Oracle

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Question – What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't too excited about the project.

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – discuss my done projects
how to sort big data

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details – difficulty of interview is deponed on the group you chose, in terms of mine, interview questions are easier comparing with other company

Interview Question – write a Fibonacci   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2008.

Interview Details – Was contacted directly via email that Oracle wanted to interview me on-site. They claimed they found my CV through the school's database. They were very generous and hospitable throughout the stay: they flew me in on a Wednesday evening, had a rental car waiting, and put me to sleep in a nice hotel. Thursday was interviews all day long, one after the other (6 total, each about 1 - 1.5 hours long). Many consisted of IQ questions (puzzle solving), but there were also personality tests and skills tests. Specifically, they grilled me on Java knowledge (keywords, syntax, and example problems). The interviews were all independent of each other: each interview was really a smaller group within Oracle that wanted to interview me their own way. They let me stay in SF all of Friday, and I flew home on Saturday morning.

Interview Questions

• Tricky Java syntax questions (miscellaneous).   Answer Question
  • 5 horses on a 5-lane track. You have 5 horses and you want to rank the top three. All you have available to you is a track and the ability to tell perfectly in which order the horses crossed the finish line. How many races are necessary in order to rank the top three horses?   View Answers (3)

Reason for Declining – Decided to stay at school and finish a Masters.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I participated in a on-campus drive of OFSS. First there was an online test. After clearing the interview you have to give a technical interview and a HR interview. Technical interview is easy. Prepare java and sql well. The interview process took all day and was exhausting.

Interview Question – In HR interview they can ask some pretty weird questions. So answer with wit as the questions might be dumb and they can drag it on and on   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – written Plus 3 to 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – puzzles and computer fundamentals, little programming but not easy ones   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online Aptitude Test consisting of both Technical questions and Quantitative Aptitude.
There were attention to detail questions as well. Logical Reasoning was a tough section.
Technical Interview was conducted after the test. Multiple questions based on the skills given in the resume were asked such as C,C++,Data Structures,SQL etc.

Interview Question – Question on Dangling pointers where i was asked to explain the scenario of dangling pointer and memory leakage through a diagram.   Answer Question

Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Online Test ( Quant, English, Technical)
2. Technical Interview ( 4 rounds)

Interview Question – 25 horses puzzle   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2009.

Interview Details – My resume has passed and I was called for an interview in a week through an agent.

Interview Question – It was just a Q&A interview style. No specific questions.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Sortlisted based on resume (only NIT, IIT and BITS). Total 4 round.

1. Written - 30 JAVA and 10 Apti question. cutoff was atleast 50% in both section. question level was good and most of them were output finding. (Some students have one more written round on coding)

2. F2F(Technical) - Basic JAVA, Algo and puzzles. He was telling to solve every problem with different approch (3/2 hours).

3. F2F(Technical) - JAVA , database, puzzles , OOPS concepts . question releted to Singleton, markup interface, generics, polymorphism (2 hours)

4. F2F (HR) - my job role in current company, puzzle , few simple but tricky programing question. He was basically testing my problem solving skill. common HR questions. (2 hours)

Interview Question – find the previous palindrom date of given date ? (Not difficult but Unexpected)
e.g - 12-02-2021 is a palindrom date.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – offering less than i demanded.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.