Oregon State Police

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregon State Police

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Office Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oregon State Police.

After the posting closed, two weeks later I received a call to interview (4 person panel interview). It went great and felt like a very professional team to work with, my questions were answered and they all seemed to be enthusiastic about the work that they do which is great. Two weeks after my interview, I was called in to get fingerprints (part of the background check). Within 4 weeks of the date of the interview, I was called with an offer to hire.

After being with the company for some time now, I have nothing but positive things to say. Hard work pays off, great employees to work with, supervisors are amazing and so talented. If you are looking to advance yourself in a law enforcement field, this is the area you should get into.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a list of questions 15 minutes prior to your interview, you know what is expected and there are no reasons why you should be nervous. It's about presenting yourself and finding out if you are a good fit for their dept as well as if the job is what you are looking for as well.   Answer Question
    The starting pay is not negotiable as you work yourself up the ladder. Six month probation period is required because of the intense training period to learn the entire system/protocols.

Trooper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Oregon State Police in June 2009.

Panel interview with multiple interviewers and interviewees. Not as competitive as I expected, as they tried not to use the same quesiton for multiple candidates.

Military Deployment