Oracle

3.3

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Applied online and got a call two weeks later. Basically going through my work experience and was told I will be contacted shortly. A week later HR arranged for in person interview that lasted 3 hours. Mostly technical questions. Abstract vs interface etc.

Got what I wanted

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle in May 2010.

I am a citizen working in Asia currently. I got two rounds of phone interviews with the company. There are about 3-4 people interviewers on the phone each time. Generally start with an introduction and go right into technical question ranging from basic Java, to algorithm, to IQ question and design questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given two sorted integer arrays, how do you combine them into one sorted array?   View Answer
    • Which data structure is one of the most common source of Java memory leaks?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

There was a phone screen followed by three rounds of personal interviews. Expect a lengthy process, it took about one month before I got offer in my hand.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to write code on the board, they give you few puzzles to slove.   Answer Question
    They offer low salary at first, I had to bargain to get more salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Oracle in June 2009.

I was contacted by a manager after having submitted my resume for a specific position. I spoke with him about the position and about his team. A few days later I went in for an interview. The team members seemed to be very sharp and all seemed to get along very well. I was asked specific questions in a number of one-on-one interviews about PL/SQL syntax, using PL/SQL collections, using JDBC in a Java program to iterate through a result set, various considerations when tuning a SQL database, how indexes affect execution plans of SQL, why indexing is important and how B+-tree indexes work.

Interview Questions

I thought the set of responsibilities assigned to this position was a bit more limited than I was looking for. Also, many of the technologies that were being employed were Oracle-specific and did not really excite me. Some examples are Oracle ADF and BC4J.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

I was already an Oracle employee in Brazil and applied for jobs in different product development teams at Oracle HQ through internal iRecruitment (which is also available externally at http://irecruitment.oracle.com). Got contacted for some of those applications but my case required L1 visa sponsorship so not every 1st contact was fruitful. But for this particular one, there was green light for international transfers and I went through the interview phase which basically consisted of 4 formal phone interviews, with 4 different interviewers: 2 other software engineers, 1 product manager, and 1 director. Only the 2 engineers made very technical interviews, basically focused on Java and logic, that lasted for about 1 hour each and had a medium-high difficulty level. The other 2 interviews were more about to know my professional experience and objectives and also to let me know more about the job. After that, I got the positive feedback in about a week and then, in my case, the whole approval process for my job offer took more than a month and then, finally, I could start the real transfer process, which took a couple more months and now I'm here and quite happy so far.

Interview Questions
    • Considering a 2-dimension matrix that can only be traversed by 1 adjacent position at a time and never diagonally. Create an algorithm to traverse that matrix from its upper-left corner to its lower-right corner using the shorter possible path in the most efficient way.   View Answers (5)
    In my case, I had to negotiate 2 things: my career level and salary and my relocation package.
    My level in Oracle Brazil was 1 lower than the level asked in the job position and because of the fact I was being transferred they wanted to keep my level which meant a lower salary. I was able to negotiate and come at the right level with a salary within my acceptable range. As for the relocation, we had basically 2 options. The first was a total budget of about 15K USD that would be administered by a third-party contracted by Oracle. The second was a lump-sum of 7.5K USD that I'd receive to cover my own expenses. I was going with the 1st but after I saw the budgets for moving expenses from that third-party company, I decided to go with the 2nd option and in my case it was enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in December 2014.

No Offer letter after clearing 6 hectic rounds

1. Written test
    2. 3 technical rounds - F2F
    3. 1 Telephonic round- Skype
    4. 1 Managerial round

one of the waste interview process i have ever seen ;6 rounds for 3yr exp guy and each round of min. 1 hour are you kidding me ?, what i noticed is questions asked are 90% same in all the rounds then what is use of 3 technical rounds just time waste.

After clearing all the rounds ,i dint get offer from them

Just for sake of 25k they rejected and selected other guy who accepted for less offer without asking me for salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

3-4 rounds depending on how you perform in first round. More technical rounds if they are unsure. Direct manager round if they find you good technically. They will try to confuse you. In case you are conceptually good, they will find out. Interviewer will lay traps for you. Beware of those things. They are highly knowledgeable and as soon as you say something that is not right, they will try to make situation where your own concepts start conflicting with each other. Beware of such traps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Hiring process is very cumbersome. It takes 1 month to complete all the interview rounds. Interview rounds are also exhaustive. Around 4-5 rounds are conducted. The more you ask the more are the chances that the offer will not come even after doing excellent in the interview. Referrals are encouraged and internal movement is also consider. During the offer wait period, the key is to remain connected with the manager if he/she responded positively to your interview.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase since the offer comes after long time but at start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Went for walk in drive held at Hyderabad.
    There were 7 rounds in total. First written , 5 technical and the last techo managerial HR round.
    All rounds were comprehensive, check knowledge of java as well as data structures and coding techniques. Have to write code for different problems provided to you giving stress on the optimized solution (like checking the complexity of the solution and all).

Interview Questions
    • How to find the singly linked list is circular using only one pointer   Answer Question
    If you performed well in the interview you can ask whatever you feel is fine considering the name of the company . Else difficult to negotiate. Got around 80% hike from my current package

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

I was initially contacted by HR. During the initial discussion they gathered basic information about my profile and also briefed me about the position and what actually they are looking for. After a few days first round of technical interview conducted. Basic to intermediate level questions asked about Oracle db architecture. All facets of Oracle products were touched. This was further followed by second level technical interview. This was quite intense and lengthy. Both rounds were telephonic and duration was more than an hour for each. Second round was to check depth of knowledge with few issue specific questions. Before third round few documents collected by HR. Third and fourth round taken through video conference. Third round was with hiring manager. In this round technical and behavioral qualities were assessed. Salary negotiation also took place in this round. Next was fourth round with the Sr.Director. Mostly behavioral questions. Verbal offer made after few hours. After 3 weeks soft copy of the offer letter released.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to know as much as possible for all technical terms used in resume or during interview.   Answer Question
    Negotiations largely depend on last drawn salary. Asking salary should be justified rationally.