Orbitz Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewing overall was positive! My recruiter was energetic and my Skype interviews were productive. There was a delay though after the interview waiting for results! They went with a internal candidate.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, the first with the HR rep and the second with the hiring manager the position reports to. After the initial phone screening, the HR person sets up a phone call with the hiring manager. We scheduled a 30 minute conversation and the hiring manager called at the expected date and time. The impression I received was that the call went well as after 20 minutes, the hiring manager said she wanted to bring me in for an in person interview and she would talk to HR early the following week to set it up.

Monday, no word. Tuesday, no word. Wednesday, no word. Finally on Thursday I reached out to the original HR contact to see whether there had been a decision - although a decision to move me forward had been conveyed to me, I wasn't sure if HR was aware. HR said they would check with the hiring manager and get back to me. I normally give the hiring team time to respond but when a decision is verbally given to me and there isn't prompt turnaround, that sets off a red flag for me.

Eventually the HR contact calls me on Friday and leaves a voicemail. She states that the hiring manager had decided to move forward with another candidate. Ultimately that is fine, but my ask is to be up front with me. If you as the hiring manager might potentially move forward with someone else, feel free to say you will get back to me. But do not tell me that you want to bring me in and then go back on your word a week later. That's just bad recruiting etiquette.

While this is only representative of one HR contact and one hiring manager, it does sour my impression of Orbitz such that I would be hesitant to apply in the future, especially if I'm dealing with these two individuals.

Interview Question – The questions are typical of a phone screen: share your background and talk me through your resume. There weren't really any difficult questions but if I had to pick one, it would be "tell me about a time you led a team" where the candidate would have to highlight some significant leadership position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – The interview started with a standard phone interview. Then I met with four team members individually. Each asked their own questions including problem solving questions based on reports used during day to day activities of the position. Everyone one was welcoming and asked great questions. After the interview I was asked to complete an online personality test. This was the hardest personality test I have taken as it included problem solving questions. Great communication throughout the interview process.

Interview Question – The most unique parts of the interview were the personality test and problem solving questions during the interview. There is not really way to prepare.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got a mail from recruiter saying he and his hiring manager interested in my profile and scheduled a time. Recruiter called on time, but looked like drunk. Most part he spent comparing orbitz with Amazon and then got into my current salary. He said he will get back in two days for a technical interview, but never did!...

Interview Question – Nothing - Recruiter didn't know about the job and only thing he wanted was expected salary   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – It was 3 rounds,
1.Telephonic/email conversation with Hiring Manager
2. Onsite Interview with Hiring Manager, mostly questions related to my previous experience, and couple of questions on current technical issues in their team
3. HR Interview, Offered

Interview Question – I dint feel anything expected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no Negotiations, they have a standard Pay scale offered for Graduate Students

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in March 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely organized interview process. My recruited gave me very clear instructions and an agenda every time. I went through a technical phone screening, a coding assessment over the weekend and an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Data structure question during the phone screening   Answer Question

Senior UI Engineer Interview

Senior UI Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in February 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely organized interview process. Every time I will have an agenda and very clear instruction what to expect.
Had to go through 4 interviews instead of 3 but worth the time.

Interview Question – Agile questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview Details – Oncampus interview , then a coding test, and finally an onsite interview at their chicago office

Interview Question – Program functions of a brain   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college career fair. On campus interview next day. Then a coding test which is very easy. Then on-site interview involving 2 rounds. Very easy questions but they have a weird way of selecting candidates.

Interview Question – The technical interview is extremely easy. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with the Orbitz team at campus career fair and applied for the position through campus career website. I was short-listed for an on-campus interview 10 days later. The interview was one hour long; 30 mins behavioural and 30 mins Technical. Typical behavioural questions were asked. THe technical questions were completely Data Structures and Java Programming. A week later received a call from HR and was send a programming assignment to submit within 2 days. Then got a call for on-site interview. The interview for 2 hours long with 1 hour behavioural and 1 hour Technical. Be prepared to write code and algorithms. Same 4-5 questions asked for all candidates. There were around 80 candidates from across different Colleges interview for around 20 positions. The rest of the day, the CEO and CTO gave speeches and there was lunch. IT was an all day event.

Interview Question – General Behavioural questions
How can you represent QR Code in a program?
Array manipulation Programs
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orbitz Worldwide

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Orbitz Worldwide Videos

Orbitz Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW) is a leading global online travel company using technology to transform the way consumers around the world plan and purchase travel. Orbitz Worldwide operates the consumer travel planning… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orbitz Worldwide interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 67 interview reviews posted anonymously by Orbitz Worldwide employees and interview candidates.