Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

Interview Details – International from uk 3 meeting interesting innovative presentation skills oriented personality check great emphaty 90 day plans requested at first through limkedin then phone interv with uk recruiter then manager in milan then another meeting presentation with italy team then presales manager and finally again the manager

Negotiation Details – Timing specialization

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – 5 interviews ( phone and personal) with recruiter, first line manager, second line manager, country manager, language test. feedback within one-two weeks. they asked for salary expectations upfront, but still salary negotiation was possible at later stage.

Interview Question – .sales role play   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Reading, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone interview first, then if successful another two in person interviews.
Tell me what experience you have in shell programming, which operating systems are you familiar with, programming languages you know, do you know what is the recent biggest threat discovered on the Internet (wanted to hear about Heartbleed), recent projects you have done, interested in security and encryption, what are you most interested in developing(apps, OS, games)

Interview Question – What is SSL.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – headhunt followed by telephone interview. Regular updates from HR, then a presentation on my, deals won in the past, prospecting process, deal management, and an overview of the Oracle solution. Great Q & A afterwards, very candid information on Oracle strengths and weaknesses

Interview Question – How do you prospect fro new clients?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Interview Details – 4 stage interview plus a face to face, followed by a long wait as it goes through the corporate approval process. then an even longer wait to on board but once "in" it is great and very slick

Negotiation Details – Both parties where happy

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant
Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2012.

Interview Details – Originally interviewed at a company which had been acquired by Oracle but not yet been integrated (RightNow). Bit of a bumpy transition mid-process to the Oracle hiring process instead.
First interview with a very senior director, fairly informal, with another interview the same day with the internal recruiter who had approached me via LinkedIn.
Having been told I would be invited back, I insisted on having my own separate meeting with one or more members of the team I'd be working with. Ended up meeting two would-be colleagues, separately. I asked for this - it wasn't offered as such, but they were happy to organise it - what a good sign!
There was supposed to be a second, panel interview with a presentation of my understanding of their business/products, and of how I'd see my first few months, plus a little about 'why me'. i prepped for this, but they had to rearrange it and then they decided to go straight to making me an offer instead. Had it been the standard Oracle process I think they would have had to go through with it regardless.
Once I'd had the unofficial 'nod', there was a very...long...wait...for contracts to come all the way from Romania. My new boss was very good and rang me every 10 days or so to keep me updated, but it was a good six weeks or so. Having spoken to a newer colleague, they didn't have such a long wait in the 'standard' process, so this may simply have been because of the transition between the acquired company's hiring process and Oracle's hiring process for me.
There is also an unbelievably detailed background check, using the CV I had originally submitted to the recruiter. They went all the way back to my university to check my degree qualification (over 15 years ago), wanted three business referees, plus two personal referees. They checked every employer and job title I'd had in the last 10 years, which was a bit awkward as my official titles were very vague so hadn't used them on my CV. But this didn't ultimately cause me a problem - a report goes to the hiring manager summarising anything the background check has flagged as an issue.

Interview Question – Very little technical stuff, but an in-depth discussion of the sales cycle as seen by a presales consultant, and questions around handling difficult people/situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Oracle has in-house recruiters, and they have fairly pre-set negotiating parameters. They will NOT offer more than about 15% over what you're already earning, so make sure you present your existing package as favourably as possible. More negotiation on the bonus pool size, and benefit points allocation.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Lengthy. Three interviews, one with sales consultant, one with business lead and practice manager, demo expected. One with president.

Interview Question – None really. Maybe, how do we sell you to or clients?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – OK. There was negotiation over location, but that was fine.

Placement Interview

Placement

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Knew someone who worked there.

Interview Question – Describe design patterns.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Two interviews. First one was a general interview talking about background interests, and reasons for application etc. Second was done by the department, asking more technical and specific questions. Both very pleasant interviews.

Interview Question – All questions seemed to be straight forward, but a basic understanding of software/hardware systems and Oracle's position in the industry would be relevant information, as any other interview.   Answer Question

Vice President EMEA Head of Utilities Consulting Interview

Vice President EMEA Head of Utilities Consulting
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – After 9 interviews / meetings, over two months, they decided to make internal appointment as the guy had more internal connections - it should not have taken these interviews and this amount of time wasting to realise that, so I guess there was some other unspecified reason.
Another comment, they asked me to fly at my own expense for two one hour interviews - from London to California, as their policy is not to pay candidates interview expenses. Oracle Corporation - very, very, disappointing for how they handle such a high level position.

Interview Question – If we offered you the job, would you really take it?   View Answer

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!