Oracle

Average Difficulty
89 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details – meetings with managers and developers, get introduced to the projects, discuss my own experience, talk to multiple groups in the same day, have lunch together, questions about personality, no technical questions, people are all very nice

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Good organization, the interview process was fun and talked with interesting people. The people were responsive on my emails and stayed engaged throughout the process. A little slow on the offer for fresh out of college people.

Reason for Declining – other opportunities

Mineola, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Question – The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   View Answers (2)

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – telephone interview

Interview Question – in-order traverse a binary tree   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – All basic questions, OS, computer architecture, C++/C, algorithm, just be confident and smile, managers are nice.

Interview Question – All basic   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I got a call through university recruiting, so I had choices regarding which groups to interview. The process is easy, you have to choose 6 groups for the interview from a list which HR will send you. Once you interview with all the groups, you need to give a list of groups you want to work with in order of preference. The HR will get the input from groups, as soon as there is a match, they will send you an offer.

Interview Question – Questions were easy, basic programming, data structures, searches, threads.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewing and hiring process took a very long time. Although the hiring manager kept in contact during the process and apologized for the delay.

Interview Question – None really, just the basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they offered you a salary and you either said yes or no.

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Called for a 6 hours interview and was interviewed by 4 different engineers, + manager, director, VP and senior VP. The interview by the engineers were fairly technical - question on C, C++ templates, STL, vxworks and an aptitude question.
The manager + above leaders asked fairly my work ethics and skills.

Interview Question – What is template specialization and give an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation and I just accepted the verbal offer. Waiting for the offer letter.. dont know how long to wait.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Through college recruiting program. HR contact me after I sent my resume via email.
No phone interview, just a full day, five-team in a roll on-site interview. Then got the offer

Interview Question – First, the interviewer taught me how to write BASIC. Then I was asked to write a program using BASIC. The program is not a very tricky one.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.