Orange County School District

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orange County School District

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orange County School District in April 2012.

Preselected questions asked in a round-robin fashion by panel.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orange County School District in May 2011.

I left a resume on campus with the front office. A few weeks later, the principal called and asked if I could come for an interview. I was interviewed by the school's principal, assistant principal, and dean of instruction, who had a list of questions they asked. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. They answered questions from me for about 10 minutes at the end. They even walked me around campus and showed me what my room would look like, even though it was 5:30.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All questions were very straight forward, such as "Describe a language arts lesson in your room."   Answer Question
    No much to negotiate. I just asked for certain items to be in my classroom.

Math Teacher - Middle School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Orange County School District in May 2009.

The hiring process is very regimented. You go through the county website and it is a SAP application process. You can apply to specific schools and positions through the interface. I had also hand delivered resumes and cover letters a few weeks before the jobs became available. I am a career changer trying to get into the school system (40 years old) and I am finding that it is very tough. I had read about a shortage of math teachers but apparently journalists are not in tune with the school systems. There is a glut of teachers and the positions have to be advertised, but many are spoken for. I also interviewed at a high school here. Be sure you know how to answer questions about handling discipline issues and classroom management in an interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle it if you had a group of kids in line outside your classroom waiting to get to the next period and they were yelling and cursing and acting out (middle school in troubled neighborhood)?   View Answers (2)
    • What would your final grade be (for the year) for a child that scored averages of 18%, 68%, 70% and 72% (high school math)?   View Answer