Oracle

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Question – What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't too excited about the project.

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – discuss my done projects
how to sort big data

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details – difficulty of interview is deponed on the group you chose, in terms of mine, interview questions are easier comparing with other company

Interview Question – write a Fibonacci   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2008.

Interview Details – Was contacted directly via email that Oracle wanted to interview me on-site. They claimed they found my CV through the school's database. They were very generous and hospitable throughout the stay: they flew me in on a Wednesday evening, had a rental car waiting, and put me to sleep in a nice hotel. Thursday was interviews all day long, one after the other (6 total, each about 1 - 1.5 hours long). Many consisted of IQ questions (puzzle solving), but there were also personality tests and skills tests. Specifically, they grilled me on Java knowledge (keywords, syntax, and example problems). The interviews were all independent of each other: each interview was really a smaller group within Oracle that wanted to interview me their own way. They let me stay in SF all of Friday, and I flew home on Saturday morning.

Interview Questions

• Tricky Java syntax questions (miscellaneous).   Answer Question
  • 5 horses on a 5-lane track. You have 5 horses and you want to rank the top three. All you have available to you is a track and the ability to tell perfectly in which order the horses crossed the finish line. How many races are necessary in order to rank the top three horses?   View Answers (3)

Reason for Declining – Decided to stay at school and finish a Masters.

Software Developers Interview

Software Developers
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – For Software developers - Candidates with good academics and from reputed colleges. Prefer candidates from good reputed companies. Normally there will be a Telephonic technical interview followed by 3-4 rounds of technical in-person interviews followed by a managerial round.HR round is normally not done in Oracle. Once the candidate is selected, the approval process (for the offer to be approved) takes normally 8 -10 weeks.

Interview Question – Should be excellent in coding, algorithms, data structures, OS. Again this depends on the group for which your are applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I went throught Employee referral- interview was easy.. they asked to write code only.. code from project. And asked about project..how the idea came.. who and all worked with u. And then qns from java as i said i am comfortable in java. Completely all qns are from ur resumes.

Interview Question – They asked me to write a part of my project from that they asked me to modify it..   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I participated in a on-campus drive of OFSS. First there was an online test. After clearing the interview you have to give a technical interview and a HR interview. Technical interview is easy. Prepare java and sql well. The interview process took all day and was exhausting.

Interview Question – In HR interview they can ask some pretty weird questions. So answer with wit as the questions might be dumb and they can drag it on and on   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – written Plus 3 to 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – puzzles and computer fundamentals, little programming but not easy ones   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online Aptitude Test consisting of both Technical questions and Quantitative Aptitude.
There were attention to detail questions as well. Logical Reasoning was a tough section.
Technical Interview was conducted after the test. Multiple questions based on the skills given in the resume were asked such as C,C++,Data Structures,SQL etc.

Interview Question – Question on Dangling pointers where i was asked to explain the scenario of dangling pointer and memory leakage through a diagram.   Answer Question

Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Online Test ( Quant, English, Technical)
2. Technical Interview ( 4 rounds)

Interview Question – 25 horses puzzle   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!