Orbital Sciences Senior Principal Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orbital Sciences in February 2012.

The orbital recruiter scheduled what was billed as a phone interview with a technical lead. However, the phone conversation was actually a 2 hour verbal test. The questions were mainly centered around 30 year old obsolete technology and freshman and sophomore level college material. I was informed that I could only qualify for a lower level position due to the fact that I answered a number of questions incorrectly. I recited answers to the interviewer’s questions almost verbatim from my text books. From my perspective the person conducting the interview appeared to be disorganized and unaware of the proper answers to his own questions. During the process I was not allowed to ask a single question, as a result my questions in regard to company culture, management expectations, engineering processes, available tools, funding, and management style were never addressed. Approximately two days after the test the recruiter followed up with a phone call. During the follow up phone call the recruiter’s interest was limited to my current level of compensation. The recruiter insisted that the interview process would not move forward unless I bared my soul and divulged my financial relationship with my current employer. In the interest of transitioning back into the aerospace industry I relented and supplied the requested information. In addition, I commented on the high cost of living in the Dulles area. The recruiter responded by making the remark that I could easily find someone that would allow me to sleep in their basement when I was not a work. The recruiter ended the conversation with the promise of a follow up phone call within a few days. I of course never heard back from Orbital.

Interview Questions