Orica Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Orica.

Grueling. Filled out the application on paper and electronically, no less than 4 times. Took forever to actually get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Interview went as I would expect. If you are not qualified, you will likely not get hired   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Orica.

Hiring process quick and easy. Interview was a round robin with 3 to 4 different groups. Supposedly a STAR-type interview process. It wasn't always, more straight question and answer type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected, really. One was, tell me about a time you saw an unsafe action in a plant environment.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Orica.

Online assessment, online interview, and in-person interview with HR employee

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Orica.

Interview process took some time to organise. Later found out this was due to the senior stakeholder / cost centre owner on leave. Interview was a little unorganised - took time getting the room, and the facilities were quite dated. The interview was conducted by a panel of three - two really nice, and one was disinterested. The two nice ones asked questions and conducted themselves professionally - the third was disinterested, asked few questions, and left 20 mins into the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was more like a conversation then and interview (once I payed less attention to the rude person), and I found the conversation naturally covered key topics that were relevant to the role.   Answer Question
    After the interview there was a couple of weeks messing around to get the position created and onboarded.

Controller Interview

Contacted by a headhunter, interviewed by the business manager and the regional finance manager. The headhunter normally does some competence tests. Good level of English is mandatory.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Orica.

I stumbled upon the opportunity online when searching for positions in my specific field. I then submitted my resume and cover letter. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter providing her with a few more details on my background; she then setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. This went well, and he implied that I would be contacted in a few weeks so that an in-person interview could be arranged.

I went several weeks later, and I was very impressed with their facilities. The projects are exciting; I mean, it's commercial explosives, how not exciting could it be. The manager runs his team like those at Google with 20% innovation time, an online system to float new ideas, flexible hours, and time off. The facility is in the middle of renovations for expansion, and they just completed a new gym (with a ping pong table). It is about 20 miles to the east of Denver, and Denver is a great city to live in. I would highly recommend (at the very least) checking out any position offered at Orica USA.

Interview Questions
    • When developing a new system, what are your primary concerns? How do you go about designing a solution?   View Answer
    I went through one round of negotiation and was able to negotiate a signing bonus.

Technical Superintendent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Orica in June 2010.

send your resume either via and employee or through any form of advertisement or jobstreet

Interview Questions
    • 4 questions being asked at a time and you can't finish answering them   Answer Question
    not good

Marketing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Orica in July 2009.

Interview was targetted selection type with the CEO. Really interested in my view of the future and how I thought that I can influence strategy. Conversational in nature but really clever questions trying to test my understanding, initiative and motivation

Interview Questions
    • Desrcibe what drivers do think will be afftecting our customersin 10 years time?   Answer Question