Orica

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Orica.

Interview Details – Grueling. Filled out the application on paper and electronically, no less than 4 times. Took forever to actually get hired.

Interview Question – Interview went as I would expect. If you are not qualified, you will likely not get hired   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Orica.

Interview Details – Hiring process quick and easy. Interview was a round robin with 3 to 4 different groups. Supposedly a STAR-type interview process. It wasn't always, more straight question and answer type questions.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected, really. One was, tell me about a time you saw an unsafe action in a plant environment.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Orica.

Interview Details – Online assessment, online interview, and in-person interview with HR employee

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   View Answer

Controller Interview

Controller

Interviewed at Orica

Interview Details – Contacted by a headhunter, interviewed by the business manager and the regional finance manager. The headhunter normally does some competence tests. Good level of English is mandatory.

Interview Question – Are you able to manage organizational changes?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Orica.

Interview Details – I stumbled upon the opportunity online when searching for positions in my specific field. I then submitted my resume and cover letter. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter providing her with a few more details on my background; she then setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. This went well, and he implied that I would be contacted in a few weeks so that an in-person interview could be arranged.

I went several weeks later, and I was very impressed with their facilities. The projects are exciting; I mean, it's commercial explosives, how not exciting could it be. The manager runs his team like those at Google with 20% innovation time, an online system to float new ideas, flexible hours, and time off. The facility is in the middle of renovations for expansion, and they just completed a new gym (with a ping pong table). It is about 20 miles to the east of Denver, and Denver is a great city to live in. I would highly recommend (at the very least) checking out any position offered at Orica USA.

Interview Question – When developing a new system, what are your primary concerns? How do you go about designing a solution?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went through one round of negotiation and was able to negotiate a signing bonus.

Technical Superintendent Interview

Technical Superintendent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Orica in June 2010.

Interview Details – send your resume either via and employee or through any form of advertisement or jobstreet

Interview Question – 4 questions being asked at a time and you can't finish answering them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not good

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Orica in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was targetted selection type with the CEO. Really interested in my view of the future and how I thought that I can influence strategy. Conversational in nature but really clever questions trying to test my understanding, initiative and motivation

Interview Question – Desrcibe what drivers do think will be afftecting our customersin 10 years time?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Orica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orica interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Orica employees and interview candidates.