Oracle

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Question – A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Through college recruiting program. HR contact me after I sent my resume via email.
No phone interview, just a full day, five-team in a roll on-site interview. Then got the offer

Interview Question – First, the interviewer taught me how to write BASIC. Then I was asked to write a program using BASIC. The program is not a very tricky one.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through a referral to a specific team. There were 4-5 rounds of interviews (all over telephone and no on-site which was kind of strange).
The process took much longer than expected, but later I found it was because of budget cuts that they didn't hire for that product in that year.

Interview Question – They asked my work related questions, some puzzles, some technical stuff like coding / steps to host a website etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The package offered was good enough and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – First a phone chat lasts about one hour without technique question. Then a five-hour onsite interviewed with four engineerer. The onsite interviews are all about technique questions.

Interview Question – Reading code about multi-thread.
Writing code about linked list adding.
  Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oracle in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by the recruiter and they asked me to fly to the HQ in Redwood Shores. I talked to five different teams. Each interview took about 1.5 hours. The interview style vary from team to team and from person to person. Overall, the experience was great and I enjoyed the day I spent at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with Oracle through college recruiting 4 years ago. If you graduate from their list of target school, it is easy to get an onsite. Before the onsite, the recruiter sent you a list of groups that are interested in interviewing you. You can pick 6-7 to interview with. It a whole day process. Each team you usually talk to their hire manager and one developer. Not much technical questions with the manager. The developer would ask some technical questions.

Interview Question – How to find the shortest path from city A to B.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview/ on site interview with two mangers. Couple of not too hard MySQL query based questions, but some unexpected questions like the one below. Missed on couple of questions.

Interview Question – How would you determine the time zone under which a database was operating?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Interview Details – Was emailed by the recruiter for an onsite invitation without any phone interviews.

Was told to pick from a set of short listed groups, mostly revolving around databases. Groups were selected by the recruiter from what they think matches my resume best. Some of the groups selected weren't really what I was interested in.

Out of the groups I selected I only met with 1 group, the recruiter added 2 more groups which I did not select to my set of interviews for the onsite.

Only did 3 interviews for my onsite, few technical questions. Interviewers were generally friendly and comfortable to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Identify thread safe regions in a piece of code   Answer Question
  • Write a simple SQL statement to find people with the same last name but not the same autogenerated ID in the same table.   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

Interview Details – One hour phone interview, asked some questions about the projects that I worked on. And then asked some algorithm questions, the questions is very simply. One week later, get an on-site interview. the interview has 3 rounds:
The first round: Questions related to OS, Kernel etc.
The second round: Questions about the projects I have worked on, like which one is your favorite and why, describe the technical details.
The finial round: Questions about data structures and algorithms. Sort a linked list, improve the performance by multi-thread (suppose on a multi-core system).

Interview Questions

• Questions about OS and kernel. How an IO request processed by system, from user mode to kernel mode.   Answer Question
  • Sort a linked list, improve the performance by multi-thread on multi-core system.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!