Oregon Home and Energy
Oregon Home and Energy Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
Outside Sales Representative Interview (Negative Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Oregon Home and Energy in July 2012.
Interview Details – Call number via Craigslist/ Oregonian AD. Meet with Owner outside Portland Airport. Spend 30 minutes listening to him chat it up. Refuses to answer any questions you ask him.
Interview Question – How much money do you have in your checking account? Are you a Conservative and do you believe in God? Answer Question
Reason for Declining – Insanely invasive questions. Appears to be a bogus company. The interview was a joke. Their website doesn't work. They don't provided paid training or a gas tab. Wanted me to use my money to grow them in PDX? This is why he asked what I had in savings! I'd recommend anyone looking to stay away from these clowns.
Very Easy Interview
Outside Sales Representative Interview (Neutral Experience; Very Easy Interview)
The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oregon Home and Energy.
Interview Details – A: You call number in Boise, ID of Sales Manager.
B: He'll schedule a time to fly from Boise to Portland in some run down Airport Hotel to meet people.
C: He'll talk and talk and talk. I determined this is to dodge folks from asking questions about the company.
Ask him hard questions like:
1) Why doesn't Oregon Home and Energy pay at least minimum wage during training?
2) Why doesn't the company pay each outside rep a minimal gas tab considering the company is in Idaho, not Oregon and not established?
3) Why does he expect new reps to use their own money for a company that is based out of Boise and not established in Portland?
4) Demand to see their Oregon Contractor's license. Fact is -- they don't have one.
5) Why are there so many bad reviews online? Folks just don't vomit on a company unless things are really, really bad.
6) Why doesn't the phone number and e-mail even work on the Oregon Home and Energy website?
Interview Question – 0 Hard Questions. Answer Question