Orbital Sciences

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Orbital Sciences.

Interviewed with the Director of Manufacturing Operations, Director of Manufacturing and the Manager of Engineering.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think it will be difficult to transition from commercial manufacturing standards to NASA standards?   View Answer
    They made me an offer but I refused. They then made a counter offer which I accepted.

Configuration Management Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Orbital Sciences.

HR contacted me via telephone and scheduled the interview. I was sent an email containing a job application to complete prior to the interview. The time I requested was was not a problem for the hiring manager. The interview time was only 1.5 hours. The hiring manager and I had prior co-workers in common. With my background in mechanical design and drafting made it easy for us to have a discussion that flowed with no excess question on my behalf.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was needed.

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orbital Sciences in February 2012.

The orbital recruiter scheduled what was billed as a phone interview with a technical lead. However, the phone conversation was actually a 2 hour verbal test. The questions were mainly centered around 30 year old obsolete technology and freshman and sophomore level college material. I was informed that I could only qualify for a lower level position due to the fact that I answered a number of questions incorrectly. I recited answers to the interviewer’s questions almost verbatim from my text books. From my perspective the person conducting the interview appeared to be disorganized and unaware of the proper answers to his own questions. During the process I was not allowed to ask a single question, as a result my questions in regard to company culture, management expectations, engineering processes, available tools, funding, and management style were never addressed. Approximately two days after the test the recruiter followed up with a phone call. During the follow up phone call the recruiter’s interest was limited to my current level of compensation. The recruiter insisted that the interview process would not move forward unless I bared my soul and divulged my financial relationship with my current employer. In the interest of transitioning back into the aerospace industry I relented and supplied the requested information. In addition, I commented on the high cost of living in the Dulles area. The recruiter responded by making the remark that I could easily find someone that would allow me to sleep in their basement when I was not a work. The recruiter ended the conversation with the promise of a follow up phone call within a few days. I of course never heard back from Orbital.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Orbital Sciences in February 2010.

Meeting on campus, flown out to Dulles, spent whole day touring facilities and interviewed with three different people.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orbital Sciences in February 2009.

Chang Han is the recruiter and a most pleasant and helpful man. I interviewed with him and then three engineers. Two asked test questions and all asked typical technical interview questions. Dress is casual, but wear a blazer at least to the interview.