Oriental Trading Company Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
10 interviews

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ralston, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in November 2011.

you go in a room full of people and answer how 'you would do a job', then you would be questioned by their management and then they determine if you should get hired or not

when would you be able to start

Personalization Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in March 2013.

The interview was almost non-existent. I came in, was instructed to take an extremely basic proficiency test that only required reading labels and matching them to an assigned cubby space. In the actual interview I was asked if I understood the job description, to explain it in my own words, and asked if I felt I would be able to perform all that was required of me. Then we started on paperwork and set a time and date for my drug test and physical testing. Very simple.

Interview Questions
    • No challenging questions, the few questions I was asked pertained very specifically to the job listing's description.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for my position.

Inventory Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ralston, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in October 2013.

4 interviews (1 call, three in-person). Each interview was the same questions just with a higher level on the totem pole.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your best achievement at your current place of employment.   View Answer
    No negotiations involved. I accepted as I was actively seeking employment.

Merchanise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ralston, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in November 2013.

Initially replied to an ad on LinkedIn. Spoke by phone with HR Rep, hiring manager, and two higher level individuals. Eventually ended up flying out (from NYC area) to interview in Omaha, and received an offer 1 day after my visit.

The entire process was transparent, responsive and very positive, especially considering that I was an out-of-state candidate.

Interview Questions
    Offer was more than fair, and negotiation was not necessary.

Inventory Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Within a week I was contacted and conducted a phone interview. Ultimately the job was not exactly what I was looking for and did not proceed in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Standard screening interview.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Quick HR phone interview and then quick turnaround for a second interview. Second interview was with potential boss and her manager. This company does not seem to care for those with an education, many employees do not have a college degree and this company does not attend college career fairs.

Interview Questions
    • None, easy interview if you are prepared. Try to beef up your experience because college graduates do not seem to be their cup of tea.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in September 2011.

The position's supervisor called me for an unscheduled phone interview. When I asked his name, he told me his first, but said his last was too difficult. He provided me with no contact information. I heard nothing from the company for almost a month. Then I was asked to come in the following week for an interview consisting of 3 1:1 interviews. That structure did give me the opportunity to discuss company dynamics with those at the same position level, without the supervisor present; but some of the questions were repetitive. Oriental Trading emerged from Chapter 11 in 2011, so I was interested in how management may have changed. A five year employee said it basically hadn't--which I think was the answer I wanted, but obviously I wanted to be certain they were changing their business model moving forward.
    As I had not used a software required for the position in several years, one of the interviewers brought in a sample print out for me to review, which was understandable. At the end of the interviews, no one offered me any contact information or business card. After learning more about the position and the company, I had determined that, should an offer be extended, I would likely decline. I heard nothing from the company for over two months, when I finally received a message from Human Resources saying they had filled the position but would retain my resume.

Engineering Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in August 2009.

Applied online .Received a mail from HR asking me to schedule my phone interview.Interview consisted mostly of HR questions.It was a behavorial session.But was very long.They interviewd me for an hour .Received a confirmation mail after twoo weeks asking me to join.People are really nice to work with.Always helpful.

Interview Questions
    • You've been with your firm a long time. Won't it be hard switching to a new company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in April 2010.

For a CSA position you have to call ahead to set up an assessment and interview with an automated system. When you go in you have a skills assessment test that asks questions about customer service skills as well as math and some English. Once you're finished with that you meet with an HR rep who conducts the interview.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the call you need to upsell something from the catalog to the customer. The interviewer handed me a catalog and told me to upsell something to her.   View Answer

Order Filler Interview

Several years ago they hired most people that applied for that position. I do believe that there may be drug testing required now. I took a fairly simple computer test.

Worked for Oriental Trading Company? Contribute to the Community!