Oregano's Interview Questions

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregano's

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregano's (Goodyear, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview prior to the restaurant being finished built. Interviewed in the parking lot. Turned in my application and had on the spot interview. Was told I would be called starting the following week. A month later and still nothing. The manager spent 5 minutes with me where the previous interviewee he spent over 20 minutes. I felt having over 15 years of customer service plus extensive restaurant training working in a fine dining restaurant would qualify me to work in a pizza place but I guess not.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a day of non stop Business?   1 Answer
    • How much time do you spend at a table?   1 Answer

Hostes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oregano's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

very easy, people are very friendly, still waitting to get called back.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oregano's in November 2012.

Interview

Best way to apply is bring in a completed application between 2-4, Mon-Thurs so that you can at least meet a manager when they're not busy. When I arrived the person I was scheduled to see wasn't expecting me because I had made the appointment with one of the four managers at that location. A disorganized hiccup, but otherwise the interview was pretty strait forward and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was hired on the spot. Asked to come for orientation in a few days.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oregano's (Mesa, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

It really wasn't a huge affair. I had a friend working there, so I decided to drop an application off. I was working elsewhere as a seasonal hire during this time, so I was pretty tired and still dressed for my other job when I was interviewed. We sat in the front room and a couple of different managers came over and asked me questions. It was the usual "where do you see yourself in five years?" and "why do you want to work for Oregano's/how did you hear about the job?" The managers left to go do something, and a waitress came up and talked to me. They thanked me for coming, and then about a day or two later, I got a call from them telling me to choose a training day. I thought it was kind of weird that they never officially said "you got the job," but I guess getting called into training works just as well!

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. They asked me "how are you?" and I answered "tired." Not too pressured! I guess the most difficult question was "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just called me and told me to come in during the next week to learn about the job position/employee handbook.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paradise Valley, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oregano's (Paradise Valley, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

They go from hiring outside to promoting from with in, no real reason.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered I countered and we met in middle.

Busser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregano's in May 2011.

Interview

I walked in during normal hours for applying at restaurants (2-4PM Monday-Thursday). I requested an application, filled it out in the restaurant and asked if a manager was available to speak with. I was interviewed on the spot. Questions were basic: past experience, student status, etc, to get a feel for my personality, which is really what most restaurants take heavily into consideration. I was asked to schedule a day for training and I got the job.