Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions

• It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to the oracle recruiting email address, and got a reply from the HR. Later, she called me asking for some basic information. It was not like a phone interview. Then my resume was reviewed by groups in Oracle. About one month later, I got the onsite interview invitation with the group descriptions. Then I speak with five groups. Some groups are in Massachusetts, then the form would be a video interview. Video interviews were basically more technical. Others asked about the resume and projects I did in school, together with some small technical questions. They were not very hard. The time for each group was 1 hour and a quarter. And I speak with several persons in that group. Between successive interviews, there was a quarter for rest. Interviewers were very friendly, and made the interview more like a talking or discussion. Now I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume, and some little coding problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly. That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions

• A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The overall interview experience was excellent. The recruiter was kind and helpful in the process along the way. Oracle has a complete and well-structured procedure on what you need to expect in each step of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences/projects that you find interesting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Through college recruiting program. HR contact me after I sent my resume via email. No phone interview, just a full day, five-team in a roll on-site interview. Then got the offer

Interview Questions

• First, the interviewer taught me how to write BASIC. Then I was asked to write a program using BASIC. The program is not a very tricky one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

phone which takes 1 hour, then called to do an onsite interview, there are 5 or 6, I don't really remember, overall the interview experience is good, questions been asked are all quite easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no gegotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First a phone chat lasts about one hour without technique question. Then a five-hour onsite interviewed with four engineerer. The onsite interviews are all about technique questions.

Interview Questions

• Reading code about multi-thread. Writing code about linked list adding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter and they asked me to fly to the HQ in Redwood Shores. I talked to five different teams. Each interview took about 1.5 hours. The interview style vary from team to team and from person to person. Overall, the experience was great and I enjoyed the day I spent at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied through a referral to a specific team. There were 4-5 rounds of interviews (all over telephone and no on-site which was kind of strange). The process took much longer than expected, but later I found it was because of budget cuts that they didn't hire for that product in that year.

Interview Questions

• They asked my work related questions, some puzzles, some technical stuff like coding / steps to host a website etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The package offered was good enough and didn't feel the need to negotiate.