Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The interview process was ridiculous. All they asked for was a resume and then I got an email back telling me that I had been selected into their internship program. A few weeks later I heard from them about choosing a group. Definitely not what I expected!

Interview Question – Which group do you want to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern, the offer was very generous. No negotiation necessary.

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Interview Question – System Design   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Question – A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details – meetings with managers and developers, get introduced to the projects, discuss my own experience, talk to multiple groups in the same day, have lunch together, questions about personality, no technical questions, people are all very nice

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Good organization, the interview process was fun and talked with interesting people. The people were responsive on my emails and stayed engaged throughout the process. A little slow on the offer for fresh out of college people.

Reason for Declining – other opportunities

Mineola, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Question – The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   View Answers (2)

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – telephone interview

Interview Question – in-order traverse a binary tree   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – All basic questions, OS, computer architecture, C++/C, algorithm, just be confident and smile, managers are nice.

Interview Question – All basic   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I got a call through university recruiting, so I had choices regarding which groups to interview. The process is easy, you have to choose 6 groups for the interview from a list which HR will send you. Once you interview with all the groups, you need to give a list of groups you want to work with in order of preference. The HR will get the input from groups, as soon as there is a match, they will send you an offer.

Interview Question – Questions were easy, basic programming, data structures, searches, threads.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!