Origin Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Safety Manager Interview

Safety Manager
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Origin Energy.

Interview Details – Good recruiter who has subsequently left. Behavioral based interview. Recruitment process can be very slow and drawn out. Generally requires two interviews and potentially psychometric testing.

Commercial Analysis Interview

Commercial Analysis
Adelaide (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Origin Energy in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had first spoken to a senior staff when Origin Energy's Graduate Recruitment Team when they dropped by Adelaide University to speak about their Graduate Programs. I had expressed my interest in the energy market, and in particular, gaining some experience to give me insights into the energy sector and some training that can help me in working towards becoming a trader. He had then asked me what degree I was studying and after speaking, he said he might be able to arrange for me to undertake some vacation work if I sent through my resume.

I sent my resume through but it wasn't till 1 month later that I got invited for an interview and commenced work a couple of weeks later.

I went through a 2:1 interview and did a simple test consisting of 3 questions -1 econ, 1 finance and 1 accounting. The interview had me run through my resume and asking me what I hope to get out of the internship.

I was fortunate to work under a fantastic supervisor who guided me patiently along the way and a group of colleagues who were very warm and friendly. Work can be hectic but you get to work with some of the most passionate and brightest minds.

The only advice is be very clear what you want to get out of the internship and the rest will fall into place.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Origin Energy in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for a POI on the website. Was contacted one month later regarding a position. Had two telephone interviews with different managers for more than an hour each. Then had another telephone interview with a functional manager for 2 hours. Went in for a office interview with 4 different team leaders for 3 hours.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with Data?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was difficult due to the position circumstances.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vacation Mechanical Engineer Interview

Vacation Mechanical Engineer
Brisbane (Australia)

The process took a day - interviewed at Origin Energy in September 2009.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview with all the usual HR questions, and was invited to a group/individual interview. The process was day long, and began with a presentation about the company and an introduction by the interviewers. This was followed by a group activity and presentation and then an interview. The interview was with one person from HR as well as an Engineer. The whole process was well run and very professional.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Origin?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Origin Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Origin Energy interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Origin Energy employees and interview candidates.