Oracle

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by another Oracle employee. I had two phone interviews, one with a Senior Director and one with a VP. The Senior Director's questions related to what I had experience with and how large each project was. Very personable and comfortable. The VP asked situational questions and wanted to understand the way I analyze and approach situations. I gave honest, pragmatic answers.

Interview Question – Why did you work at three different companies in the past 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initially I was promised a higher salary, then executive management cut it by 10K, claiming 'I could grow into the position'. This past year, there were no (official) raises, so zero "growing into' dollars for me. I decided to accept the job based on being virtual and my immediate management.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had a number of four interviews, with my direct hiring manger, his boss and two peers. Qualifications matter a lot to qualify for the interview selection. However, during the interview the most important is the attitude and openess to change and adaptability. Another important factor is bounceability and always keep improving and adding value to the team.

Interview Question – Are you ready to travel 100% of the time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward, no back and forth

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – very detail oriented questions. interviewed with executive management as well as with the team members. It took a while before they contacted me with the feedback. very particular hr process as well.

Interview Question – what is your weakness?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – salary too low for the position

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very long and unclear.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. People that interview you are not prepared to do it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I already worked with them.

Senior Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Initial phone interview
2. Interview with both the consulting and practice managers
3. Peer interviews

Interview Question – I was ask to define change management.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary plus a bonus option.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Senior Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.