Oriental Trading Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.5

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The interview was very unorganized, and it felt as though the interviewers had never been on that side of the table before - even though one was a vp. Additionally, the job I actually interviewed for was not for the one I applied for. Same title, but vastly different experience wanted from what was depicted in the description. Due to that, the interview was a waste of my time. In retrospect I should have politely ended the interview early. They did not portray a positive view of the how the company is run at all.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was very disorganized. Had phone interview with a director and another manager who arrived about ten minutes late. The questions were made up on the spot, and had very little thought put into them. They didn't ask much about my experiences, but focused on what they had done. They also seemed offended when I rated my Java skills as a 9. They asked me if I thought I was a Jedi Knight. I also disagreed with the director when he said abstract classes could not have concrete methods, and this seemed to offend him. I withdrew my application after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Rate your Java skills from 1 to 10?   1 Answer
    • List the JVM thread states   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Interview

Office I was interviewed in was very good. Facility team work in and I worked in very outdated and made team feel under appreciated. Fly in to do interview and wined and dined. Focus should have talked more in-depthly about why the turn-over in this roll was so high.

Interview Questions

• Was taken to supper with my family and more questions had been focused on my daughter and not my wife or myself   1 Answer

Associate Brand Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in September 2014.

Interview

Worst interview I've ever been through! During my initial phone interview the recruiter had no in-depth information regarding the position I was applying for and couldn't answer a single question of mine. I was asked basic questions that I'd expect to be asked for someone coming out of Jr. High. The recruiter was not only incompetent about the role but also their company. I quickly withdrew myself from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Microsoft Word before? Please provide and example.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application through their website. A few days later they call me and say they would like to interview me. The interview was scheduled for the next day. At the interview, they had me watch a short video about the company, and then they had me take a short test that I thought was pretty simple. Afterwards, I waited for about 5-10 minutes while my interviewer looked over my application and test results. The interview was pretty standard, no hard questions. I was told I was hired as long as my background check and drug test came back okay. After about a week, they got the okay on the results and I went back in to fill out some paperwork and get everything set for my training class. Overall, I was satisfied with the experience. I was looking for a seasonal job to make some extra cash, so I liked that I didn't have to wait long before working. I also liked how they hire on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer? Do you like working alone or as a team? What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in April 2014.

Interview

saw add on linkedin, applied on their website. it took about 4 weeks to hear something, i frankly forgot i even applied. the first was a 20 minute phone interview which was very basic. then i was asked to come and meet the boss. again i didn't hear anything for nearly a month.

Interview Questions

didn't like how long it took. would have been fine but i was left in the wings. if they would have communicated with me, I wouldn't of had to find another job.

Shipping Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in February 2014.

Interview

They have a couple of brief time tests depending on the job you are applying for. Then interview time came after and was very brief and simple. The lady did not spend more than 5 minutes with me. Simply asked about previous employment and a few questions about the work I would be doing if hired.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Interview

Within a week I was contacted and conducted a phone interview. Ultimately the job was not exactly what I was looking for and did not proceed in the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Standard screening interview.   Answer Question

Merchanise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ralston, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Ralston, NE) in November 2013.

Interview

Initially replied to an ad on LinkedIn. Spoke by phone with HR Rep, hiring manager, and two higher level individuals. Eventually ended up flying out (from NYC area) to interview in Omaha, and received an offer 1 day after my visit. The entire process was transparent, responsive and very positive, especially considering that I was an out-of-state candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was more than fair, and negotiation was not necessary.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Interview

Quick HR phone interview and then quick turnaround for a second interview. Second interview was with potential boss and her manager. This company does not seem to care for those with an education, many employees do not have a college degree and this company does not attend college career fairs.

Interview Questions

• None, easy interview if you are prepared. Try to beef up your experience because college graduates do not seem to be their cup of tea.   Answer Question