Oracle

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume on the career fair and had a short conversation over phone discussing about the process and timeline. Then had an hour long interview with the hiring manager of a group. Digged into every detail of almost all the information mentioned on the resume. No typical technical questions. All people are very helpful, nice, and friendly during the process. I think all they are looking for is someone who has the best matched technique background for their projects.

Interview Questions
  • Your resume, past projects, and conceptual technical questions related to past projects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview was easy. Basic expected questions on data structures linked lists pointers stacks queues etc. Convert a string to an integer. What is difference between strcpy and strncpy? How do you reverse a linked list?

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Rather non-technical really... to the point that it makes me question their hiring process and the caliber of the people I'd be working with at this corporation. Most companies I know of that hire decent people vet them through a series of interviews. I literally just had one in-person ~somwhat technical interview (design a system, no coding). They were nice enough to fly me out to san jose for the interview so I'd say overall the experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you'd design a large scale cloud system. What things would you take into account, scalabilty, backups, sharding, etc. I told him what I knew from my limited experience of scaling, and he helped me out in certain places.   Answer Question

Company didn't seem like a good fit. Uncertain about caliber of co-workers. Employees at the office I interviewed at were in cubicles, seems boring.

Software Engineer Interview

contacted by recruiter, had a quick chat over phone with hr about starting time and interests. hr sent me a list of 8 groups to rank, then they scheduled interview with 4 groups, two of which are in boston area. the interviews are mostly non technical, and vary a lot from group to group. groups in boston are more technical. everyone is very friendly. asked many behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

The interview process was ridiculous. All they asked for was a resume and then I got an email back telling me that I had been selected into their internship program. A few weeks later I heard from them about choosing a group. Definitely not what I expected!

Interview Questions
    As an intern, the offer was very generous. No negotiation necessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Good organization, the interview process was fun and talked with interesting people. The people were responsive on my emails and stayed engaged throughout the process. A little slow on the offer for fresh out of college people.

other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.