Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in December 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 phone calls. One from HR for screening, and then one with someone on the team regarding the position. For the first call, the recruiter was late to call by a half hour, and did not acknowledge that at all. She seemed disinterested, and was not very engaging, though she was still much better than the second call I went through. The person on the second call did not introduce herself, explain her role, or even explain the position until I asked her. She wasn't very friendly and seemed cocky. She said that I would get a follow-up writing test, but at this point I am incredibly disinterested in the position and will not be proceeding. I have no idea how this place gets on Best Places to Work lists...Chicago workplaces must have VERY low standards.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just an incredibly unfriendly experience   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process I was involved in fell during the holiday break for the company so my process was longer than I think it takes for others. I really enjoyed it - gave me a great perspective of all the people I would interact with on a regular basis and their expectations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Company's Culture Night->School's job fair->Code Test->Onsite
    Before the onsite, there will be a big bowling game night. In the interviewing day, there will be special guests to give you a speech, There will be two parts of interview, one is tech test, another is behavior test.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and was moved along to a hiring manager next in the retail analytics department after finding about the work I have done and also my academic projects.

Interview Questions

• I thought the manager was not much interested in taking the interview. She started by saying it would take only a few minutes and to my suprise it was for only 4 minutes which included mostly introduction. Still, I tried relating the projects I have done with the job responisibilities for an extra ten minutes and all I got was a good and a thanks for taking the time out for the interview.
      I felt it was very unfair as I had all the minimum requirements

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday, HR Phone interview on Friday, Hiring manager phone interview on Monday, in person interview on Friday (5 one-on-one interviews back-to-back). Received offer following Tuesday. Entire process was 15 days from applying to receiving offer. Personality test as well as technical/job related skills test. It was a very intense process, but overall I found it to be positive and generally pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about the website, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Give the employer my resume on campus job fair
    2. On campus interview two weeks later on Tuesday (behavior and coding)
    3. Coding test the same week on weekends
    4. Onsite interview two weeks later on Friday (coding and behavior)
    5. Received offer the same day of onsite interview
    Overall, those people are really nice, they will give you some hints if you get stuck, behavior questions are really open, you should express yourself and show you your passion

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult, but very good question.
      On campus interview: rotation direction when in north pole, transcript a decimal number to binary number, test if a height-balanced BST, reconstruct to be a high-balanced BST, difficulty encountered
      Coding test: airports questions, basically graph problems, Dijkstra's algorithm and DFS
      Onsite interview: find angle difference of a time, triangle overlap, code optimization, implement hashtable insert and retrival, your goal, most stressed time, your favorite language, your project

Answer Question

Actually, I have not decided yet.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Champaign, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had an on campus interview. The interview was 2-on-1. There was an engineer and an HR personnel present. Aside from the typical questions about goals and resume, most of the questions were technical in nature. Questions were: checking if a BST is balanced or not. There was one brain teaser which I found weird. Nothing too difficult.

Overall typical experience. Except they never bothered to let me know that they will not be moving forward with the process. Thoroughly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How to check if a BST is balanced?   Answer Question
    • Find the base-10 representation of a number.   Answer Question
    • If you look at the earth from the north pole top down, which way is the earth spinning, clockwise or counter-clockwise?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2014.

Interview

Was standing in line for another company at our university career fair when a couple of Orbitz recruiters walked through the line asking for resumes. Having extra copies on hand, I gave the recruiter one (never decline opportunities when you're looking for one!). A few weeks later, I was granted an on-campus interview. On-campus interview consisted of a few behavioral questions and 3 standard technical coding questions that tested you on CS fundamentals (data structures and algorithms) and was conducted by a product manager and a software engineer. A week later, I was sent an e-mail for a coding assessment. The coding assessment tested you on CS fundamentals, but focused on graph searching. Orbitz gave 2 days on the coding assessment. About a week later, I was invited for an on-site interview. From the information I received, Orbitz pays for travel costs and hotel accommodations, but candidates are required to arrange for their own travel. However, I already had a job offer from a company I liked better and had a more competitive compensation package (based on what I know from Glassdoor's posted averages for Orbitz), so I declined the on-site interview request.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected behavioral: "If you were on Mars, what would be 3 items you would want to have and why?" (This was unexpected but fun!)

The technical questions weren't particularly challenging; you just had to have a good handle on the fundamentals.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview

Phone interviews, In person interviews - behavior interview with 2 managers and technical interview from 2 technical staff. HR interview finally. After all interviews are done, sometimes decisions are giving within the same hour or end of the day same day. Their is also a coding written tests, which you are write in any language of your preference, syntax is not important, the coding style and logic is given more weightage.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were around my previous work and projects. Lot of white boarding and data structures question. Some questions also around basic Java understanding as I was almost the entry level engineer interview at the time.   Answer Question

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview

Applied over a weekend, got an email from HR the following Tuesday, set up a call for that day. The next day, they contacted me to set up an interview with the hiring manager for the next week. Met with the manager, had a great conversation, and got asked to come in for face-to-face. Met first with HR, then the hiring manager I had already spoken to, then a VP, then two product managers. One of the people (a GM) was not available that day, so talked to her the next day over the phone. Got the offer the next week. Everyone was very friendly, clearly smart.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward stuff - when was a time you had to learn something from the inside out to solve a problem.   Answer Question