Orbixa Engineering Interview Questions

2.5

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Orbixa in December 2011.

Applied online long time ago, took more two weeks to get an interview notice via phone. In office interviewed by two interviewers. First answered pre-set questions about 12 totally, then took a skills test for about 40 mins.

Other Interview Reviews for Orbixa

Engineering Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Orbixa in December 2010.

It was not as bad as I expected from other postings, but reading these postings prepared me well and I did not have some high expectations.
    The first part was a panel interview with two persons, some personal and basic technical questions.
    The second part is short test for basic SQL and some additional basic technical questions.
    For every candidate given about 10 minutes for in person interview and as much as you need for test part (all candidates write together in same room).
    The agenda of the company that they are not filtering Resumes so there are lot candidates one after second, I think they should do basic filtering in order to prevent wasting of candidates and their time.
    Some observation - the walls there painted in red and blue colors and frame of the doors in yellow - the gives some depressing atmosphere.

Some advice about the interview - if you are going there - just recall your knowledge about basic SQL statements.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orbixa in August 2010.

I was intrigued by their posting on Craigslist, which boasted "terrific benefits and perquisites, including free beverages, breakfast, lunch, and registered massage therapist treatment on site". About two days after I sent my resume I was called for a skills test at their Yonge & St. Clair location. When I got there I couldn't help but feel that this was a very secretive work environment. People were coming in every 10 to 15 minutes to sign in and wait for their turn to take the test. There was a pretty big pile of resumes on the front desk (which apparently also serves as an HR desk) in the lobby. In other words, they don't seem to have much in the way of a resume screening process.

The skills test consisted of SQL, C++ and MFC questions. The C++ part was very basic. However, this was a Unix development position, and needless to say a Unix developer is very unlikely to be an MFC guru. Not to mention MFC was not on the list of desired skills in the job posting. Instead, Qt knowledge would be considered an asset. Why bother with MFC questions then? MFC and Qt are two very different APIs. The SQL questions were fairly advanced for a development position in my opinion; they would have been fair game for a DBA position.

In any case, I thought that a better screening process would have saved the company and the candidates a lot of time. Trivial, junior-level C++ questions should be asked on the phone as part of the initial screening process.

The room where they had me take the test was pretty depressing. It looked like a trading room, there were two or three employees in the room, talking and watching BNN on a wall/ceiling mounted TV. The volume was quite loud and I thought it was very inconsiderate to have candidates take a skills test in that area. The chairs were garbage as well.

They called me the next morning at 9 AM to schedule an on-site interview. I declined the invitation to interview.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Orbixa in July 2010.

I first got a basic skill test with SQL, C++ and MFC questions. Then I was called for a 1:1 interview with the IT manager and Technical Staff. IT manager asked unexpected questions and the Technical Staff asked detailed questions about C++ performance with templates, virtual function pointers, etc. Those questions might sound difficult, but if you google C++ performance, read the first link, you will know all they want. I wish I had read the link before the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Why should use template classes instead of regular object oriented classes?   Answer Question