Orbitz Worldwide

75 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Management Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth. The recruiting team was quick to follow-up and very transparent during the entire process. The process moved much quicker than I've experienced with other organizations which was great since I was ready to make a move!

Interview Question – All the interviewers really drilled into my past work experience. They do a good job to make the interview as conversational as possible, but be prepared to speak to your own experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – 1 phone conversation, 2 rounds of 3-4 interviews.

Interview Question – Technical and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Vice President - Procurement & Real Estate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter; 45minute phone conversation w/CFO (my manager-to-be); 4-1hr sessions with various members of Orbitz's Senior Leadership Team; 2-1hr sessions with folks that would be my direct reports, 1 from Proc & 1 from Real Estate; 1hr session with CEO
Got a great feel for what folks were looking for in filling this role & a good glimpse into the character / culture of Orbitz

Interview Question – Probing questions re: the thesis I wrote in college   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2012.

Interview Details – I found the interview and hiring process to be well organized. After my initial phone interview, I was invited to the office to meet with a committee of interviewers. I was sent an email with excellent directions for getting to the building and what to do once I arrived. In this email, I was also able to see a list of each person I'd be speaking with, as well as the amount of time alloted. At the office, I waited briefly before being greeted by an HR recruiter. While waiting, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of all employees that walked past me. The recruiter escorted me to a conference room and immediately offered me bottled water. Over the course of about 4-5 hours, I spoke with a total of 6 people and felt that each person seemed excited and passionate about the company and the position.

Interview Question – One of the people who interviewed me asked what I already knew about the travel industry. My experience, at the time, was solely from my personal leisure travel. The position I was applying for was in corporate travel, so there were definitely gaps in my knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on the bonus structure of the position, I was told there was no room for negotiation on the base salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in December 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview (with HR who had no idea about the coding questions she was asking)
coding project
phone interview with Software Engineer- some technical questions which were pretty basic- he asked very few questions about the coding project (first scheduled phone interviewer was a no-show!!)
onsite interview - 1 behavior session, 1 technical session, break, talk with team leads about possible groups you'd be joining
Offer received 3 days later

Interview Question – none! They were all pretty easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not very flexible for negotiating- offer was bare minimum of what I expected/would accept

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in February 2013.

Interview Details – I felt the interview process was pretty easy.

1. I had an initial HR interview asking me to tell about myself, salary expectations etc.
2. After a couple of days, had a phone interview with the hiring manager where we went over my resume, work culture at Orbitz, a few technical questions etc
3. After a week, got scheduled for in-house interview in Chicago HQ. I had 1:1 with the hiring manager asking typically for behavioral questions. Had 2 technical interview with 2 developers/QA each interview.
4. Interview ended with the HR asking about the interview process and next steps.

A week later I got the job offer, was given 48 hrs to say yes/no. Overall it was a very good interview experience.

Negotiation Details – I was happy with what I got.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide

Interview Details – Test coding, tech and behavioral interviews. Nothing unexpected.

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – I got a call for a phone interview. Spoke to person in charge of department about 5 minutes. He told me about the job and asked very little about my experience. I was told I would hear back for next step. I never heard back not even an email.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in October 2012.

Interview Details – Overall process is very quick if you don't have visa transfer process and all.
Got a call from Tech recruiter within couple of days of applying through employee referral.
Set up a time for telephone interview within couple of days
1. Telephone interview - past work exp, basics of algorithms, data structures (BTree, BFS, DFS), spring, basic patterns, design a datastructure for deck of cards game, what are my interests. I didn't recall/brushed some of the data structures which I had not used anytime in 9 years of my IT exp. Not sure if I anyone can remember everything unless you have used it recently.
2.Weekend code assement. Develop an application with a given set of business rules and couple of nice to have rules. I did well with all Junit, performance testing, thread safety to show that I am well rounded engineer. Off course this is where you can make your code speak your skills.
3.Onsite Personal Behaviour Interview 1 hour. Tests the level of enthu, interest and energy you have. Recollect best and worst experience why and when. How things work of orbitz. They test if you are a orbitz cultural fit.
4.Onsite Personal Technical Interview 1 hour. This was little rough since I had not brushed up some datastructure like linkedhashmap complexity. All questions were design challenges. Like how do you design a system, One was about Executor framework other was designing a caching system. I guess the interviewers had recently done some cache design and they just
5. After step 3 and 4 there was a group manager interview where he asked about scaling a system and then actual team manager you are joining would interview you.

Interview Question – Core datastructures and algorithms complexities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It went up and down both for position as well as compensation. Position finally offered was what I wanted, but compensation was 3 to 5 % less than what I asked for. However I was desperately looking for a change with my Visa constraints and all where Orbitz made the best decision. End of the day I was happy.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in December 2012.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume after finding the job posting on Monster.com. About a week later I received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. After the initial interview with the recruiter, I had a second phone interview with the director of the e-commerce fraud department. During that conversation, we set up a face to face.

A few days before the interview I was sent an itinerary for the day. The interview in total was about 3-4 hours. It consisted of 4 separate meet and greets. The first was with 2 current Fraud Analysts, the second with a supervisor, the third was face to face with the director, and the fourth was another analyst, all about 45 mins - an hour.

The next morning I was contacted by the recruiter who was offering me the position. About 5 days later after sending in my signed offer I was mailed a mandatory drug test. Start date was about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Question – The questions were very laid back and more of a friendly atmosphere as opposed to a formal interview. I was asked to name the capitals of certain countries, what I like to do for fun, my analyzing style, if i was tech savvy (knowledgeable on search engines, facebook, twitter etc).   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orbitz Worldwide