Oracle

2.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Wasn't too excited about the project.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

discuss my done projects
    how to sort big data

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

difficulty of interview is deponed on the group you chose, in terms of mine, interview questions are easier comparing with other company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in November 2008.

Was contacted directly via email that Oracle wanted to interview me on-site. They claimed they found my CV through the school's database. They were very generous and hospitable throughout the stay: they flew me in on a Wednesday evening, had a rental car waiting, and put me to sleep in a nice hotel. Thursday was interviews all day long, one after the other (6 total, each about 1 - 1.5 hours long). Many consisted of IQ questions (puzzle solving), but there were also personality tests and skills tests. Specifically, they grilled me on Java knowledge (keywords, syntax, and example problems). The interviews were all independent of each other: each interview was really a smaller group within Oracle that wanted to interview me their own way. They let me stay in SF all of Friday, and I flew home on Saturday morning.

Interview Questions
    • Tricky Java syntax questions (miscellaneous).   Answer Question
    • 5 horses on a 5-lane track. You have 5 horses and you want to rank the top three. All you have available to you is a track and the ability to tell perfectly in which order the horses crossed the finish line. How many races are necessary in order to rank the top three horses?   View Answers (3)

Decided to stay at school and finish a Masters.

Software Developer Interview

first there was a written round thats east to crack.After that ,2 interviews are there 1 technical n 1 hr ,
    every round was an elimination round.In written they focus on C,C++ and DBMS and Sql Queries,and they ask u for subjects in which u are intersted

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

There was a written test as first round. It had aptitude, verbal and computer science knowledge. After that 58 students were shortlisted. Then we had two rounds of interview. First one was technical interview. They mainly asked about your project and little cross questioning over how you implemented this feature in your projects. They then asked 1-2 puzzles. They were generally easy. Just prepare your projects and you are good for the tech round. The hr round which was the last round, is just a formality, they ask general questions. Tip: do go through the website once, they might ask questions on that.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write the code of a whole webpage from one of my projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

The first round had aptitude, analytical and verbal questions . A shortlist will be made based on your logical skills . Then a 1:1 interview will take place followed by a HR interview

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

At first they organized an Online test which consist of 4 sections: Verbal, Aptitude, Reasoning and Programming. Test was very easy but you need to be good at technical part to clear programming section cut off.
    then i have two rounds of interviews : one is Technical and other is HR.
    Both the rounds are Elimination rounds.
    They usually prefer students with high CGPA and the one who has done some project work in field of programming.
    I strongly suggest to have good speaking skills and a sound knowledge toward basic concepts of OS, DBMS, SQL and JAVA

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was actually tuff, they asked me about my projects especially related to programming, their were also some questions of HR in technical interview like what is your dream . There was separate marks for each sort of questions they were asking, so one need to be smart and confident to give those answers.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

first round : aptitude+verbal+technical(c,java,dbms)
    second round : technical interview (puzzles and problem solving) lite only.It would be a plus point if u know oop Concepts and all.
    HR : answer confidently...don't give silly answers

Interview Questions
    • i expected second round to be technical but its completely non technical   Answer Question

Software Developers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

For Software developers - Candidates with good academics and from reputed colleges. Prefer candidates from good reputed companies. Normally there will be a Telephonic technical interview followed by 3-4 rounds of technical in-person interviews followed by a managerial round.HR round is normally not done in Oracle. Once the candidate is selected, the approval process (for the offer to be approved) takes normally 8 -10 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Should be excellent in coding, algorithms, data structures, OS. Again this depends on the group for which your are applying.   Answer Question
    NA