Oracle

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral. Interview process consisted of resume review, 2 phone interviews, and one technical presentation given to hiring manager, department director, and three remote team members.

Interview Question – Why were you laid off?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with recruiter, filled out a questionnaire, interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone, interviewed with 3 different people on the phone, traveled to Chicago for an interview where I had 3 1-on-1 interviews and gave a presentation.

Senior Sales Consultant

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2009.

Interview Details – Oracle executive recruiter called me and qualified. I sent me resume specific to the job. I the talked to hiring manager on phone. The next step was to talk to a peer in the role on phone. Next step is an in-person interview. Its been more than a month. They schedule in-person 2-3 weeks out. I have been told they are still very interested. Interestingly this position is not on the main job boards. I had talked to this recruiter in the past.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring was done thru referral . The interview process is conducted in various stages, I had 3 rounds, some had 4 to 5 rounds, I had one technical and 2 managerial interviews. After that the offer letter was rolled out. It might take a while for the offer letter to be sent as it has to be approved from very high up in the US.

Interview Question – Interview was pretty cool, unexpected turn was when I was told to prepare a presentation and present it after the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiate well for the salary as, once in hikes are totally dependent on the company wide policy

Senior Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Not very structured in terms of process. Takes a lot of time in getting the right level of interviews arranged but the interviews in general are quite detailed. Depending on your job scope, it is Phone calls most of the time with a few 1:1 meetings with the in country folks.

Interview Question – Sales or Approach related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quite hard

Milan (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Cv submitted on the corporate site, 1st phone interview, 2nd and 3rd one to one interview with future manager and future colleague, 4th meeting with HR for contract proposal

Interview Question – Nothing in particular, general talks about past applications project experience   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process has been changed alot from past 6 years. When I got interviewed, I went thru 8 rounds(all technical). followed by a VP round.

Now the process has been changed entirely. They just take 2 technical rounds and 1 managerial and the last would be VP round. Quality of interviewing has been reduced in 6 years(perhaps because of lack of skillful resources in market).

Interview Question – Why should we hire you??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because i was more lenient on Hyderabad location. But my advise for others is negotiate as much as you can. Because this is your first and last chance for compensation negotiation. Later for years, you will be in the same compensation. Hardly you get pea nuts.

Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details – Multi-tier interview: Manager > Senior Sales Consultant (technical interview) > Senior Management > Principal Manger.

After all successful interviewes, the internal approval process was long and tedious, with heaps of cv validation checkpoints.

Interview Question – 4 pages long answer of technical solutions questions   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant
Salvador, Minas Gerais (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2011.

Interview Details – very organized and extensive research prior to actual one to one interview. background checks before. two phone interviews prior to meeting, one phone interview with recruiter and another with future director. thourough scrutiny of abilities and experience. due dilligence to meet job description expectations.

Interview Question – how would you deal with a situation where a difficult scenario caused by the customer must be overcome?   Answer Question

Doha (Qatar)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details – Its an internal transfer, As I am already working for the same company but in Egypt branch.

Interview Question – What is your future plan for 5 years ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!