Orbitz Worldwide

Updated Oct 15, 2014

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

It was 3 rounds,
    1.Telephonic/email conversation with Hiring Manager
    2. Onsite Interview with Hiring Manager, mostly questions related to my previous experience, and couple of questions on current technical issues in their team
    3. HR Interview, Offered

no Negotiations, they have a standard Pay scale offered for Graduate Students

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in March 2014.

Extremely organized interview process. My recruited gave me very clear instructions and an agenda every time. I went through a technical phone screening, a coding assessment over the weekend and an on-site interview.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in February 2014.

I have always heard great things about this company and was really excited when I received an invitation for a phone interview from one of their recruiters. Unfortunately this recruiter completely blew me off. Failed to call me at the time we arranged for my interview, and failed to email me back after several attempts when I tried to follow up. Extremely unprofessional! One would expect the common courtesy of canceling or responding if they are no longer interested.

Senior UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in February 2014.

Extremely organized interview process. Every time I will have an agenda and very clear instruction what to expect.
    Had to go through 4 interviews instead of 3 but worth the time.

Hotel Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in December 2013.

Phone interview went okay until salary was brought up. Although I expressed interest in gaining experience at the company, when I shared the desired range I have found in my research, I was immediately dismissed and the recruiter was NOT interested in anything else I had to say. I was fit for the position so it was a bummer that the recruiter was not friendly and made me feel incompetent.

Interview Questions
    • Current salary/Desired Salary - My desired salary was close to current salary they pay but I was grilled on how my research was incorrect and salary is based off experience of individual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2013.

Applied through university job board, and got an on-campus interview, in which they asked about LCA of two nodes in BST and debugging a code snippet. Then I was given a coding problem which was required to finish within a week. I was invited to onsite interview after that. the onsite interview was about QR code, bloom filter, negative), contiguous
    sequence with the largest sum problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2013.

Applied through college career fair. On campus interview next day. Then a coding test which is very easy. Then on-site interview involving 2 rounds. Very easy questions but they have a weird way of selecting candidates.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview is extremely easy. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2013.

The interview process was extensive, but very positive. I interviewed with three different hiring managers after the recruiting process. However, each interviewer was very clear on explaining the hiring process and I never felt that my time was being wasted.

Interview Questions
    • Orbitz managers will ask you how you would handle specific case scenarios, so be prepared with your answers. They are very concerned about obtaining top talent. I was asked several questions about how I would handle facilities realted emergency scenarios.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was very straightforward. I was asked for my salary requirements at the point of recruiting and I gave them an appropriate range. They are very competitive, so as long as you research the average salary for your position you will be fine. I was provided with a job description from the very first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in October 2013.

Met with the Orbitz team at campus career fair and applied for the position through campus career website. I was short-listed for an on-campus interview 10 days later. The interview was one hour long; 30 mins behavioural and 30 mins Technical. Typical behavioural questions were asked. THe technical questions were completely Data Structures and Java Programming. A week later received a call from HR and was send a programming assignment to submit within 2 days. Then got a call for on-site interview. The interview for 2 hours long with 1 hour behavioural and 1 hour Technical. Be prepared to write code and algorithms. Same 4-5 questions asked for all candidates. There were around 80 candidates from across different Colleges interview for around 20 positions. The rest of the day, the CEO and CTO gave speeches and there was lunch. IT was an all day event.

Interview Questions
    • General Behavioural questions
      How can you represent QR Code in a program?
      Array manipulation Programs
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in October 2013.

Applied through college job fair where I met with some technical person from Orbitz and he asked and inquired about my skills and projects I have done and then took my resume, After almost 3 days, I got a email asking me to schedule a interview with them and was given a range of dates to select from. The interview happened at my university's career center.

Interview Questions
    • The interview started with a behavioral test where I was asked questions such as most difficult time of your life etc.

Then the technical interview started where I was asked questions on Binary trees and search. Heaps. Was given a simple code to debug and a coding question to find some permutations of a given set of numbers.

I was always asked if I knew some concept before asking questions on them and they were alright with me not knowing everything.
        Answer Question