Oregon State Police Interview Questions in Salem, OR

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregon State Police

Office Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oregon State Police (Salem, OR).

Interview

After the posting closed, two weeks later I received a call to interview (4 person panel interview). It went great and felt like a very professional team to work with, my questions were answered and they all seemed to be enthusiastic about the work that they do which is great. Two weeks after my interview, I was called in to get fingerprints (part of the background check). Within 4 weeks of the date of the interview, I was called with an offer to hire.

After being with the company for some time now, I have nothing but positive things to say. Hard work pays off, great employees to work with, supervisors are amazing and so talented. If you are looking to advance yourself in a law enforcement field, this is the area you should get into.

Interview Questions

• They give you a list of questions 15 minutes prior to your interview, you know what is expected and there are no reasons why you should be nervous. It's about presenting yourself and finding out if you are a good fit for their dept as well as if the job is what you are looking for as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting pay is not negotiable as you work yourself up the ladder. Six month probation period is required because of the intense training period to learn the entire system/protocols.

IT Desktop Support IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oregon State Police (Salem, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview with 5 to 7 people in a tag team of questions. They don't provide the 15 minutes prior to review the questions as the other organizations do. Police officer resides over the interview and intimidated me with his nonverbal communication.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, but that was because I needed work immediately.

Trooper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oregon State Police (Salem, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

Panel interview with multiple interviewers and interviewees. Not as competitive as I expected, as they tried not to use the same quesiton for multiple candidates.

Military Deployment