Orbital Sciences

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Gilbert, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Orbital Sciences in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by an engineering manager for the Gilbert location in late November and had the fly-out interview setup by early January. I flew out in mid-January on a Sunday and my interview was on a Monday. I first met with my point of contact and had 5 45-minute interviews before being taken to lunch. Each interview was slightly different depending on the nature of the person. Some people asked questions or talked about what they did and others just sat quietly which forced me to ask about what it is that they do. Some of them looked through my resume and some just wanted me to talk about myself. Through talking with each person, I found something in common with them. It would be an easy experience if you are good at talking. If you are not so good it would likely have been like pulling teeth. I has asked if I could take a tour of the facilities and my POC was glad to adhere. I got to tour the satellite center and look around at projects in progress. I was happy with the interview process.

One thing to comment on, it took 6 weeks and a lot of calls/emails with different people to find out where I was in the process. They told me it was a fluke and that my POC is usually more responsive but until 6 weeks later, I didn't know where they were in the process.

Interview Question – Name a time when you worked with a group or member in which you had a differing of opinion on how the project should go and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Dulles, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Orbital Sciences in February 2010.

Interview Details – Meeting on campus, flown out to Dulles, spent whole day touring facilities and interviewed with three different people.

Interview Question – Tell me about your systems class.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Orbital Sciences

Worked for Orbital Sciences? Contribute to the Community!

Orbital Sciences Videos

Orbital Sciences – Why Work for Us?

Limitless Opportunity Some say the sky is the limit. When it comes to your career at Orbital, there are no limits.We are one of the premier space technology companies in the world, and we have exciting opportunities for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orbital Sciences Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Orbital Sciences employees and interview candidates.