Oracle Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and called me and flew me out to California without a first round interview. Beforehand I had to look at a list of different managers and their projects who were interested in my resume. I had to send back a list of managers who i would want to work with. When I got to California, I spent about ~1 hour with each manager and had to rank them in order of preference. The interviews ranged from mostly fit/personal questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the final and the static keyword in java?   Answer Question

Wasn't too excited about the project.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

discuss my done projects how to sort big data

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

difficulty of interview is deponed on the group you chose, in terms of mine, interview questions are easier comparing with other company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

5 interviews with diff teams. Describe projects - qs like tail recursion, linked list, dynamic memory allocator, C , Java etc. Flew me in and paid for hotel and food. 2 day stay. Sent a limo or i had the option to rent a car and they will pay for it. Interview was easy and i was interviewing at ex Sun Microsystems branch so i am not sure if this applies to standard Oracle.

Interview Questions

• What is the diff between tail recursion and normal recursion and more similar qs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Was contacted directly via email that Oracle wanted to interview me on-site. They claimed they found my CV through the school's database. They were very generous and hospitable throughout the stay: they flew me in on a Wednesday evening, had a rental car waiting, and put me to sleep in a nice hotel. Thursday was interviews all day long, one after the other (6 total, each about 1 - 1.5 hours long). Many consisted of IQ questions (puzzle solving), but there were also personality tests and skills tests. Specifically, they grilled me on Java knowledge (keywords, syntax, and example problems). The interviews were all independent of each other: each interview was really a smaller group within Oracle that wanted to interview me their own way. They let me stay in SF all of Friday, and I flew home on Saturday morning.

Interview Questions

• Tricky Java syntax questions (miscellaneous).   Answer Question
    • 5 horses on a 5-lane track. You have 5 horses and you want to rank the top three. All you have available to you is a track and the ability to tell perfectly in which order the horses crossed the finish line. How many races are necessary in order to rank the top three horses?   3 Answers

Decided to stay at school and finish a Masters.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Cape Town (South Africa)) in June 2015.

Interview

Got put in touch with HR by a friend of mine, HR got a hold of me and asked for my CV. Next HR asked me to complete a programming project tot determine my level of coding. A telephonic call was then held where I was asked about previous projects I had worked on as well as some simple networking concepts.

Interview Questions

• Do a Fibonnaci sequence. Both iteratively and recursively.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

first there was a written round thats east to crack.After that ,2 interviews are there 1 technical n 1 hr , every round was an elimination round.In written they focus on C,C++ and DBMS and Sql Queries,and they ask u for subjects in which u are intersted

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Interview

There was a written test as first round. It had aptitude, verbal and computer science knowledge. After that 58 students were shortlisted. Then we had two rounds of interview. First one was technical interview. They mainly asked about your project and little cross questioning over how you implemented this feature in your projects. They then asked 1-2 puzzles. They were generally easy. Just prepare your projects and you are good for the tech round. The hr round which was the last round, is just a formality, they ask general questions. Tip: do go through the website once, they might ask questions on that.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write the code of a whole webpage from one of my projects.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Vellore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The process consist of 5 rounds. First was online mcq based test, questions were related to java and dsa. Second round consist of 4 coding problems, the problems are quiet easy any mediocre can do them. Third and fourth rounds were technical interviews, they just want to test your dsa fundamentals. The final round was HR, this was just for the namesake. I applied through my college and the process took a day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, they only looked at the approach.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

The first round had aptitude, analytical and verbal questions . A shortlist will be made based on your logical skills . Then a 1:1 interview will take place followed by a HR interview