Origin Energy Interview Questions

3.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Origin Energy.

Interview

This was a long process that dragged over many months. Origin Energy is not well organised when it comes to recruitment. It was a haphazard process and Human Resource teams are disjointed between divisions of the company.

Interview Questions

• Lots of STAR questions, mostly on communication, change mgt & influencing ppl.   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Origin Energy (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Good recruiter who has subsequently left. Behavioral based interview. Recruitment process can be very slow and drawn out. Generally requires two interviews and potentially psychometric testing.

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane (Australia)) in August 2012.

Interview

Prior applying for this job, I did some consulting work for Origin APLNG and was well-received.
    3 rounds - I was interviewed for LNG reservoir engineer, Origin/ConocoPhlips/Sinopec project.
    1.HR telephone interview (20min), just general information, typical HR question
    2. Spoke with Chief Petroleum Engineer on phone (15min-20min)-also more general background verification, work inspiration, finding out why I want to join Origin. Chief PE is function role so not related to the team who has the vacancy.
    3. Technical interview (1hr+)-this is a serious and most important one. Panel include the Team leader who also happened to be a very experienced hardcore RE + 1 more principle level reservoir engineer (both COP secondees) + 1 function team representative and 1HR . Very tough technical questions, in a friendly and non-threatening environment.

Interview Questions

• I guess I am not used to those "what if" questions that came from the HR templates.   Answer Question

Commercial Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Origin Energy (Adelaide (Australia)) in December 2011.

Interview

I had first spoken to a senior staff when Origin Energy's Graduate Recruitment Team when they dropped by Adelaide University to speak about their Graduate Programs. I had expressed my interest in the energy market, and in particular, gaining some experience to give me insights into the energy sector and some training that can help me in working towards becoming a trader. He had then asked me what degree I was studying and after speaking, he said he might be able to arrange for me to undertake some vacation work if I sent through my resume.

I sent my resume through but it wasn't till 1 month later that I got invited for an interview and commenced work a couple of weeks later.

I went through a 2:1 interview and did a simple test consisting of 3 questions -1 econ, 1 finance and 1 accounting. The interview had me run through my resume and asking me what I hope to get out of the internship.

I was fortunate to work under a fantastic supervisor who guided me patiently along the way and a group of colleagues who were very warm and friendly. Work can be hectic but you get to work with some of the most passionate and brightest minds.

The only advice is be very clear what you want to get out of the internship and the rest will fall into place.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Origin Energy in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for a POI on the website. Was contacted one month later regarding a position. Had two telephone interviews with different managers for more than an hour each. Then had another telephone interview with a functional manager for 2 hours. Went in for a office interview with 4 different team leaders for 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was difficult due to the position circumstances.

Vacation Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Origin Energy (Brisbane (Australia)) in September 2009.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with all the usual HR questions, and was invited to a group/individual interview. The process was day long, and began with a presentation about the company and an introduction by the interviewers. This was followed by a group activity and presentation and then an interview. The interview was with one person from HR as well as an Engineer. The whole process was well run and very professional.