Oregano's Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

1.2

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oregano's in November 2012.

Best way to apply is bring in a completed application between 2-4, Mon-Thurs so that you can at least meet a manager when they're not busy. When I arrived the person I was scheduled to see wasn't expecting me because I had made the appointment with one of the four managers at that location. A disorganized hiccup, but otherwise the interview was pretty strait forward and easy.

Interview Questions
    Was hired on the spot. Asked to come for orientation in a few days.

Hostes Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Oregano's in June 2013.

very easy, people are very friendly, still waitting to get called back.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Oregano's in January 2012.

It really wasn't a huge affair. I had a friend working there, so I decided to drop an application off. I was working elsewhere as a seasonal hire during this time, so I was pretty tired and still dressed for my other job when I was interviewed. We sat in the front room and a couple of different managers came over and asked me questions. It was the usual "where do you see yourself in five years?" and "why do you want to work for Oregano's/how did you hear about the job?" The managers left to go do something, and a waitress came up and talked to me. They thanked me for coming, and then about a day or two later, I got a call from them telling me to choose a training day. I thought it was kind of weird that they never officially said "you got the job," but I guess getting called into training works just as well!

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. They asked me "how are you?" and I answered "tired." Not too pressured! I guess the most difficult question was "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer
    They just called me and told me to come in during the next week to learn about the job position/employee handbook.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paradise Valley, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paradise Valley, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Oregano's in April 2010.

They go from hiring outside to promoting from with in, no real reason.

Interview Questions
    they offered I countered and we met in middle.

Busser Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Oregano's in May 2011.

I walked in during normal hours for applying at restaurants (2-4PM Monday-Thursday). I requested an application, filled it out in the restaurant and asked if a manager was available to speak with. I was interviewed on the spot. Questions were basic: past experience, student status, etc, to get a feel for my personality, which is really what most restaurants take heavily into consideration. I was asked to schedule a day for training and I got the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregano's

Worked for Oregano's? Contribute to the Community!