Organizing for America

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Organizer Interview

Field Organizer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Organizing for America.

Interview Details – I has been working as a volunteer for 7 months when I was recommended by the Regional Field Director for a staff position. Later, I spoke with the State Field Director about the work I had already been doing on the campaign. Submitted resume to Field Director. Hired shortly thereafter, but it was late in the campaign season at that point (September).

Interview Question – Questions were straightforward inquiries about the work I had already been doing as a volunteer (volunteer recruitment, event organizing, votebuilder knowledge).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay brackets are fixed, no negotiations.

Early Vote Organizer Interview

Early Vote Organizer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Organizing for America in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was a volunteer with the campaign before I got hired. I was recommended got the position by a staff member. I submitted my résumé to Field Organizer who asked me a few questions about my campaign experience & then sent me out to shadow a OFA fellow. I was contacted a few weeks later by the Regional Field Director who offered me the position.

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position, told how many hours if be expected to work & told me how much I'd be paid.

Worked for Organizing for America? Contribute to the Community!