Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.3

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in February 2010.

Interview

7 interviews. 2 physicals with 4 people, 3 over the phone. Very unexpected questions about anything. Puzzles, think fast questions, etc. They all want to see if you are a good fit, both in your personality and in your technical skills. Don't hesitate to say you need help. They don't expect a guru on everything, but someone capable of finding or thinking on a solution to a problem.

Interview Questions

• Its hard to say. Most of the question came unexpected as most interviewers in Mexico don't usually know programming (they just want a programmer), but they will definitively ask about algorithms and stuff like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR asks your expected salary. Make a good research, as they won't negotiate: If it is too high for what you know, you are out. If it is too low, well, you know what is going to happen. They will also set the position based on this and then the teams interested will say "Senior? Probably Junior" and then you may not get hired even if you were a good fit. Be honest with your own value, no less no more. Once inside everything is negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They contacted me to see if I was interested in the interviewing process, had one phone interview (basic OOP questions), then two on-site interviews and one final phone interview with senior manager from india

Interview Questions

• Basic problem solving questions on first on site interview, on second one problems where more difficult involving threads,exceptions, etc...   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in September 2011.

Interview

3 days of intervew. 5 hours each day. All three interviews 1:1 with senior manager. He asked to write programs on Java that should work in parallel and be thread-safe. Programs should be written on paper, without PC. Also asked about shell scripting skills.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

You will have three technical rounds and one management/director round (There's a chance where you can get <b>rejected</b> in Director round). First round: You will be asked to write/implement the java program for simple problems (Refer to the question section). Second Round: You will be asked the core concepts of Java and two more problems would be given to solve. Logic and approach should best. Third round: This is the final technical round where you will be asked to design and code a solution for toughest problem. This is the challenging round.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Write a program to parse a string number without using the Integer class? &amp;#034;12345&amp;#034; with out using JAVA API, covert this to Integer 12345.   Answer Question
    • Q: Implement the &amp;#034;Word wrap&amp;#034; function?   Answer Question
    • Q: Implement the reverse hash map?   Answer Question
    • What is serialization transient?   Answer Question
    • Q: Validate the chess moves of different coins of the chess game.&amp;gt;   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Bedford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through online job board. Recruiter contacted me almost immediately. Manager contacted in 2 days and scheduled 4 hour phone interview. There were 3-4 interviewer and it was done through phone/skype. They were mostly interested in networking background and core programming skills. Mostly focused around the role. The did have a tendency to ask questions from your answers repeatedly. They were not interested much in your learning capacity or personality. The interview was only focused on Technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Revolved around C/C++ programming concepts (dynamic memory allocation, Data structures, inheritance, virtual functions, OOPs concepts) Operating Systems (Semaphore, Scheduling) Networking protocols especially SIP, RTP and TCP/IP Network analyzing tools Network/Socket programming Protol headers etc   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Initially one or two telephonic rounds followed by f2f rounds. One round with Manager. Questions mostly on work experience and the technology worked.

Interview Questions

• Why you are looking for change in a short time with your current employer?   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Pune (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Out of 4 rounds, first three rounds were technical, 4th round was HR. In first round, asked aptitude questions, technical questions and questions on projects done during engineering/internship. Second round was purely technical.

Interview Questions

• Asked data structure questions (trees).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is quite simple. Depends on what team and what position you are interviewing with. I met with three teams at the Oracle HQs in Redwood shores in a single day. Also had a lunch with an alumni of my school. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the time with some basic questions on Java, multithreading and Algortihms.

Interview Questions

• Some teams ask technical(Algorithms and Java) questions while others concentrate on behavioral and communication skills. Algorithm question- Print the complete ancestral chain in a given n-Array tree.(You have to print all the parents till the root of each node of a given n-Array tree)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were around four round, the first round was with a hiring manager where he asked questions about my previous experiences. The second round was technical round where I was asked some questions on C++. The third round was with another manager where we discussed about my academic projects. The fourth round was design and coding round where a design question and white board programming question was asked.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a very informal interview but had to wait 3 months for background check and all to clear. Questions asked ranged form how good are you in <some subject>. Some analytical skills questions were thrown at random. finally they asked me if I could specify the details of a trial-version software. All in all, it was not much related to the actual work that i did for 3 years.