OrangeSoda

Updated Aug 8, 2014

3.3

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OrangeSoda in April 2014.

The hiring process was drawn out and I had to reach out to the hiring manager. It took longer than I wanted. However, I got the position and salary I was seeking and I'm happy to be working here now.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were straight forward, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    Drawn out, but I got what I asked for.

PPC Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OrangeSoda in June 2013.

Manager responsible for the interview very nice, very casual. Wearing a T-shirt, shorts and sandals. The only part that I didn't like was the fact that after the interview the manager promised a call to give me feedback nut I only received a very general rejection email.

SEO Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OrangeSoda.

I applied online and was happy to get a response within 4 days. I know my experience matches what they were searching for, or at least what they said they were searching for. The SEO position required a 4 year degree and 1+ years in SEO. The account manager was degree a plus, and 2+ years account management, 1+ years online marketing.

I have 2 years of job-based marketing, along with marketing projects. I was definitely qualified.

I took a video interview, then soon after was called in for a one on one interview. Before attending the 1 on 1, I looked at their Google+ page. That was the first sign of problems that workers have reported here. They have multiple bad reviews about account managers not communicating with clients. I was surprised that a marketing company, with an in-house marketing team, didn't respond to bad reviews on their own page.

Upon entry of the location, I noticed how many young people were working there. Throughout the interview it became clear that they were very focused on the number of clients and working young people in the positions. Therefore it seemed focused on revenue and not quality of work. It also seemed strange that they required so little experience, but were offering clients "expertise."

About half way through the interview I knew the job wasn't for me. It wasn't until I asked about work environment and daily tasks that it was mentioned that each account manager handles anywhere from 40 to 175 clients. No wonder for the bad reviews about lack of communication.

After my one hour interview, I was walked around through more cubicles of workers. The environment was quiet, which struck me as odd with so many young workers. It almost felt like I was applying to college. The dress code was also inconsistent. Some people were business causal, some were in shorts and tee shirts. I prefer a more professional environment.

I was also given "homework" that seemed nearly impossible to complete without knowing their policies on how to handle clients. Another thing that bothered me was there there was no acknowledgement of my skill set and how it fit the position throughout the entire interview. Most questions, including role play questions, revolved around how to handle being overworked.

After my interview I emailed to let them know I was no longer interested in the position. I received a "no-reply" follow up email saying I didn't get the job a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play "How do you handle this situation: One of your team member's work has been lacking. They say they are overworked.". Difficult to know the hierarchy of their workforce.   Answer Question

SEO/SEM Premium Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OrangeSoda in August 2011.

I received a call a few days after submitting the application. They were able to setup the interview with me quickly and we went through a normal interview process. First met with a couple of people in the department I would be working in. Then met with the guy who would be my boss. The interview was respectful and reflected the work that I would have to be doing.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and unexpected question was this: What do you do in your workplace to have fun. I wasn't sure if they were trying to trick me and get me to say something crazy or if they were just seeing if I would fit the culture.   View Answer
    The pay scales are pretty set, but don't be afraid to tell them what you need.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OrangeSoda in August 2009.

I just think it is dumb that I had to interview. Drive up there like 3 different times for a stupid $8/hour sales job. I had to give a presentation on internet marketing as if I were selling the product. I mean, yeah, have a thorough interview process, but give me a break. Three on site interviews for an $8/hour job. Please.

Online Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OrangeSoda in March 2008.

Had 3 back to back to back 1 on 1 interviews. They are very optimistic and after learning of your skills want to know more about you as a person. Are you dependable, do you get along with others. It is a very laid back culture but they want people that are going to take ownership of their stewardship and work well under pressure and maintain a positive outlook. And YOU MUST KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ONLINE MARKETING.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the table that makes us better?   View Answer
    Be honest in what you are looking for. They do not offer retirement or 401k so bring that up as a point of power in negotiations