Orange County Government

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.8

Environmental Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Orange County Government.

After closing of the posted position, the initial communication to schedule an interview was quick and professional. The interview timeframe was scheduled by email. The interview was surprisingly easy for the level of work requested, half technical, half situational, so offer as much dialog as possible. It took at least 4 weeks to hear back on the job offered. Orientation is only twice a month, so request that you get the earliest orientation possible, otherwise you could wait another 2 weeks to start the position.

I requested to negotiate but it was declined

Senior Administrative Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orange County Government.

Multi level interviews with direct manager then Deputy Agency Director then Agency Director

Interview Questions
    • What was my favorite movie, what do I bring to pot lucks, how will I change contracting from a 9 month to 4 month process   View Answer
    No negotiation.

IPT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orange County Government in October 2010.

The interviewing and hiring process at the County of Orange is tedious. You start out with a test for your position. A month or two later you hear which eligibility list you are on and whether or not you have an interview, which is not guaranteed by being placed on the eligible list. The interview is generally scheduled a couple weeks after being notified. Once interviewed, you are not given a timeframe for when you might hear the results from the interview or if you have a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • They typically do not deviate from the five questions on the paper in front of them.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They offered the position at the beginning rate.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orange County Government in April 2008.

Interview was standard performance based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you handled a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Be conservative on negotiating. If you aim too high they won't hire you. Everything is tied to budget.

Real Estate Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Orange County Government.

Met with managers who had standard questions about real estate to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Law related questions about the real estate department   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Orange County Government in July 2010.

I applied via the company website. I got a call approx. 4 weeks later to schedule an interview. I had to take two assessments- one written test using Microsoft Word and one aptitude assessment to test my knowledge that would be needed to effectively do the job. Afterwards, I met with a panel of 3 people: 2 who would be immediate managers, and one from the HRIT dept. This all happened on a Wednesday, and I received an offer on Friday.

Nothing was negotiable. They made an offer and said that if I was unwilling to accept it, they would move on to the next candidate.