Senior Product Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was informal and included 1 on 1 interviews with the five key persons in the area where the position was located. Before the five personal interviews, there was a phone interview that was short but inquisitive while not being unpleasant.

Interview Question – How would you land a plane if you had only a 300 square meters runway?   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!