Origins

3.3

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Origins in September 2013.

I applied to Origins in the store after seeing they were hiring and received a call about a week later to schedule an interview. After my initial short interview about my past work experience I was told I would have a phone interview next. The phone interview is pretty awful. All of the questions had the same structure, where are you on a scale of 1-10 for positivity, loyalty, etc.. When was a time you were positive, loyal etc... After my phone interview I did not hear back for another week, then I was scheduled to come in for a third round interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. I asked for a small amount higher than what they initially proposed and they accepted.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Origins in April 2013.

I was first screened by phone with the full time key holder, then invited in for second interview with the Assistant Manager. Both interviews were very professional, and the ladies were easy to talk to. The second portion was a phone interview which determined if you were a candidate worth proceeding further. Lastly I interviewed with the store manager, during the interview she went over sales expectations and coaching reports, which gave a realistic review of what was expected on the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is a cause I am passionate about? I was not expecting that so it caught me off guard.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, however I strongly suggest making a counter offer if offered a position

Sales Guide Interview

Must walk in to preferred store location, request to complete job application. Turn application along with a resume in to supervisor or store manager. This position requires that the applicant have a background in retail cosmetics and or an esthetician or spa associate background.

Interview Questions
    • This was an easygoing, fun atmosphere that promotes well being, there are really no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    It was fair as compared to level of experience, etc.

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Origins in May 2012.

I am still in the interviewing process but I just had my first phone interview. This is the Talent Plus part of the interview. I conveniently read about the Talent Plus thing on this site, and it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete. My lunch break is only 1 hour so I am waiting for someone to call me back to complete the last 10 questions. Basically all of the questions ask you whether or not you believe something and then to tell them about a time you did that something.

So many questions, and these are all that I can remember. I hope this helps someone else who is going through the Talent Plus section of the company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to tell them about a time:

I demonstrated leadership
      Got others to get excited about a mundane task
      Would discuss with a subordinate their drinking habits while they are not at work
      Thought of an improvement in the middle of the night
      Whether or not I like to take lots of breaks, or work straight through
      How I would handle a team of Beauty Advisors who didn't get along with each other
      How would I treat a VIP that is coming to the counter
      Motivate others to reach their goals
      Effectively delegate tasks
      Greatest success
      Do others at work ask me for advice
      Do others at work like me ... How do you know
      Do friends ask me for advice
      What do I look for in a friend
      What characterists does a good counter manager possess ... do I have those skills
      How do I relax
      What are my hobbies
      Has anyone ever commented about how tidy my workspace is
      Do I have a plan of action for my counter ... How will I execute this plan of action
      Why would I work late for the company
        Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Origins in April 2012.

Initial screening was very traditional. Sit-down with area executive, exchanging questions about the position's responsibilities and the company culture and benefits. Estee Lauder Companies utilizes Talent Plus as a follow-up interview by phone to help identify specific talents and proclivities a candidate is likely to bring to their position, and the process can be awkward for some since the interview is structured (no conversation or feedback offered by the analyst).

Interview Questions
    • What is more important to you: making sales or offering the best customer service?   View Answer
    I had asked for significantly more than my current salary, more than I thought they would likely accept. The counter offer was still within my expectations, so the negotiation phase was not difficult.

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Origins in January 2011.

I had a face to face interview with the store manager, after that, she asked me to come back in the next day to speak to the District Manager. The questions were typical of retail sales interview questions. After my interview with the District Manager, a company called and did a personality test. They asked more in depth questions than the initial interview with the managers. It goes into the Estee Lauder database.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Origins in March 2010.

Came into a clean fresh store. There were only 2 customers along with the assistant Manager who I was happily greeted by. As we walked to the back we had a friendly ice breaker conversation. She handed me over to the store manager and we talked a while. I was a little bit uncomfortable because the Store Manager was hard to read, as in her body language and facial expressions were very expressionless. It was almost like she was starring through me but she actually ended up being an amazing person to work for.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable. It is a starting pay rate for all in that position.

Sales Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Origins in February 2013.

one in person interview with store manager, one phone interview with Estee Lauder talent plus program

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Origins.

Interviewed with district manager and a personality test

Interview Questions
    • Do you sell by product knowledge or relationship?   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Origins in December 2009.

This was only part one of the interview process, I was asked about the brand, my current experience, and what I would bring to the company. I had to sell a product over the phone and I did this by googling about the products and finding out as much as poss!

Interview Questions
    I think this will be in my face to face interview in a few weeks.