Orchard Supply Hardware

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.1

Stocking Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware.

It was a two interview. The first one was with one of the Assistant Manager. She had ask me very common questions in my opinion. When it was time for me to ask questions she was very open and honest. The second Interview was with the Store Manager. That interview was a little longer and more detailed. Plus he was very encurageing with some of the questions that I've ask like about promotions.

Cashier Orchard Supply Interview

1 on 1 with the manager. Ask generic customer service and situation questions.
    Just want to know you have some customer service skills. As long as you are a live body, they will use you since they have high turnover rate.

offered min. wage

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in July 2014.

i applied online and their HR specialist called me next morning. Nothing special, just the basic behavior questions i.e. what's you strength and weakness, why would you like to work for this company, etc. and also went through my resume.

Pick-up Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moraga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moraga, CA

The interview process was fairly simple. You will receive a call from the manager to set up a time to interview. They will bring you in and ask you some pretty standard questions about past experience, why you chose OSH, and a few situational questions. After you're hired they will have you take a brief test on the computer. A lot of common sense questions about safety. There is also a mandatory urine test.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the question: "Why do you want to work at OSH?" Not a difficult question, but it may make you rethink your decision to work at a hardware store.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware.

Applied online and store manager contacted me within about a month and we set up an appointment at the OSH store I applied to. Asked me few personal questions and previous work experience. I only have worked at my family's small business for a few years (unpaid) which I guess why I didn't get the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How many sick days a year do you think an employee should have?

Answer Question

Cashier Orchard Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in April 2013.

It was a very smooth ride. Very straight forward questions, and very honest managers when it came to the chances of getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions to my experience were hard, pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in February 2013.

Very polished! They talk a very god game in the beginning and make you want to be part of their team.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over everyone else here?   View Answer
    Very brief. I asked for a higher starting salary and they gave me higher than normal but not enough to be comfortable.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in January 2013.

Entire group was lied to about how important they were to the company and that they had a future with them.

Interview Questions
    Part time leading into Full time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in June 2012.

I applied online and received a phone call within a few days to come in for an interview. When I got there I was told to wait in the employee lounge. An employee that was there told me they had been interveiwing people left and right for the past week. The lady I interviewed with was super nice and not intimidating at all. She asked me basic questions about my past work experience and what I knew about the company. She told me that there would be conflicts with my schedule because they needed someone to work afternoons, and I had classes. They were atleast courteous enough to send an email a few days later saying they had hired someone else, most places just leave you hanging for weeks until you call and check in.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in May 2012.

Very smooth process, interviewed with Assistant Manager, then a few days later with Store Manager. Hired, Drug Tested, Onboarding paperwork, then working to prepare for a No-tax Holiday weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Would I back the Manager in is store operations.   View Answer
    Asked for an amount and there was a counter, wasn't too off, so accepted