Origins Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

3.2

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Origins (White Plains, NY).

Interview

A series of meetings first with a store manager that thought I would be a great candidate. He informed me of current openings of the company locally. Then a phone interview with a district manager followed by a formal interview. The last step was a phone questionnaire that went through at least fifty questions that all seemed to revolve around a core ten questions reworded.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Origins in April 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by talent agent. Set up for two fort five minute interviews to rate my sales and management skills. Interview was long and drab. No feedback on your answers, very repetitive, vague and pretty automated.

Interview Questions

• If you noticed an employee doing something wrong what would you do?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Origins (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

DM, Talent Plus, HR, Regional manager.the talent Plus interview was to be the hardest. I know most people do not pass. I was very honest . Once you meet face to face, they ask you the same questions as Talent Plus My interview with regional was a joke, we did skype, then we got disconnected and spoke for 3 minutes on the phone

Interview Questions

• How do you get your team to follow you   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was ok....they come fairly close to your expectation

Sales Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Origins (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The first touchpoint was a Phone Screening, with questions for about an hour long. Immediately after the screening was complete, I was told I could move to the next level with a phone interview to be conducted with various executives from corporate, however, I was not contacted, even after following up via email with the person who conducted the phone screening.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Origins (Natick, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied to Origins in the store after seeing they were hiring and received a call about a week later to schedule an interview. After my initial short interview about my past work experience I was told I would have a phone interview next. The phone interview is pretty awful. All of the questions had the same structure, where are you on a scale of 1-10 for positivity, loyalty, etc.. When was a time you were positive, loyal etc... After my phone interview I did not hear back for another week, then I was scheduled to come in for a third round interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I asked for a small amount higher than what they initially proposed and they accepted.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Origins (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I was first screened by phone with the full time key holder, then invited in for second interview with the Assistant Manager. Both interviews were very professional, and the ladies were easy to talk to. The second portion was a phone interview which determined if you were a candidate worth proceeding further. Lastly I interviewed with the store manager, during the interview she went over sales expectations and coaching reports, which gave a realistic review of what was expected on the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a cause I am passionate about? I was not expecting that so it caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, however I strongly suggest making a counter offer if offered a position

Sales Guide Interview

Interview

Must walk in to preferred store location, request to complete job application. Turn application along with a resume in to supervisor or store manager. This position requires that the applicant have a background in retail cosmetics and or an esthetician or spa associate background.

Interview Questions

• This was an easygoing, fun atmosphere that promotes well being, there are really no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fair as compared to level of experience, etc.

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Origins (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

I am still in the interviewing process but I just had my first phone interview. This is the Talent Plus part of the interview. I conveniently read about the Talent Plus thing on this site, and it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete. My lunch break is only 1 hour so I am waiting for someone to call me back to complete the last 10 questions. Basically all of the questions ask you whether or not you believe something and then to tell them about a time you did that something. So many questions, and these are all that I can remember. I hope this helps someone else who is going through the Talent Plus section of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a time: I demonstrated leadership Got others to get excited about a mundane task Would discuss with a subordinate their drinking habits while they are not at work Thought of an improvement in the middle of the night Whether or not I like to take lots of breaks, or work straight through How I would handle a team of Beauty Advisors who didn't get along with each other How would I treat a VIP that is coming to the counter Motivate others to reach their goals Effectively delegate tasks Greatest success Do others at work ask me for advice Do others at work like me ... How do you know Do friends ask me for advice What do I look for in a friend What characterists does a good counter manager possess ... do I have those skills How do I relax What are my hobbies Has anyone ever commented about how tidy my workspace is Do I have a plan of action for my counter ... How will I execute this plan of action Why would I work late for the company   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Origins (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial screening was very traditional. Sit-down with area executive, exchanging questions about the position's responsibilities and the company culture and benefits. Estee Lauder Companies utilizes Talent Plus as a follow-up interview by phone to help identify specific talents and proclivities a candidate is likely to bring to their position, and the process can be awkward for some since the interview is structured (no conversation or feedback offered by the analyst).

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you: making sales or offering the best customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had asked for significantly more than my current salary, more than I thought they would likely accept. The counter offer was still within my expectations, so the negotiation phase was not difficult.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Origins (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Quick phone interview, face to face interview with District Manager, phone interview with Regional Manager, Talent+ interview. DM was friendly, had me meet staff of the store and receive a mini-facial.