Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA).

Interview

applied online directly through their site. was a graduating senior and had spoken ot a few of their recruiters a campus job fairs - they advised me to apply to specific openings

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions

• It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One call to schedule onsite days. And then just fly to SF for two-days onsite interview. I have four group to meet. They are located at HQ, Santa Clara, and Cupertino. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied via a contact with a friend, heard back pretty quick. They questioned me a lot about my previous employers and very little about my abilities, which felt frustrating. I honed this skills that they seemed intent on ignoring. I wish the interview was more about the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you would change about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about 2 weeks after I submitted application online(sent resume to an email address for internship). The recruiter asked for my updated resume and transcripts and then arranged a 5-minute phone chat with me. The phone chat is mainly about the overview of the internship and the interview process. And there is only one round phone interview for internship in Oracle. After a week, I was told to have an interview with a group and followed by another group one more week later. And got rejected an week after the second interview.
    One interviewer is not patient at all and not nice as what other people said. Another is almost no emotional(I can not feel whether he is happy or not about the answer)

Interview Questions

• Mostly are general behavior questions about the projects on the resume like:
      1. what is your strength?
      2. what is your weakness?
      3. what's your hobby?
      4. what do you think is the most challenge part in XX project?
      5. what do you want to get from the internship?
      tell me about But also some basic technical questions like:
      1. tell me about some sorting algorithms you know?
      2. how will you find out a bug in the program

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to the oracle recruiting email address, and got a reply from the HR. Later, she called me asking for some basic information. It was not like a phone interview. Then my resume was reviewed by groups in Oracle. About one month later, I got the onsite interview invitation with the group descriptions. Then I speak with five groups. Some groups are in Massachusetts, then the form would be a video interview. Video interviews were basically more technical. Others asked about the resume and projects I did in school, together with some small technical questions. They were not very hard. The time for each group was 1 hour and a quarter. And I speak with several persons in that group. Between successive interviews, there was a quarter for rest. Interviewers were very friendly, and made the interview more like a talking or discussion. Now I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume, and some little coding problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume on the career fair and had a short conversation over phone discussing about the process and timeline. Then had an hour long interview with the hiring manager of a group. Digged into every detail of almost all the information mentioned on the resume. No typical technical questions. All people are very helpful, nice, and friendly during the process. I think all they are looking for is someone who has the best matched technique background for their projects.

Interview Questions

• Your resume, past projects, and conceptual technical questions related to past projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Some of the interviewers were chatting with somebody using their cell phones. They didn't respect people! I decided not to answer any questions when I found that. I don't want to work with these people!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interview was easy. Basic expected questions on data structures linked lists pointers stacks queues etc. Convert a string to an integer. What is difference between strcpy and strncpy? How do you reverse a linked list?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Interview

Rather non-technical really... to the point that it makes me question their hiring process and the caliber of the people I'd be working with at this corporation. Most companies I know of that hire decent people vet them through a series of interviews. I literally just had one in-person ~somwhat technical interview (design a system, no coding). They were nice enough to fly me out to san jose for the interview so I'd say overall the experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you'd design a large scale cloud system. What things would you take into account, scalabilty, backups, sharding, etc. I told him what I knew from my limited experience of scaling, and he helped me out in certain places.   Answer Question

Company didn't seem like a good fit. Uncertain about caliber of co-workers. Employees at the office I interviewed at were in cubicles, seems boring.