Orchard Supply Hardware

Relevance Date Difficulty

GL Accountant Interview

GL Accountant
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in July 2014.

Interview Details – i applied online and their HR specialist called me next morning. Nothing special, just the basic behavior questions i.e. what's you strength and weakness, why would you like to work for this company, etc. and also went through my resume.

Interview Question – Everything looks very common.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very polished! They talk a very god game in the beginning and make you want to be part of their team.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over everyone else here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very brief. I asked for a higher starting salary and they gave me higher than normal but not enough to be comfortable.

Pick-up Associate Interview

Pick-up Associate
Moraga, CA

Interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. You will receive a call from the manager to set up a time to interview. They will bring you in and ask you some pretty standard questions about past experience, why you chose OSH, and a few situational questions. After you're hired they will have you take a brief test on the computer. A lot of common sense questions about safety. There is also a mandatory urine test.

Interview Question – Probably the question: "Why do you want to work at OSH?" Not a difficult question, but it may make you rethink your decision to work at a hardware store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Clayton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very smooth process, interviewed with Assistant Manager, then a few days later with Store Manager. Hired, Drug Tested, Onboarding paperwork, then working to prepare for a No-tax Holiday weekend.

Interview Question – Would I back the Manager in is store operations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked for an amount and there was a counter, wasn't too off, so accepted

Cashier Orchard Supply Interview

Cashier Orchard Supply
Woodland, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very smooth ride. Very straight forward questions, and very honest managers when it came to the chances of getting the job.

Interview Question – none of the questions to my experience were hard, pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware.

Interview Details – Applied online and store manager contacted me within about a month and we set up an appointment at the OSH store I applied to. Asked me few personal questions and previous work experience. I only have worked at my family's small business for a few years (unpaid) which I guess why I didn't get the job offer.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?
How many sick days a year do you think an employee should have?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in January 2013.

Interview Details – Entire group was lied to about how important they were to the company and that they had a future with them.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Part time leading into Full time.

Plumbing Associate Interview

Plumbing Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple, first he asked why I applied there. Then he asked what departments I knew about, my previous experience in retail, and if I would later be interested in management. He talked to me a few minutes about customer service and selling, and the specific job I would be doing. Then asked how much I expected.

Interview Question – No question was difficult, but it helps to know what you are going to talk about related to your knowledge of a specific department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what I was recently offered at another job interview, and he offered an extra $0.50 above. I accepted and was hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in July 2008.

Interview Details – Two inteviews process one for hiring qualifications and experience follow by position with salary.

Interview Question – What assets will you bring to our company?
Do you like public service?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and fair.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in May 2008.

Interview Details – i got inerviewed with normal questions and the interviewer was listening to me and place me in the position i fit in the best.. the hiring process wass short maybe 30 minutes. just one person interview me then i had to wait a few more days to see if i am hired.

Interview Question – it was an easy process for me in my opinion   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orchard Supply Hardware

Worked for Orchard Supply Hardware? Contribute to the Community!