Oreck Interview Questions

3.2

Store Manager Interview

It was over the phone with the district manager.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oreck in August 2012.

Received a call and scheduled a phone interview which was supposed to last 30 minutes. Then talked to the recruiter who interrupted the call once to take another call and called me back afterwards. he asked a bunch of random questions. Starting with my recent experience, then going on about motivating employees, dealing with customers, dealing with supervisors, scheduling. She asked me about my salary expectation which was higher than what they usually pay. She told me to think about it and that she would call me back which she never did. Interview lasted 50 minutes.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oreck in October 2011.

Oreck sounds like a good place to work. Oreck is one of the few vacuum cleaner / home small appliance companies that have manufacturing in the US. The people who interviewed me were nice and punctual. The questions they asked were reasonable. They had some comments about me being overqualified for the position, since they were looking for an entry level engineer.

Interview Questions
    • As far as I remember they asked me about previous experience in engineering.   Answer Question
    • They asked me about previous experience in manufacturing.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oreck in August 2011.

All hiring and applications are done on the Internet like most companies prefer now. The process was pretty simple, upload your resume, fill out your work history and put down references. If interested the company will schedule a phone interview and evaluate you over the phone. If this goes well there will be in person interview with one person from the floor and a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are all relevant but if your going into sales, you will probably get the " I am your customer and I want you to sell me this pen" scenario.   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiation on salary you get minimum wage plus commission. But if you do well you can make $60,000 to $80'000. If you do extremely well.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oreck in September 2010.

I interviewed for a quality auditor job from within.Interviewed by quality manager a two quality engineers. I have had years of experience in quality at other companies. Was never given a reason for not getting the job .They just tell you that you didn't get the job. Most different company that I have ever worked for.

Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oreck in February 2009.

plenty of different interviews with different managers

This phase was very good