Orbital Sciences

Orbital Sciences Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Orbital Sciences.

Applied for an internship during college. Phone interview with manager was short. Asked background questions and courses taken in college

Interview Questions
  • None. Was asked to expand on certain parts of conversation.   Answer Question
Did not try to negotiate, but certain interns got fringe perks for interning(ie, moving costs covered)

Other Interview Reviews for Orbital Sciences

Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Orbital Sciences.

Informal, met hiring manager for dinner

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orbital Sciences.

Email scheduled for phone interview, phone interview, and then on-site interview at HQ. My resume was talked the entire time, there were questions about what I'd like to do. I believe I was interview for a few positions while I was there, I knew when I walked out at the end of the day that I'd receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think the questions were all that difficult - preparation to talk about in significant detail about everything on my resume was difficult, if anything.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate accommodations for relocation, moving, and other issues with leaving my previous employer - they worked very well with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orbital Sciences in January 2009.

I started at the company as an intern that was at the local university and worked part-time during the school year for about two years. This was basically my interview period. The actual interview for the position was mostly a formality but it was with one of the department managers and he asked a few questions and mostly asked questions about direction within the company and insights that I had gleaned over the two-year internship. For this company, I would definitely recommend interning early if possible as this seems to be the easiest way to get a position and also an easy way to get connected to a lot of the development work they do for young engineers.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the interviewing process was well the management seemed to know one another. The person that interviewed me was from a different department but knew so much about the department I was interviewing for that he had several good comments about the experience and skills needed to do that job.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and my advice to people is to be prepared. Have some searching online through this site and other similar sites to ask the right questions.