Orica Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

SAP Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Orica.

I got hired through employee referral. So, it was easy access to HR and hence got scheduled for an interview with the IT Manager and Functional area experts. After answering few technical questions, I was asked to go through Drug test, background check and they sent the offer letter within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty simple and good technical questions to check overall knowledge in the subject.   Answer Question
    Negotiate well before joining as this is the only time, you can ask for what you want.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Orica.

Grueling. Filled out the application on paper and electronically, no less than 4 times. Took forever to actually get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Interview went as I would expect. If you are not qualified, you will likely not get hired   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Orica.

Hiring process quick and easy. Interview was a round robin with 3 to 4 different groups. Supposedly a STAR-type interview process. It wasn't always, more straight question and answer type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected, really. One was, tell me about a time you saw an unsafe action in a plant environment.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Orica.

Online assessment, online interview, and in-person interview with HR employee

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orica.

Interview process took some time to organise. Later found out this was due to the senior stakeholder / cost centre owner on leave. Interview was a little unorganised - took time getting the room, and the facilities were quite dated. The interview was conducted by a panel of three - two really nice, and one was disinterested. The two nice ones asked questions and conducted themselves professionally - the third was disinterested, asked few questions, and left 20 mins into the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was more like a conversation then and interview (once I payed less attention to the rude person), and I found the conversation naturally covered key topics that were relevant to the role.   Answer Question
    After the interview there was a couple of weeks messing around to get the position created and onboarded.

Site Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Orica in March 2013.

Interview process was exhausting. From the first call to the day of hire was almost 5 months. HR recruiter seemed to have no idea what the role required, and it wasn't until I finally spoke to a operations person that I actually got any valuable information. Morale seems low, but it was a fresh opportunity

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know about lean exposure. What it means and what I would do onsite   View Answer

Pay too low

Controller Interview

Contacted by a headhunter, interviewed by the business manager and the regional finance manager. The headhunter normally does some competence tests. Good level of English is mandatory.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orica.

I stumbled upon the opportunity online when searching for positions in my specific field. I then submitted my resume and cover letter. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter providing her with a few more details on my background; she then setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. This went well, and he implied that I would be contacted in a few weeks so that an in-person interview could be arranged.

I went several weeks later, and I was very impressed with their facilities. The projects are exciting; I mean, it's commercial explosives, how not exciting could it be. The manager runs his team like those at Google with 20% innovation time, an online system to float new ideas, flexible hours, and time off. The facility is in the middle of renovations for expansion, and they just completed a new gym (with a ping pong table). It is about 20 miles to the east of Denver, and Denver is a great city to live in. I would highly recommend (at the very least) checking out any position offered at Orica USA.

Interview Questions
    • When developing a new system, what are your primary concerns? How do you go about designing a solution?   View Answer
    I went through one round of negotiation and was able to negotiate a signing bonus.

Technical Superintendent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Orica in June 2010.

send your resume either via and employee or through any form of advertisement or jobstreet

Interview Questions
    • 4 questions being asked at a time and you can't finish answering them   Answer Question
    not good

Marketing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orica in July 2009.

Interview was targetted selection type with the CEO. Really interested in my view of the future and how I thought that I can influence strategy. Conversational in nature but really clever questions trying to test my understanding, initiative and motivation

Interview Questions
    • Desrcibe what drivers do think will be afftecting our customersin 10 years time?   Answer Question