Orange County Transportation Authority

Updated Aug 30, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orange County Transportation Authority

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA).

Interview

I was first contacted by someone who set me up for an interview. I met with two people who were very nice and thoroughly explained the interview process. One interviewer reviewed my resume and application and verified information and asked me a few questions about my previous jobs. They then took turns asking me situational type questions. There were probably about 7-8 of those questions and then we finished with my own questions. I was offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns but they pay well- $13/hour if you're pursuing a bachelors and $16/hour if you're pursuing your masters.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority.

Interview

Met with two individuals who I was to work with closely. I was questioned about my resume and overall experience. They asked me multiple questions regarding the work I was to do, and gave me a task that I would have to do on the job to do in the interview.

Ok Place to Work Interview

Interview

it was a lengthy interview process… overall okay

Interview Questions

• whats your gr8test weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

45 to 108 k

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was a 2:1 interview that consisted of about 10 questions that were pretty standard/common questions such as strengths, weakness, example of team project, etc. One question that got me was "Can you think of a situation where you solved a problem in the workplace analytically?"

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a situation in the workplace where you solved a problem analytically?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority.

Interview

A lot more work could be done with the recruiting process. Job descriptions could be more specific and less generic. Depending on the interviewing department, questions could be very basic/typical. Most interviews are very routine and seems like there is already a candidate in mind for hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation what so ever. Pay rate is set by HR with no budging.