Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Wasn't too excited about the project.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

discuss my done projects
    how to sort big data

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

difficulty of interview is deponed on the group you chose, in terms of mine, interview questions are easier comparing with other company

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2008.

Was contacted directly via email that Oracle wanted to interview me on-site. They claimed they found my CV through the school's database. They were very generous and hospitable throughout the stay: they flew me in on a Wednesday evening, had a rental car waiting, and put me to sleep in a nice hotel. Thursday was interviews all day long, one after the other (6 total, each about 1 - 1.5 hours long). Many consisted of IQ questions (puzzle solving), but there were also personality tests and skills tests. Specifically, they grilled me on Java knowledge (keywords, syntax, and example problems). The interviews were all independent of each other: each interview was really a smaller group within Oracle that wanted to interview me their own way. They let me stay in SF all of Friday, and I flew home on Saturday morning.

Interview Questions
    • Tricky Java syntax questions (miscellaneous).   Answer Question
    • 5 horses on a 5-lane track. You have 5 horses and you want to rank the top three. All you have available to you is a track and the ability to tell perfectly in which order the horses crossed the finish line. How many races are necessary in order to rank the top three horses?   View Answers (3)

Decided to stay at school and finish a Masters.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

The first round had aptitude, analytical and verbal questions . A shortlist will be made based on your logical skills . Then a 1:1 interview will take place followed by a HR interview

Software Developers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

For Software developers - Candidates with good academics and from reputed colleges. Prefer candidates from good reputed companies. Normally there will be a Telephonic technical interview followed by 3-4 rounds of technical in-person interviews followed by a managerial round.HR round is normally not done in Oracle. Once the candidate is selected, the approval process (for the offer to be approved) takes normally 8 -10 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Should be excellent in coding, algorithms, data structures, OS. Again this depends on the group for which your are applying.   Answer Question
    NA

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

I went throught Employee referral- interview was easy.. they asked to write code only.. code from project. And asked about project..how the idea came.. who and all worked with u. And then qns from java as i said i am comfortable in java. Completely all qns are from ur resumes.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a part of my project from that they asked me to modify it..   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

I participated in a on-campus drive of OFSS. First there was an online test. After clearing the interview you have to give a technical interview and a HR interview. Technical interview is easy. Prepare java and sql well. The interview process took all day and was exhausting.

Interview Questions
    • In HR interview they can ask some pretty weird questions. So answer with wit as the questions might be dumb and they can drag it on and on   Answer Question

written Plus 3 to 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • puzzles and computer fundamentals, little programming but not easy ones   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Online Aptitude Test consisting of both Technical questions and Quantitative Aptitude.
    There were attention to detail questions as well. Logical Reasoning was a tough section.
    Technical Interview was conducted after the test. Multiple questions based on the skills given in the resume were asked such as C,C++,Data Structures,SQL etc.

Interview Questions
    • Question on Dangling pointers where i was asked to explain the scenario of dangling pointer and memory leakage through a diagram.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!