Orange County Schools

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.3

English Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Orange County Schools.

Applicants start by filling out Orange County Public School's extensive and arduous online application. Be sure to set aside a couple of hours and have all prior experience ready, including dates, etc. After you select your desired position, you submit your application. If the district approves your application it is made available to the principal of the school who has the open position. If the principal feels you are qualified, the school secretary will contact you for an interview. During the interview you'll be asked about classroom management, how you would handle certain situations, how you deal with difficult parents, your thoughts about curriculum and teaching methodologies, along with other questions about teaching. If you seem like someone they want, you may meet with the department head. You may be offered the job on the spot, or you may get the job later, depending on the principal.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding how you handle certain situations or deal with difficult parents can be challenging. Be ready.   Answer Question

My Possition Was Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orange County Schools in March 2014.

My supervisor and those that I interact with at that point were very helpful and accommodating. they treated me with respect and kindness, such quality is favorable with any humankind a thing that would make you want to stay and become an asset for the cuss your good my goodness, shall be remove from you but shall remain with you.

Interview Questions
    • If they were difficult question they did not surface at that moment they made it easy and embraceable.   View Answer

Technology Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Orange County Schools in January 2014.

Was contacted initially for an interview but reschedule as a phone interview, i was a panel style phone interview. Didn't ask many technical questions just mainly customer service questions. Then gave you a brief description of what your day to day tasks would be, as well as the different holidays that you will get off being that you're working for the school system

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you faced an difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation they have a Pay Grade level based on your experience and what job you are doing

Science Teacher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Orange County Schools in April 2013.

I was interviewed by a district representative first. I signed a contract the following week that says I would seek employment in OCPS. I got in contact with a teacher who was at a local High School who was teaching the same subject I wanted to teach. He forwarded my resume to his principal and I got an interview with the principal who offered me a position after another return interview. I then had to go through Pre Orientation. Where I received a drug test, and a bunch of paperwork to fill out. I passed the bureaucracy challenge and was able to then go through a two day orientation training. That was followed by a years worth of trainings after school for new teachers as well as extra work assignments that only new teachers had to complete while they were also working over 40 hours a week for their students at a surprisingly low salary.

You don't get to negotiate the offer. Its a government job

Teavher Interview

I had to go to the interview. It was easy because I was just pre paired. I would recommend it for any else that is looking to do it . just know your stuff before you go in the and you will get an offer.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orange County Schools in December 2010.

The way to get your foot in the door is via employee referral. OCPS also heavily recruits on college campuses. Otherwise, send your resume directly to the school of your interest. Do not rely solely on the job website. As for the culture, OCPS encourages sharing of ideas and best practices. To foster a sense of unity, the district requires every teacher to participate in a professional learning community.

Interview Questions
    • What measures would you take to ensure that you meet learning goals after you have taught a concept, but students still did not master the concept?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. All base salaries are fixed. Supplements to salary are based on apply for coaching, club sponsors, or other similar roles.

Teacher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orange County Schools in July 2009.

Candidate will apply for the position online. If selected, the candidate will be called in for an interview. Usually the interview consist of a panel of individuals usally in the area in which you are applying. The panel usually ask you a series of questions pertaining to the subject area and school environment. Afterwards the panel will get back with you to offer or decline the position to you.

Teacher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orange County Schools in July 2011.

3 interviews face to face.

Too little.