Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

Phone Interview. Then 2 day weekend location interview with 20+ applicants. Flew to Denver. One on one with managers. Technical interview. Group interview. Behavioral, personality, technical.xx xx xx xx xx

Interview Questions
Salary, hiring bonus & relocation covered

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

The interview process was ridiculous. All they asked for was a resume and then I got an email back telling me that I had been selected into their internship program. A few weeks later I heard from them about choosing a group. Definitely not what I expected!

Interview Questions
    As an intern, the offer was very generous. No negotiation necessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions
    • A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer
    Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

meetings with managers and developers, get introduced to the projects, discuss my own experience, talk to multiple groups in the same day, have lunch together, questions about personality, no technical questions, people are all very nice

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Oracle.

Good organization, the interview process was fun and talked with interesting people. The people were responsive on my emails and stayed engaged throughout the process. A little slow on the offer for fresh out of college people.

other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mineola, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

telephone interview

Software Engineer Interview

All basic questions, OS, computer architecture, C++/C, algorithm, just be confident and smile, managers are nice.

Interview Questions

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!