Oracle

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

102 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview was easy. Basic expected questions on data structures linked lists pointers stacks queues etc. Convert a string to an integer. What is difference between strcpy and strncpy? How do you reverse a linked list?

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Software Engineer Interview

contacted by recruiter, had a quick chat over phone with hr about starting time and interests. hr sent me a list of 8 groups to rank, then they scheduled interview with 4 groups, two of which are in boston area. the interviews are mostly non technical, and vary a lot from group to group. groups in boston are more technical. everyone is very friendly. asked many behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

The interview process was ridiculous. All they asked for was a resume and then I got an email back telling me that I had been selected into their internship program. A few weeks later I heard from them about choosing a group. Definitely not what I expected!

Interview Questions
    As an intern, the offer was very generous. No negotiation necessary.

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Good organization, the interview process was fun and talked with interesting people. The people were responsive on my emails and stayed engaged throughout the process. A little slow on the offer for fresh out of college people.

other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

telephone interview

Software Engineer Interview

All basic questions, OS, computer architecture, C++/C, algorithm, just be confident and smile, managers are nice.