Oregon State University Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

osu does panel/group interviews so you will be in a conference room with 3 to 6 people who would be your managers, peers/coworkers, or customers(from another department), then background/criminal check, fingerprint check, a long process.

difficulty depends on which questions, interviewed for several accounting positions - some felt easy and comfortable but others felt tense and sweaty! Some I didn't get and others I am still waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• standard/normal questions as well as behavioral questions, be prepared with examples of how you handled situations in previous jobs, ex. mistake you make in previous job, if you were helping a customer and your phone rang, what would you do?, what do you do to meet multiple deadlines if you don't have the information or knowledge to complete them in time? what did you like/dislike about your previous job and/or manager's style...   Answer Question

Coordinator of Study Abroad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oregon State University (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 3 part, 2.5 hour interview. I met in the office I'd be working in with 2 other employees and a student employee. They asked specific questions about my experience and why I was applying. The second part was with the direct supervisor. She spent a lot of the time explaining what the job entailed and allowing me to ask questions of her. The third part was with the dean, and it seemed like his portion was more just so that he could meet the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Why are you specifically applying for this temporary, reduced-hours position?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted and scheduled for an interview shortly after application close date. Only about 20 min interview, basic questions. Panel was very friendly and made it more discussion based. Really wanted to get to know me as a person and understand my personality. Position is for students, so they weren't worried about formal experience, but rather leadership experience in organizations.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to make your events diverse and welcoming to all students and community members   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

the process was very easy. I just had couple meetings with my supervisor, some normal questions related to the job and then he asked a little bit about my experience and he was mostly checking my interest on the job to see if really like the position or just I needed it. and after a few days they offered the position to me.

Sexual Violence Prevention Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

first I had a phone interview with the entire hiring committee. Then about two weeks later I went down to Corvallis for an in person interview. I was asked to prepare a presentation. They put me up in a hotel for the night before.
    The day before my interview the chair of the hiring committee called to confirm a time to pick me up in the morning. At that time, I was first notified that the interview would last all day. I had thought it would only be for the morning, as one of the HR people had asked if I had the morning free. I was very nervous at that point as i had only planned on a half-day interview.
    The interview day was broken up into smaller interviews and "getting to know people" time. It was nice overall, the people were pretty great. After my presentation, there were some strange/off putting questions that were tough to answer.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by telephone a week after application deadline. I met with a group of 5 interviewers at the same time. I was told all interviewees would be asked the same questions. Each person asked me a question, mostly related to previous experiences related to position or what would I do in XX situation. About 10 questions in total. It was very formal and not a terribly friendly atmosphere. After this I was asked to participate in a mock advising session. The whole process took around 3-4 hours. Took about 4 weeks to be informed that I was no longer under consideration.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

A phone interview and then an in person interview with the program director.

Phd Assistantship Interview

Interview

Talked with my current advisor on the phone and discussed possible thesis proposal themes. I asked about field logistics and he seemed impressed about the foresight.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty low-keyed interview, so there weren't really any unexpected questions or what not. The only question that was hard to answer was if I intended to stay in academia or not, of which I was not sure at the time.   Answer Question

Human Resource Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

Put in a complete application paying attention to special instructions to applicants and ensure you comply.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR).

Interview

The interview process was good. I met with many faculty members, who were interesting and engaging. It was rather typical of an academic interview - giving a talk, meeting with faculty and students, etc.