Orbitz Worldwide

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewing overall was positive! My recruiter was energetic and my Skype interviews were productive. There was a delay though after the interview waiting for results! They went with a internal candidate.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview Details – Racist.

I was sent the interview schedule a day in advance but on the day of the interview everything changed. The people supposed to interview were either absent or didn't have enough time. The HR person who welcomed me was very cool but the first interviewer(the one with the big ears, no disrespect.) seemed like she walked into the room with her mind made up.

The person interviewing me was not even slightly interested in process it self and this was conveyed in four ways
1. Chatting on the computer while talking to me.
2. Looking at the watch constantly .
3. One of the people supposed to interview me didn't even show up.
4. Looking at their cell phones throughout the interview.

This is sad because I had to I take the whole afternoon off from work for this and I didn't expect to be treated this way.

Later when I did get the feedback from HR they cooked up an answer telling me, that I had said, during the interview I was not interested in this kind of job and that I had no incentive to be working here (which I frankly never did). At least be honest guys!

I guess they expect people in management roles to look a certain way. You can see it around. Management is all Caucasian and technology is all Asians.

More emphasis on immediate appearance than on underlying form.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for orbitz?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by the recruiter for over the phone screening. About a week later got an email from someone at the company inviting me for on site interview with 4 people. The interviewers were all very nice and they mostly asked behavioral questions. How do you deal with situation when... and the like. Overall, it seems like there are lot of smart people working there and from what I could tell it is pleasant place to work. Unfortunately, it has been few weeks and I have never heard back from anyone at the company. Emailed the recruiter to ask about the decision but got no response. That is the only aspect of the interview that they handled unprofessionally.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Product Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR and with the hiring manager. Then, met in person with the hiring manager and the product team. Spent time with four people over a half-day. Questions consisted of a mix of personality and skill assessment. The team was closely knit but diverse in their interests. Office was well appointed and offered many ways for employees to recharge.

Interview Question – Please detail your DMAIC project.   Answer Question

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!