Orbitz Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewing overall was positive! My recruiter was energetic and my Skype interviews were productive. There was a delay though after the interview waiting for results! They went with a internal candidate.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, the first with the HR rep and the second with the hiring manager the position reports to. After the initial phone screening, the HR person sets up a phone call with the hiring manager. We scheduled a 30 minute conversation and the hiring manager called at the expected date and time. The impression I received was that the call went well as after 20 minutes, the hiring manager said she wanted to bring me in for an in person interview and she would talk to HR early the following week to set it up.

Monday, no word. Tuesday, no word. Wednesday, no word. Finally on Thursday I reached out to the original HR contact to see whether there had been a decision - although a decision to move me forward had been conveyed to me, I wasn't sure if HR was aware. HR said they would check with the hiring manager and get back to me. I normally give the hiring team time to respond but when a decision is verbally given to me and there isn't prompt turnaround, that sets off a red flag for me.

Eventually the HR contact calls me on Friday and leaves a voicemail. She states that the hiring manager had decided to move forward with another candidate. Ultimately that is fine, but my ask is to be up front with me. If you as the hiring manager might potentially move forward with someone else, feel free to say you will get back to me. But do not tell me that you want to bring me in and then go back on your word a week later. That's just bad recruiting etiquette.

While this is only representative of one HR contact and one hiring manager, it does sour my impression of Orbitz such that I would be hesitant to apply in the future, especially if I'm dealing with these two individuals.

Interview Question – The questions are typical of a phone screen: share your background and talk me through your resume. There weren't really any difficult questions but if I had to pick one, it would be "tell me about a time you led a team" where the candidate would have to highlight some significant leadership position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – The interview started with a standard phone interview. Then I met with four team members individually. Each asked their own questions including problem solving questions based on reports used during day to day activities of the position. Everyone one was welcoming and asked great questions. After the interview I was asked to complete an online personality test. This was the hardest personality test I have taken as it included problem solving questions. Great communication throughout the interview process.

Interview Question – The most unique parts of the interview were the personality test and problem solving questions during the interview. There is not really way to prepare.   Answer Question

Technology Recruiter Interview

Technology Recruiter

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – Initial conversation was a 30 minute interview with hiring manager. Conversation consisted of background, current team environment, and gaps currently on team. Onsite interview was extensive half day interview process. Met with entire team and went thoroughly into background and current work environment. Very evenly balanced interview to where you get to ask a lot of questions.

Interview Question – Experience working with international placements.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – Racist.

I was sent the interview schedule a day in advance but on the day of the interview everything changed. The people supposed to interview were either absent or didn't have enough time. The HR person who welcomed me was very cool but the first interviewer(the one with the big ears, no disrespect.) seemed like she walked into the room with her mind made up.

The person interviewing me was not even slightly interested in process it self and this was conveyed in four ways
1. Chatting on the computer while talking to me.
2. Looking at the watch constantly .
3. One of the people supposed to interview me didn't even show up.
4. Looking at their cell phones throughout the interview.

This is sad because I had to I take the whole afternoon off from work for this and I didn't expect to be treated this way.

Later when I did get the feedback from HR they cooked up an answer telling me, that I had said, during the interview I was not interested in this kind of job and that I had no incentive to be working here (which I frankly never did). At least be honest guys!

I guess they expect people in management roles to look a certain way. You can see it around. Management is all Caucasian and technology is all Asians.

More emphasis on immediate appearance than on underlying form.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for orbitz?   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect

I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – HR was Very welcoming and professional.
The people who took the interview completely lacked originality. Instead of focusing on technical question they focused on behavioral questions and ask template questions like why do you wanna work for orbitz.
They were quite disorganized. If they give you an opportunity to ask questions, they expect you to ask a lot of different questions. They cant stand the fact that you ask same question for 10 different people who interviewed you.
Even technical questions were so disorganized. A single scenario question that had too many low level details and too many high level details that you can talk about hours and still wont finish.
I have taken 100 of interviews myself and successfully built big technical teams with awesome and talented people who produced results , but never asked them question that are so out dated and bear no resemblance to the job description.

Interview Question – Nothing . Most of the were behavioral crap questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got a mail from recruiter saying he and his hiring manager interested in my profile and scheduled a time. Recruiter called on time, but looked like drunk. Most part he spent comparing orbitz with Amazon and then got into my current salary. He said he will get back in two days for a technical interview, but never did!...

Interview Question – Nothing - Recruiter didn't know about the job and only thing he wanted was expected salary   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – It was 3 rounds,
1.Telephonic/email conversation with Hiring Manager
2. Onsite Interview with Hiring Manager, mostly questions related to my previous experience, and couple of questions on current technical issues in their team
3. HR Interview, Offered

Interview Question – I dint feel anything expected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no Negotiations, they have a standard Pay scale offered for Graduate Students

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide

Interview Details – The interview itself wasn't so much hard as it was an endurance test, talking to 7 people in 5 hours, not counting personnel. A list of interviewers was provided in advance, which was good for preparation, but for various legitimate reasons, the actual lineup of interviewers only had 3 of the original 7. It threw me off my game plan, but that's my bad. Doing it again, I would not be as focused on researching the individuals in my preparations, knowing that could change by the time of the interview.

Interview Question – No real brainteasers. A lot of behavioral-type questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in March 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely organized interview process. My recruited gave me very clear instructions and an agenda every time. I went through a technical phone screening, a coding assessment over the weekend and an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Data structure question during the phone screening   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orbitz Worldwide

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Orbitz Worldwide Videos

Orbitz Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW) is a leading global online travel company using technology to transform the way consumers around the world plan and purchase travel. Orbitz Worldwide operates the consumer travel planning… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orbitz Worldwide interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Orbitz Worldwide employees and interview candidates.